#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-20-2022, 11:31 PM   #15
Spartant2112

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
That's a new one to me. When launch control is active it'll only activate with you pushing the throttle to the floor very fast with your foot on the brake. Of you do it any slower it'll not work. The car with buck around like you're on a bronco.

Does your car have any mods? Are you the original owner? And this is an M6 correct? If it is, I'm not familiar on how the M6 acts on shifts other than the no lift shift feature.
No, It's the A10. Sport and Track mode do this. It'll limit it to 1500 rpms. I'm not the original owner and the car has a CAI on it so I don't know if it's been tuned and maybe programed this way. If I partly press the brakes then it'll rev higher and I'll start spinning traditionally, but since the brakes aren't engaged all the way the car will move forward. It'll move to the point that the 0-60 timer will count it as me going and start counting down. But if I got the brake all the way down the limit will kick in.
Spartant2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 11:36 PM   #16
Spartant2112

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
In the A10 during the 1-2 shift at WOT, the engine will cut spark and fuel to momentarily reduce torque instead of closing the throttle plate. When the trans has completed the shift to 2, the mojo comes back on, you hear the exhaust crack and you get a kick in the kidneys as the engine gives you its full 650 ft-lbs almost instantly because the throttle stayed open and blower never slowed down.
That is exactly what happens. When it shifts to second it's more intense than the actual start off the line. Can I stop this from happening or maybe reduce it? I've had it not do this once or twice and that was my fastest 0-60 at around 3.8. But now it's around 4.8/9 seconds. Maybe it's just the tires because the best times I got was when I got fresh set of Extreme Contact tires put on. Now a few thousand miles have been driven.
Spartant2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:06 AM   #17
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartant2112 View Post
No, It's the A10. Sport and Track mode do this. It'll limit it to 1500 rpms. I'm not the original owner and the car has a CAI on it so I don't know if it's been tuned and maybe programed this way. If I partly press the brakes then it'll rev higher and I'll start spinning traditionally, but since the brakes aren't engaged all the way the car will move forward. It'll move to the point that the 0-60 timer will count it as me going and start counting down. But if I got the brake all the way down the limit will kick in.
I wonder if it has a 2 step or different launch control attached to it.

Maybe those that have gone aftermarket on the launch control can chime in.

The only way to can fix any shifting in the A10 will be with a trans tune.... if you're an 2017 or 2018 car, anyone can do it. 2019 and up, you can't unless you want to afford like $1200 or more on a TCM that can be programmed.....
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 09:01 AM   #18
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
I never use it. I just go old school, rollout and keep it at the edge of grip with the accelerator. I seem to get 3.7-3.8 0-60mph on the built-in timer on the street. I will need a grippier tire and prepped surface if I want to get those 3.4-3.5s you see in the magazines.
On my last run this spring, it did 3.15 on Toyo R888R. I never really think about 0-60, just 60 ft.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launch control, power loss, traction control