Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 02-22-2023, 09:33 PM   #1
ACRobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Aftermarket Tail-light Dilemma

Hey y'all; so I installed VLAND's tail-lights since they're the closest looking thing to smoked out 2016-2018 OEM style I can find. Issue is that it has hyper flash if I brake while signaling.

So now I have to decide if I just want to deal with it or if I install Morimoto's 2019+ style tail-lights. Any opinions? I might bring it to a specialty shop to see if they can figure it out as well. I really do like the look and sequential amber turn signal.

VLAND:
https://a.co/d/d7kdtb5

Morimoto:
https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...lamp-morimoto/
Old 02-23-2023, 06:14 AM   #2
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
if you can find the oem smoked that is the best. it might take some looking but they are around. i know it took me almost a year of time before i found it. now if you want to try another i do like the corvette style smoked lights as a second option. that is just my thoughts though.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 07:53 AM   #3
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
I'm wondering if you may have not installed the resistor correctly. I'd take a look at willzilla's video and double check your wiring.

He has Umbra tails, but the VLAND tails look to have a similar resistor.

Might not be your issue, but worth a look. Reading some of the reviews, it seems others have had the same problem you're having. It could be a defect or it could be those folks also did not do the wiring correctly.

However, as ste6000 mentioned, your best bet is to find OEM tails
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 06:25 PM   #4
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
ACRobb, looks like someone is selling used corvette tails. i dont know them just passing it on since i saw it listed.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=613875

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 06:46 PM   #5
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRobb View Post
Hey y'all; so I installed VLAND's tail-lights since they're the closest looking thing to smoked out 2016-2018 OEM style I can find. Issue is that it has hyper flash if I brake while signaling.

So now I have to decide if I just want to deal with it or if I install Morimoto's 2019+ style tail-lights. Any opinions? I might bring it to a specialty shop to see if they can figure it out as well. I really do like the look and sequential amber turn signal.

VLAND:
https://a.co/d/d7kdtb5

Morimoto:
https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...lamp-morimoto/

Here is a note from the VLAND page, looks like a known issue/easy fix...

Note - Some model will need 10Ωresisters if turn signals hyperblinking when turning apply the brake. Please feel free to message us to get the resisters and add to the led tail lights according to installation manual on the listing page.
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote