#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2022, 12:43 PM   #57
MikeEM1

Drives: Tracks: 18' ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
I spoke to Mike (was that you?) about getting one but wanted to see the installation instructions first, they wouldn't do it which was very off putting. They are here locally to me so I may stop by one say. Pretty speedy though I must say.
The owner's name is Mike also, so I'm sure you spoke with him. I don't work there, but definitely go there if you can and have them install it.
Reference my pics if you want that same setup. He had my car for a week to do it. There's still some small improvements to be made, but I'm very happy with the product.
One day when I have extra time, I will do the string and tape method and get a GoPro under there to see how much function is happening.
AWE Track w/PLP
APR GTC300 wing / Singular Endplates
ASC Splitter / PA tunnels
MFR Engineering Custom Diffuser
Race Louvers Fender Vents
APEX SM10 & ARC8

For sale: 2018 OEM ZL1 1LE Wing

12' Nissan GT-R SOLD
MikeEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:03 PM   #58
Mac7504

Drives: 2003 Monte Carlo SS SLP, 2022 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEM1 View Post
The owner's name is Mike also, so I'm sure you spoke with him. I don't work there, but definitely go there if you can and have them install it.
Reference my pics if you want that same setup. He had my car for a week to do it. There's still some small improvements to be made, but I'm very happy with the product.
One day when I have extra time, I will do the string and tape method and get a GoPro under there to see how much function is happening.
Ahhh gotcha, thanks.

I'd love to see that. I couldn't tell off my phone but are u running stock or aftermarket exhaust? I understand there are different variants for each.
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:37 PM   #59
Corbs09

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
I spoke to Mike (was that you?) about getting one but wanted to see the installation instructions first, they wouldn't do it which was very off putting. They are here locally to me so I may stop by one say. Pretty speedy though I must say.
Keep me posted, I would be willing to buy one if pricing is somewhat reasonable.
Corbs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:41 PM   #60
Mac7504

Drives: 2003 Monte Carlo SS SLP, 2022 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbs09 View Post
Keep me posted, I would be willing to buy one if pricing is somewhat reasonable.
I'll let you make that determination.

https://mfrengineering.com/collectio...-rear-diffuser
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 02:55 PM   #61
Corbs09

Not terrible, but definitely not cheap maybe that will be on the next round of mods.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:33 PM   #62
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
i still dont see the point. the car doesnt have a flat bottom so all the air thats going under the car is still going to go up and on top of the diffuser and get trapped in the bumper. some will stay down and get used but your just adding to your parachute like adding a rear snow plow to hang lower and scoop up even more air for the bumper.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #63
Driv200

Drives: 2022 C8 Z51
Hey guys,

Love the thread. The ZL1 1LE has been a cad that has eluded me as I have been tracking other projects and never had a ZLE. 20+ years tracking hard b/c I enjoy it. Some NASA wins central region in my track prepped EVO IX RS.

Questions: (I’m shopping and can finally get my first 1LE project)
* is a 600HP NA SS 1LE better option than ZLE for track use? There is a new one for sale with this quoted engine package.

* Does any ZLE need an ice box to prevent heat soak?

* Does the Exorcist 1000HP in ZLE trim have any place on track?
2022 Corvette C8 Z51 with mods
2024 = Always come back to ZLE. Actively Looking.
Driv200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:11 PM   #64
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv200 View Post
Hey guys,

Love the thread. The ZL1 1LE has been a cad that has eluded me as I have been tracking other projects and never had a ZLE. 20+ years tracking hard b/c I enjoy it. Some NASA wins central region in my track prepped EVO IX RS.

Questions: (I’m shopping and can finally get my first 1LE project)
* is a 600HP NA SS 1LE better option than ZLE for track use? There is a new one for sale with this quoted engine package.

Answer>> Maybe yes, maybe no. Depends on your goals and style of driving. A 600 HP SS may have other mods like aero and suspension that already come with the ZLE package... so hard to say.

* Does any ZLE need an ice box to prevent heat soak?

Answer>> In stock form no, on warm CA days my ZLE hits the same top speed (~160) at the end of the front straight at Auto Club Speedway lap after lap.

* Does the Exorcist 1000HP in ZLE trim have any place on track?
Answer>> In my opinion, NO. If I was going to build a track focused ZLE I would go with a proven track shop like Katech etc, Magnuson 2650 package and maybe 750-800 WHP max on E85 to keep heat down. Maybe later add some MCS 3-ways or Ohlins TTX (GT4.R) and a bigger rear wing.

800 WHP will allow you to keep up with McLaren 765s on straights, there is no point to more power for high level road course work.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:40 PM   #65
Driv200

Drives: 2022 C8 Z51
Thanks for reply. Agree with dedicated track build. Since my car is duel purpose, I am looking at $50k for 600HP SS 1LE or $75k for stock ZLE.

What about heat soak on stock ZLE set up?
2022 Corvette C8 Z51 with mods
2024 = Always come back to ZLE. Actively Looking.
Driv200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:22 AM   #66
BROCKgoFAST

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Thanks for reply. Agree with dedicated track build. Since my car is duel purpose, I am looking at $50k for 600HP SS 1LE or $75k for stock ZLE.

Keep it relatively stock and the ZLE wont have the heat soak issues. hey start to have issues when you up the PSI on the supercharger since its working harder.
BROCKgoFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:59 AM   #67
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:

I think the stock ZLE car needs nothing if you track, and you have a warranty. Even match to GT3s in my experience except in some drag race sections of the track (they have more gears with the PDK).

I added an intercooler tank more to make sure there is no air in the system. The air can expand and cause cavitation, which shuts down the coolant pump. The car is otherwise fine even in 100F+ air temps. NA cars make less power then too, so its a wash to me.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:53 PM   #68
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
I think the stock ZLE car needs nothing if you track, and you have a warranty. Even match to GT3s in my experience except in some drag race sections of the track (they have more gears with the PDK).

I added an intercooler tank more to make sure there is no air in the system. The air can expand and cause cavitation, which shuts down the coolant pump. The car is otherwise fine even in 100F+ air temps. NA cars make less power then too, so its a wash to me.
I agree with this, my experience also (except intercooler tank, I don't have that)

What are symptoms of having some air in system? I have never bled the system on my 2018 ZLE.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:51 AM   #69
Corbs09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
I agree with this, my experience also (except intercooler tank, I don't have that)

What are symptoms of having some air in system? I have never bled the system on my 2018 ZLE.
Extreme heat/heat soak