Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
BeauRichardson

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tuning question, weird stuff

Does anyone know much about the increasing rate limit under engine - torque management - driver demand?

I have been trying to resolve an issue that keeps my car from doing a burnout. I disabled the increasing rate limit and tried a burnout and it lit them up like nothing. Go to a buddy's house, turn the car off for a few hours and on my way home i tried to do another one and nothing.

Here’s where it’s really interesting. Woke up this morning and tried to do another burnout, nothing.
So i reflashed it with the same tune that i had put on yesterday and it lit the tires up immediately.
So it’s like every time the car gets turned off, it resets that one specific setting
BeauRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:40 PM   #2
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
Most people turn off the traction control. The switch with the wavy tire marks.
Thats all I ever have to do with my RS.
PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:39 PM   #3
jlaudio11

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Are you trying to do burnout with traction control on? How much have you changed the factory tune?
'94 Camaro Z28 6mt cc306 cam, 4:10's, longtubes with x pipe, getting an engine rebuild
jlaudio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:47 PM   #4
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Hold the TC button down even after it says TC off. When it says ESC off after a few more seconds, then its all really off and you should be able to do a burnout.

If not, then trade in for FWD honda civic.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 09:17 PM   #5
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalLDMC View Post
Most people turn off the traction control. The switch with the wavy tire marks.
Thats all I ever have to do with my RS.
traction control and stabilitrack have been turned off in both of the instances. The confusion is tune related
Old 12-18-2022, 09:18 PM   #6
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio11 View Post
Are you trying to do burnout with traction control on? How much have you changed the factory tune?
cammed and procharged car so a pretty fair amount. the whole tune has been changed
Old 12-18-2022, 09:19 PM   #7
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Hold the TC button down even after it says TC off. When it says ESC off after a few more seconds, then its all really off and you should be able to do a burnout.

If not, then trade in for FWD honda civic.
in both of these instances TC and Stabilitrack have been turned off so the issue lies within the walls of hp tuners. What i’m aiming to understand is why after turning the car off it would revert that one specific setting to something else
Old 12-18-2022, 09:25 PM   #8
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauRichardson View Post
in both of these instances TC and Stabilitrack have been turned off so the issue lies within the walls of hp tuners. What i’m aiming to understand is why after turning the car off it would revert that one specific setting to something else
Are you trying to tune this car yourself? You need to seek a pro on this one. You shouldnt even be messing with that shit. If you are hitting TCM tq limits, then you need a trans tune and you need to let a pro do it.

Maybe post a log on the HPT forums and let someone look at it? Or pay the couple hundred to Ted or someone and get it looked at correctly.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:26 PM   #9
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Personally I'd like to see a log of whats happening in real time. Sounds like TCM stepping on the PCM telling it to close the throttle blade. My ZL1 does that in 1st at the track, but its because Im most likely hitting tq limits in the TCM. I dont have a trans tune yet.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:07 AM   #10
jlaudio11

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauRichardson View Post
cammed and procharged car so a pretty fair amount. the whole tune has been changed
Has it been this way since the cam and procharger? Have you been tuning it the whole time or someone else originally and now you're trying to make changes? Basically did you do it or are you trying to figure out what someone else did? Something like this happened at the very beginning of tuning my car, i dont remember what it was but i feel like it was a fat finger situation hit on accident. Have you looked at the brake torque limits? Are you trans tuned? the Hp tuners forum can be helpful. You're welcome to post the tune here to look at as well.
'94 Camaro Z28 6mt cc306 cam, 4:10's, longtubes with x pipe, getting an engine rebuild
jlaudio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 05:58 AM   #11
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Personally I'd like to see a log of whats happening in real time. Sounds like TCM stepping on the PCM telling it to close the throttle blade. My ZL1 does that in 1st at the track, but its because Im most likely hitting tq limits in the TCM. I dont have a trans tune yet.
message me your email and i’ll send a log over to you. Yes i’ve been tuning it, had a botched tune from a bad bad tuner and we’ve pretty much gone through and fixed most of his crap, still some stuff to polish up clearly lol. It does have a trans tune but like the rest of the original tune from him, it’s trash. for example, my car shifts at 5300. I’m not even into the power yet at 5300.
Old 12-20-2022, 06:07 AM   #12
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio11 View Post
Has it been this way since the cam and procharger? Have you been tuning it the whole time or someone else originally and now you're trying to make changes? Basically did you do it or are you trying to figure out what someone else did? Something like this happened at the very beginning of tuning my car, i dont remember what it was but i feel like it was a fat finger situation hit on accident. Have you looked at the brake torque limits? Are you trans tuned? the Hp tuners forum can be helpful. You're welcome to post the tune here to look at as well.
Well, long story short a buddy and i have been fixing a botched tune. We’ve put about 100-150 hp back into the car that was missing, and really this has been the only issue we haven’t been able to pinpoint. The trans has been tuned, but not by us. Still riding with the old tuners tune he put on it. As far as how long it’s been like this, not burning out, yes it’s been seen the original tuner. But yes we have made changes and taken a look at torque settings, driver demand settings, pretty much everything under torque management. message me your email and i’ll send the tune over.

What really doesn’t make sense to me is why when i flash a tune that disables “increasing rate limit”, it does a good burnout, but when i turn the car off then back on, it doesn’t. But when i reflash it, it does yet another burn out. It’s like every time i turn the car off i will have to reflash it to do a burnout. It’s like turning off my car cancels out my change to that one specific setting.

Tags
burnout, diagnostic, help me, tuning advice, weird