Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-07-2023, 09:19 PM   #85
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I was blessed, I bought mine during the height of Covid paid 16,000 under MSRP, I couldn’t pass up the deal at the time. This one is a keeper. I went to the dealership to look at a 2019 convertible SS with a whole lot of aftermarket bling If you know what I mean. And on the way through the dealership to meet with the salesman and I saw this on the show room. After taking the convertible for a test drive I was convinced buy the ZL1
Attached Images

CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:49 AM   #86
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Shelby had a heritage and the name carries a lot of value. The ZL1 1LE is just another Camaro.
Lol, I just re-read this entire thread, which is about comparing an old Shelby’s value to the ZLE. You’re claiming ZLE owners are the most sensitive group, and yet you were the very first comment and it was immediately “The ZLE is just another Camaro”.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
Why not be constructive and give your opinions without sounding like you are always looking to disparage other owners. Stick to the topic, give constructive reasoning, and be part of a discussion vs. creating a toxic environment.
Have a good night…
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:04 AM   #87
Camfab

Back to the subject at hand. Again this boils down to the fact that back in the day, people bought these cars to drive, and they drove the heck out of them. Again they were very simple cars with minor changes with nice looking exteriors. All of the cars from the sixties have that mystic, because as I said before, the cars following the sixties were flat out horrible.
What happens today is so different as people buy these cars speculatively all the time, and while it’s true that modern generations have not done so well, this time it’s so different. ICE is over and that my friends is a game changer. Remember it’s the last supercharged V8 muscle car from Chevrolet. It’s the last manual for Chevrolet . In the end it’s all speculation and I’m usually wrong but we shall see.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:50 AM   #88
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
Lol, I just re-read this entire thread, which is about comparing an old Shelby’s value to the ZLE. You’re claiming ZLE owners are the most sensitive group, and yet you were the very first comment and it was immediately “The ZLE is just another Camaro”.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
Why not be constructive and give your opinions without sounding like you are always looking to disparage other owners. Stick to the topic, give constructive reasoning, and be part of a discussion vs. creating a toxic environment.
Have a good night…
First, I just want to say thank you, assuming your profile is correct, you are a 1LE owner so you have just confirmed what I said about most 1LE owners ultra-sensitivity. I'm not sure you understand the meaning of pot calling the kettle black. I posted about the Camaro ZL1 1LE not having the same resale value of a Shelby, nothing about that fits into pot calling the kettle black, those are just facts, sorry if it hurt your feelings but that just confirms my point about most 1LE owners.

Second, the ZL1 1LE is just another Camaro. It isn't special. The 6th Gen Camaro was not a hugely desirable car in any form. The ZL1 was probably the most desirable of all trims but either way, sales numbers were awful and that's why GM is killing it again. All of my posts in this thread have been on topic, this was about whether or not a Shelby would retain its value better and the answer is YES, without question because statistically its proven. The Shelby's have always been more desirable and that equates to better resale value. Sorry if that's not the news you wanted to hear, hopefully you bought your car to enjoy driving, not for resale value.

Last edited by Z OH 6; 09-08-2023 at 05:35 AM.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 05:15 AM   #89
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Back to the subject at hand. Again this boils down to the fact that back in the day, people bought these cars to drive, and they drove the heck out of them. Again they were very simple cars with minor changes with nice looking exteriors. All of the cars from the sixties have that mystic, because as I said before, the cars following the sixties were flat out horrible.
What happens today is so different as people buy these cars speculatively all the time, and while it’s true that modern generations have not done so well, this time it’s so different. ICE is over and that my friends is a game changer. Remember it’s the last supercharged V8 muscle car from Chevrolet. It’s the last manual for Chevrolet . In the end it’s all speculation and I’m usually wrong but we shall see.
ICE is not over. Put the Kool-Aid down and stop buying into the propaganda. We won't be moving away from ICE vehicles for MANY MANY decades if not centuries. Just because the current US president is pushing this agenda doesn't mean that the next president will. We will see more EV's going forward, but I'm not opposed to that since I like both technologies. I think we all just want freedom of choice and we will still have that long after we're dead.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 08:36 AM   #90
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Why not be constructive and give your opinions without sounding like you are always looking to disparage other owners.
It's called Narcissism.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 09:44 AM   #91
Mike818

Drives: 5.0 Fox, Lancer Evos (8,X),23 ZLE?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...elby-gt500-57/

still sitting at 80k with 5 hours to go.

Could be the market is finally cooling down?
Mike818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 09:55 AM   #92
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike818 View Post
Yep.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:25 AM   #93
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
Lets' do a snapshot in current time comparison, apples to apples, shall we?

If the Garage Queen, 700 mile, Carbon Fiber Track Pack, Shelby GT500, which some here claimed would sell for no less than "new" MSRP pricing (Original "old" MSRP 96K), sells at 80K...

...and the Canyon thrashed, 17k mile, scared, modded, questionable emissions, passed around, spit on and used as intended, A10 ZLE, sold at 63K (Original MSRP 76K)...

...then I'm really feeling good about this if I own a Camaro.

"Track Pack Delete" ZL1 owners should also be happy, because if the ZLE goes up, it will also tow your values up, and probably the SS too.

Carry on.

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R

Last edited by HemiDave; 09-08-2023 at 03:12 PM.
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 11:05 AM   #94
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike818 View Post
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...elby-gt500-57/

still sitting at 80k with 5 hours to go.

The market is definitely not as hot as 2021. That being said prices are still a bit inflated compared to pre-pandemic levels but this could be due to inflation.

Used car prices are cyclical. ALL cars (not just sports cars) have poor trade in value right now and will continue to drop until about February next year. I watched the market last year and last fall used car prices finally started dropping for the first time since the pandemic rise. Personally I thought this was the correction that everyone said would eventually happen HOWEVER the prices shot up again with a vengeance early 2023.

So while prices are dropping I’m going to be watching until spring next year to see if they shoot up again as high as they did this year. I’m expecting a small rise, which is normal but if they shoot up a lot again then that means imo that these are just the prices going forward. As a reminder prepandemic you could get used zl1’ that were 2-3 years old in the mid to high 40’s with not much miles on them. Now that same zl1 that is 5-6 years old now is mid 50’s.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 11:14 AM   #95
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
It's called Narcissism.
Agreed
Old 09-08-2023, 11:57 AM   #96
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I've never looked down on anyone with an SS and thought he wishes he had a ZL1. The 1LE isn't a different model than the standard ZL1, it's the same car with a track pack. The vast majority of people that buy them do it for the appearance, nothing more. Those same people love to quote Nurbrugring times but will never actually put their cars on a track. It's silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
If we have a ZLE, then we feel superior. If we have friends at GM, then we’re bragging(former comment). Thanks for clarifying that. Now I know how I should feel.
Guys, I made a statistical observation based on the thousands of posts in the hundreds of threads I read here. It's not personal and you aren't in the "target group", heh.

The frequency of "should've got a ZL1" posts in any thread where an SS owner even asks about mods is astoundingly high, by the way.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:22 PM   #97
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Guys, I made a statistical observation based on the thousands of posts in the hundreds of threads I read here. It's not personal and you aren't in the "target group", heh.

The frequency of "should've got a ZL1" posts in any thread where an SS owner even asks about mods is astoundingly high, by the way.
Have a great weekend!

I’m guessing that most of us would be friends if we were near one another, because we are all car guys. Posting online removes the tone of our voice, body language, etc., which are important to see what we are actually trying to say.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:27 PM   #98
Camfab

Quote:
I'm talking about across ALL ZL1 sales, so yea its very much true. And before you proceed to tell me that the car posted here was not just a ZL1, but a ZL1 1LE, I would say that most 1LE owners don't buy it for its track capabilities, they bought it for its looks. That's pretty obvious by the amount of people that buy 1LEs for daily drivers and drag racing and never have any intentions of putting them on a road course. The fact is, a 1LE is just another ZL1 with a track package and most people don't care about that other than they want the appearance. GM might as well have called it an appearance package and left the suspension as a track option.
You have really bad reading comprehension, you answered a quoted reply that specifically was talking about the manual in a ZLE. Then you state you were talking about all ZL1’s.
Dude stop being so angry, we all are here because we enjoy the same car. Who gives a rats ass, it’s a fricken toy, not a measurement of who you are. It’s Friday, get in your car and just enjoy it.