Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-04-2022, 12:02 AM   #1
brosmal1

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
C8 Stingray AFM simulators?

Has anyone tried these? Getting a horrible stuck motor noise and cel (P12F0) from the right side AFM valve, already ordered the range module but I’m pretty sure the code will persist due to startup checks, please correct me if I’m wrong.

https://www.phastekperformance.com/P...k-exhtsim2.htm
brosmal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:38 AM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosmal1 View Post
Has anyone tried these? Getting a horrible stuck motor noise and cel (P12F0) from the right side AFM valve, already ordered the range module but I’m pretty sure the code will persist due to startup checks, please correct me if I’m wrong.

https://www.phastekperformance.com/P...k-exhtsim2.htm
With all due respect, why ask on a 6th Gen Camaro forum about something ona C8 Corvette??? I'm sure there are a ton of C8 Vette forums...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #3
brosmal1

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
With all due respect, why ask on a 6th Gen Camaro forum about something ona C8 Corvette??? I'm sure there are a ton of C8 Vette forums...
Should have clarified better, I’m looking to use them on the Camaro and was wondering if anyone has tested the cross platform compatibility. I saw the EFI simulator thread from a while back but those are nowhere to be found anymore and I like the idea of simulating the entire system instead of having to leave the motors zip tied under the chassis.
brosmal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 10:33 AM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosmal1 View Post
Should have clarified better, I’m looking to use them on the Camaro and was wondering if anyone has tested the cross platform compatibility. I saw the EFI simulator thread from a while back but those are nowhere to be found anymore and I like the idea of simulating the entire system instead of having to leave the motors zip tied under the chassis.
Ah... Thanks for clarifying...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #5
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
i had this same issue and came across this, hope it helps. wondering if it isnt the AFM but actually the rattling from the NPP instead?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Rattle Type Noise Heard from Rear of Vehicle.pdf (133.5 KB, 111 views)

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue

Last edited by ste6000; 10-04-2022 at 01:11 PM.
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:04 PM   #6
brosmar1

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste6000 View Post
i had this same issue and came across this, hope it helps. wondering if it isnt the AFM but actually the rattling from the NPP instead?
I have rattle in the sound valves as well, but I’m planning on doing the leg cut fix as soon as the weather clears up. But as for the code and the motor noise I am pretty convinced that my issue is AFM related. Did you purchase these simulators? If so please write back how they works
brosmar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:51 PM   #7
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosmar1 View Post
I have rattle in the sound valves as well, but I’m planning on doing the leg cut fix as soon as the weather clears up. But as for the code and the motor noise I am pretty convinced that my issue is AFM related. Did you purchase these simulators? If so please write back how they works
no, i cut the npp like the instructions and i no longer had the rattle. when i had the rattle it happened in low RPMs like below 3000 at a cruising speed in the lower gears.. but when i put a little gas into it it would go away.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:32 AM   #8
brosmar1

Drives: 2021 2SS
Fixed the rattle in the sound valves, left side AFM motor is seized. It would kill me to have to buy a new one just to slap one of those simulator plates on, but if that's what it takes
brosmar1 is offline   Reply With Quote