#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-11-2023, 09:39 PM   #15
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
I am currently over 1,000 miles away from home at the track in my Camaro without a tow vehicle. 2nd set of wheels with tires fits inside the car along with a pop up chair, toolbox, spares, and clothes if you don't have a passenger.
+1. Although I'll freely admit I can't find room to bring spare fuel, but the rest does indeed fit if you take out the rear seat and seat-back. 3 tires vertically in the back seat, and 1 in the trunk!
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:44 AM   #16
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
My rear seat is still in place so I have to move the passenger seat far forward to get the 3 wheels in the back. There are probably fuel containers that would fit inside the wheels but I haven't checked since most tracks I have been to have 93 octane gas available nearby and/or on site but the on site gas is sometimes way overpriced.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 08:36 AM   #17
N Camarolina

Good idea about the insides of 2nd wheels. All that space going to waste!
Old 06-14-2023, 02:02 PM   #18
KirillWA

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
My rear seat is still in place so I have to move the passenger seat far forward to get the 3 wheels in the back. There are probably fuel containers that would fit inside the wheels but I haven't checked since most tracks I have been to have 93 octane gas available nearby and/or on site but the on site gas is sometimes way overpriced.
Can you show a picture of that setup, please? I couldn't find a way to put a set of tires inside my 1LE
Old 06-14-2023, 03:26 PM   #19
cdrptrks

From driver's side:
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2023, 03:32 PM   #20
cdrptrks

Also note that there's room to store things inside of the wheels and room for a plastic tote on the passenger seat which has to be moved very far forward.

I put a rear behind the driver's seat and 2 fronts behind the passenger seat. The other rear goes face down in the trunk with spares packed inside of it.

It works with wider ZL1 1LE wheels too but it is a tighter fit and a front (305/30/19) has to go into the trunk since the ZL1 1LE rears (325/30/19) are too wide to fit into the trunk.

The Velcro wheel carrier duffel totes with handles are Kurgo brand available from Tire Rack and Amazon. They make it much easier to load and unload the wheels. Felt inserts are also available to protect the wheel faces but I don't have them.

Here's another picture from just behind the passenger headrest:
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2023, 04:30 AM   #21
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
+1. Although I'll freely admit I can't find room to bring spare fuel, but the rest does indeed fit if you take out the rear seat and seat-back. 3 tires vertically in the back seat, and 1 in the trunk!
Serious question and please forgive my ignorance. Why the spare fuel? I've been as far south as Charlotte NC and as far north as NY in my Camaro, are you implying there are places in the US that don't have 93?

Thanks

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:50 AM   #22
cdrptrks

It is more about convenience and fitting refueling into the track event schedule (unless you're running E85). I get about 5mpg on track so fuel normally lasts a little under 1 hour of track driving which means I have to make a lot of trips to a gas station. Some organizers only have 40 minutes between sessions and you will use most of that time to get fuel at a track like Harris Hill where the nearest Top Tier gas stations are 10 minutes away.

Also if your car is modified to the point of not being street legal then you can't drive on public roads to get to a gas station.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:51 AM   #23
N Camarolina

That's an intersting tire arrangement cdrptrks.

I put all 3 tires side by side, oriented like they are normally when mounted on the hubs (front to back). That allows you to not have to move the front seats forward (on the rails) or to tip the passenger seatback forward as you did. Of course to make this possible, you have remove the rear seat and seatback.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:17 PM   #24
cdrptrks

Is the road noise worse on the highway with the rear seat and seat back removed? It is already pretty annoying on some surfaces at highway speeds with the stock Supercar 3 tires with the rear seat and seat back in place.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:22 PM   #25
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have a half cage and rear seat delete no issues just as quiet as stock
Old 06-15-2023, 01:23 PM   #26
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Is the road noise worse on the highway with the rear seat and seat back removed? It is already pretty annoying on some surfaces at highway speeds with the stock Supercar 3 tires with the rear seat and seat back in place.
Fold down the rear seat and go for a drive, the noise level you'll hear should be mostly representative.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 11:06 PM   #27
N Camarolina

Quote:
The road noise is definitely increased with the SC3 tires on it and both the seat bottom and back removed. I've also just had the seat back flipped down with the seat bottom still installed (as a point of comparison), and can definitely confirm that the increased road noise is mostly due to the lack of seat bottom rather than the seat back. However, with the rear seat bottom and back removed, having stuff in back seat while driving to a track (tool tote, helmet box, or tires for that matter) definitely helps absorb some of the road noise to make it much more tollerable.

One huge plus of having the seat bottom removed is that the exhaust sounds AWSOME when the valves open up. It cures the problem so many have noted that the NPP exhaust sounds great outside the G6, but (unlike the mustang) is very difficult to hear from within the car. On the track, but especially on back roads (no helmet), when the RPM climbs and valves open, it sounds glorious! You can install the seat bottom and back (and remove again at will) quite easily, but I think I'll leave it out a while more because I'm loving the "new" exhaust sounds so much.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:41 PM   #28
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I'm going to agree with the other members however in a different way.

Yes there is more road feedback but I prefer it that way and enjoy it. My exhaust is amazing. I love the sound. I also appreciate the feedback as it gives me more input to adjust my driving accordingly for ever changing road conditions. I'm a bit of an enthusiast so even "boring" time spent on the freeway in between destinations is time for play. The world is my racetrack and the more feedback I hear from the diff, trans, tires, road and exhaust the more in tune I am with the car. I get into a zone in my Camaro. It's a state of nirvana for me even when I'm in full blown asshole mode. Nothing makes me happier than the intoxicating scream of the engine and NLS at 6k.

So yes with a back seat delete and no track day supplies in the back there is increased NVH and feedback but I wouldn't consider it a deterrent. I'd say 30% over non modified back seats. Unless you're the type who likes a super quiet ride and wants to have conversations with a passenger then possibly the feedback wouldn't be conducive to your ears. Which if that's you, I respect that and can understand.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote