Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2023, 09:54 PM   #1
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Well I think the AC blend door problem has finally hit me

I'm hearing hissing/static sound from passenger side of the dash. Heat and AC are blowing weak.

How long can the car even go without this being serviced is my question. I'm saving to move out to AZ and have been riding around without using the AC (been riding with heat on for the sake of my poor little engine...it's a long story) for years now just for the hell of it. Is the blend door that big of an issue or is it just people wanting to beat the heat?
L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 08:14 PM   #2
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If the blend door breaks you won’t have good heat or AC.
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 04:44 PM   #3
Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMax View Post
If the blend door breaks you won’t have good heat or AC.
Well like I was saying, I don't mind driving with it not blowing into the car, just wondering if it's at all detrimental to the car.
L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Old 07-24-2023, 06:34 AM   #4
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
Well like I was saying, I don't mind driving with it not blowing into the car, just wondering if it's at all detrimental to the car.
Why would it be detrimental? You do realize 1000s of vehicles run with no AC?

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 08:02 AM   #5
rdavis

Drives: 2012 SS
mine has been broke for 2 years now. I plan on getting off my butt soon to finally fix it. In the spring I bypass my heater core & have nice a/c. In the fall I run through the heater core & have decent heat. It has worked well enough for me that I really haven't prioritized the repair. Moving to AZ, you may not ever need your heater.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:39 AM   #6
Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Why would it be detrimental? You do realize 1000s of vehicles run with no AC?
That is true, I didn't even think that they might have this problem in them, now I feel a bit stupid lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis View Post
mine has been broke for 2 years now. I plan on getting off my butt soon to finally fix it. In the spring I bypass my heater core & have nice a/c. In the fall I run through the heater core & have decent heat. It has worked well enough for me that I really haven't prioritized the repair. Moving to AZ, you may not ever need your heater.
Very true, glad to hear you're not in too much trouble on yours!