Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-11-2023, 04:02 PM   #15
bleh

Drives: Riverside Blue ZL1 A10
Just wanted to add another confirmation data point here in case Google brings someone here (like me). As a Californian, I also bought a ZL1 out of state without the copper free brakes + without the YF5 CA Emissions code.

The dealership took care of the registration for me but I still had to do a smog test + VIN verification on my own. It took about 500 miles of driving for the readiness monitors to be set for smog - didn't get the evap monitor to be set but that specific one is optional. VIN Verification did not even look at the brakes, just the emissions sticker which should say California LEV-160 or something like that. I then sent the paperwork of both back to the dealership and they did the rest for me.

The dealership collected sales tax at the time of purchase. California will give you credit for taxes paid to another state, just make sure you have proof of the taxes paid (ex. sales agreement/bill of sale) if you are going to take care of registration on your own.
Old 07-11-2023, 05:48 PM   #16
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Under hood sticker

This is what I needed to see when I bought my Camaro in NJ and drove it back to California where I lived at the time.
Attached Images

Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote