Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-08-2022, 09:41 AM   #29
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
1. Alignment issues?
2. Tires balanced?
3. Flat spot(s)?
4. Inflation issues?

When I had a 2016 SS, noise and ride were worse on the stock tires than when I changed to non run flat all seasons. I can't see how going from summer run flats to all season run flats could be the issue.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:43 PM   #30
Sickstylemob

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1ss Mosaic Black
They did a 4 wheel alignment as well as mount and high speed balance . Yeah dunno
Sickstylemob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:45 PM   #31
Sickstylemob

Tires are Goodyear eat f1 asym 3 want the part # ?
Old 02-24-2022, 09:33 AM   #32
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickstylemob View Post
They did a 4 wheel alignment as well as mount and high speed balance . Yeah dunno
Perplexing problem.
When I search on this issue, one of the first things that comes up is cupped tread on tires. I'm gonna give brand new tires the benefit of the doubt on this theory.
That leaves alignment, since you had two things done at once (new tires + alignment). Can you get the computer printout of your alignment? For lack of a better idea I am wondering if they did your alignment wrong. if you could post the printout here, I bet a forum member could spot any obvious mistake.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:57 AM   #33
mRahmani

Drives: ‘23 SS 1LE
I doubt alignment would make a significant difference. Run flat tires ride like garbage, sounds like the Goodyear all season is just a rough riding tire.
mRahmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:22 AM   #34
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mRahmani View Post
I doubt alignment would make a significant difference. Run flat tires ride like garbage, sounds like the Goodyear all season is just a rough riding tire.
I'm speculating something might be horribly awry with the alignment.
As far as the tires, others have posted that the all-season run flats have a better ride than the summer-only run flats. That I would tend to believe.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 01:38 PM   #35
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
So my 2017ss finally needed new tires so I called my dealership and asked about getting a new set (,which they price matched So I ended up going with my dealership . So I got my car back and realized they put on GoodYear f1 All season compared to my old stock ones which were summer So I want to know what the big difference is ... because since they put them on I’ve felt almost every bump on the road I don’t like how it isn’t as smooth as it was before. which surprises me, because I was driving before with not that much tread left. So is it the tires aren’t as good ? Or is it something else?
I am an avid fan of the Eagle F1's especially for summer driving. I have the most experience on those tires.

I can say the F1 SC3's are solid. I haven't tried R888R's or Nittos yet so I can't say how they compare.

But as far as all season is concerned. Depends on the ride: If you have the 1LE package I know a lot of people swear by the Continental WS6 extreme contact for All Season, I personally only use all seasons if I have to drive in winter like this year, but I also have a spare set of Rims with my summer tires on them. So nothing for me to hawt swap.

Me personally I would never put all seasons on these cars in the summer. Hard rubber no give and take, gonna spin like crazy when you need to put the power down on the pavement the most.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | Roto-Fab CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LSA crankshaft conversion w/modified crank gear | LS1 thrust bearing | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | BTR Stage I Cam | ARP Rod Bolts | Delphi Lifter set | NGK LTR71X-11 spark plug set | DOD Delete | VVT Limiter | ECM, TCM & E85 | Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq | Best 1/4 Time: 11.639
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:14 PM   #36
Sickstylemob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I'm speculating something might be horribly awry with the alignment.
As far as the tires, others have posted that the all-season run flats have a better ride than the summer-only run flats. That I would tend to believe.
Yeah I can call up tomorrow to get the paper work. I just don’t enjoy driving because of this .
Old 09-06-2022, 12:43 AM   #37
Sickstylemob

What about it not balanced right ?
Old 09-06-2022, 06:17 AM   #38
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
What about it not balanced right ?
If a tire is not balanced right I would expect some kind of vibration rather than harshness over bumps/expansion joints etc.

When I had an improperly balanced tire (on a different car) it would vibrate at 50-60 mph but not below or above that range. It turned out there was an issue with my installer's machine.

With my Camaro with the OEM runflats the ride was harsh when there were imperfections in the road, there was no 'give'. When riding on perfectly smooth roads it was fine, but I learned to avoid certain lanes of certain roads because of how jarring expansion joints etc were. Once I switched to non-runflats (Conti DWS-06+) I found the ride was no more harsh than in my compact SUV. It was a revelation.

Maybe can you explain exactly what you mean about the ride being bad?
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote