Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-06-2023, 06:10 PM   #1
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Banned From Texas Cars and Coffee

This made me giggle.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/texas-...idiot-burnouts

It's unfortunate Camaro owners at this particular cars and coffee have to pay the consequences of others actions but can we appreciate the fact that our cars don't have an associated meme or are stereotyped as being cheap and easy?

Last paragraph we are notably absent from.

"It would be unfair to say that there isn't anything to Coffee and Cars' claims. Muscle cars, especially the Mustang, have earned some notoriety for being linked to reckless behavior at car meets. A Mustang pulling out of a parking lot hungry for pedestrians is a time-honored meme, and Dodge Chargers and Challengers are common sights at street takeovers. The bottom line is they're cheap, powerful, and often loud. They're easy cars to misbehave in."

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 06:19 PM   #2
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
A vast majority of people come to these events not just to look at the cars, but to hear them driving/revving the engine. Punish the idiots who do the burnouts directly, remove those people from the events.... but just blanket banning a group of cars is asinine and childish.

Personally, I've grown very tired of Cars & Coffee because they generally only want the exotic cars and its always catered to those people in particular. It just becomes a circle jerk of money patting other money on its back...

And while Hellcats, ZL1s, and Mustang GT350/500's aren't cheap, it's a different zip code compared to those 150-200-250-300-500-1 million dollar cars....
Old 11-06-2023, 06:38 PM   #3
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Never been to one.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:13 PM   #4
02WhiteWs6

Drives: 2024 LT1 Convertible
sounds like they are trying to discourage domestic cars from attending. The burnout thing is just an excuse. You ban the behavior, not the cars. I do agree that people need to discourage the burnout behavior. It's stupid, childish and far from entertaining
02WhiteWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:22 PM   #5
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
The specific issue that caused this was a Charger that did a burnout and donut in the middle of the street. I’ll try to find the video but it’s a bad look, just unfortunate muscle cars get bunched into it

Edit: the Charger behind the ban
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:44 PM   #6
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I did not read the link but,

Banned? Is there C&C police? Is it not a public parking lot?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:08 PM   #7
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
A vast majority of people come to these events not just to look at the cars, but to hear them driving/revving the engine. Punish the idiots who do the burnouts directly, remove those people from the events.... but just blanket banning a group of cars is asinine and childish.

Personally, I've grown very tired of Cars & Coffee because they generally only want the exotic cars and its always catered to those people in particular. It just becomes a circle jerk of money patting other money on its back...

And while Hellcats, ZL1s, and Mustang GT350/500's aren't cheap, it's a different zip code compared to those 150-200-250-300-500-1 million dollar cars....
Truth.
The porsche fanboism/snobbery in particular has gotten out of control lately.
Yeah, your survivor '89 911 Carerra 2 is so much more special than a Zl1 or GT350, proceed to the roped-off area.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:33 PM   #8
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Straight up classism.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:17 PM   #9
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I did not read the link but,

Banned? Is there C&C police? Is it not a public parking lot?
It’s the group that puts together the events, they get some rights to the events since they’re so big. Last event in The Woodlands revealed a new Pagani, typically the coordinators work with Houston PD as well
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:36 PM   #10
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post

There is one event like that here in SoCal that I don't go to anymore. They put all the exotics up front and all the other cars a pushed to the back and sides. Even the cars that heavily modified are pushed to the aside for stock exotics.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:51 PM   #11
MyNameIs

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
This made me giggle.

It's unfortunate Camaro owners at this particular cars and coffee have to pay the consequences of others actions but can we appreciate the fact that our cars don't have an associated meme or are stereotyped as being cheap and easy?

"It would be unfair to say that there isn't anything to Coffee and Cars' claims. Muscle cars, especially the Mustang, have earned some notoriety for being linked to reckless behavior at car meets. A Mustang pulling out of a parking lot hungry for pedestrians is a time-honored meme, and Dodge Chargers and Challengers are common sights at street takeovers. The bottom line is they're cheap, powerful, and often loud. They're easy cars to misbehave in."
Who wants to be at a C & C anyway with a bunch of owners of Boujie' foreign cars with 500 miles on the odometer? Not me. The Cars shows I attend are mostly vintage muscle and American classics that defined America when America was still....America.
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 10:11 PM   #12
MyNameIs

Drives: Camaro SS
Not sure why a cars race should have anything to do with this.
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 06:47 AM   #13
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
Cars and Coffee run by Morons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
This made me giggle.

Thanks for the heads up. If I lived by an event that banned my car I'd go just to spite them. Taking away your rights based upon the car you drive?
I'll never have anything to do with Coffee and Cars in the future because any group that blames me for what someone else does with their vehicle has members with mush for brains. I won't have anything to do with them!

Last edited by 79 TransAm that never was; 11-07-2023 at 07:50 AM.
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 06:49 AM   #14
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
It’s the group that puts together the events, they get some rights to the events since they’re so big. Last event in The Woodlands revealed a new Pagani, typically the coordinators work with Houston PD as well
Would be interesting to see the police turn away a Camaro. The Mustang, Camaro and Dodge Clubs in the area should mass show up at the next event.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote