Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-15-2023, 03:12 PM   #15
BSV-CamaroSS
US Army Retired

Drives: 2002 WS6, 2023 2SS 1LE
Congrats with the 2SS! Enjoy it!
2002 WS6 #3392 SOM, 645 hp, 507 tq.

2023 2SS 1LE Shadow Gray Metallic A10, ACS side skirts, rock guards, Diode side markers, Roto-Fab, GM Performance black STB. Stock dyno 387 HP, 411 TQ.
BSV-CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 03:19 PM   #16
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericdared View Post
I am kind of twitching looking at all the things that can fall and scratch that beautiful new car.... Took my son a whole month to run down the side of mine with his bike.
When I first got the car I actually reversed the lock on the man door going to the attached garage so the kids weren’t able to go in. I was that paranoid.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 03:27 PM   #17
wretched ghoul

Drives: s10 xtreme and 23 2ss
Quote:
I am kind of twitching looking at all the things that can fall and scratch that beautiful new car.... Took my son a whole month to run down the side of mine with his bike.
i move miscellaneous stuff behind it as i need 2 more inchs to feel safe to closed the garage door. and we got garage build end of last year so we trying to find room for ever thing
wretched ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:00 PM   #18
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
It wasn't to long...about 2 inches. Between that and a couple of rock dings on the hood and a pillar I went and bought the ac delco primer and color pen and did some high grit sanding and rubbing compound. Then used the paint for 3 coats...then did a couple of coats of the clear coat, then some more high grit sanding and rubbing compound. I am very happy with the results. That one is pretty much completely gone...I do need to hit it one or two more times with the sanding and rubbing compound and it will pretty much be invisible. Luckily it didn't dent it to...just scratched it all the way down to the metal.

The hood rock chip I still need to do quite a bit more work on. It was dented in a bit and I kind of filled it with the paint and clear coat but it isn't smooth enough so I need to hit it quite a bit harder. It looks a million times better than it did though so I am very happy with the results. Especially since I am not a body work guy at all.

I do have a door ding on my passenger side that didn't scratch the paint but did put a small dent up high and low. Not sure how to fix that...I imagine I will have to take it to a body guy. I am sure there is a tool that can just pop it out, but it is really tiny.
That is fantastic work, congrats on your courage and thoroughness. Deeper rock chips are tough, I have one on the edge of the roof, right above the windshield that I touched up, but it's still visible. The most important thing is to avoid exposure, though, which you also took care of.

Dings like that can be handled easily by a good PDR guy without any paint damage, that's what I would do. My ex neighbor had a bunch of acorns dent his roof in several places during a thunderstorm, but he got the dents fixed completely, 100% invisible after paintless dent repair.

Not sure if this is your cup of tea, but self-healing PPF helps quite a bit to avoid these small rock chips and scratches. I only have it in front but it prevented at least 5-6 rock chips from impacts (I'm actually contemplating having the whole car re-PPFd, it's just soooo freaking expensive...)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:39 PM   #19
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
That is fantastic work, congrats on your courage and thoroughness. Deeper rock chips are tough, I have one on the edge of the roof, right above the windshield that I touched up, but it's still visible. The most important thing is to avoid exposure, though, which you also took care of.

Dings like that can be handled easily by a good PDR guy without any paint damage, that's what I would do. My ex neighbor had a bunch of acorns dent his roof in several places during a thunderstorm, but he got the dents fixed completely, 100% invisible after paintless dent repair.

Not sure if this is your cup of tea, but self-healing PPF helps quite a bit to avoid these small rock chips and scratches. I only have it in front but it prevented at least 5-6 rock chips from impacts (I'm actually contemplating having the whole car re-PPFd, it's just soooo freaking expensive...)
PPF is so expensive. My complete front end is covered. I inquired about doing the rest of the car and my guy wants around $3800 to do from the doors back. Overpriced IMO.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 10:09 PM   #20
Ericdared

Drives: 2022 Camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post

Yeah that is something I am seriously considering especially since I daily drive mine. Everytime I wash and wax it I find something new. Plus just the way the front end is on the 6th gen they seem to be magnets for rocks. Soon as I get some extra cash I am going to make this a priority.
Ericdared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 10:36 PM   #21
Camby

Drives: 2023/2SS/1LE/RadiantRed/A10
What in the Griswald family Christmas is going on in that garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2023, 04:29 PM   #22
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Congrats and thanks for the pics!
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote