Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-27-2022, 08:56 PM   #57
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher2050 View Post
I want to start off by saying I am not a paint expert or detail expert. I have painted a few cars in my days and I have detailed every one of my cars, family cars and friends. With that out of the way..

I recently bought 2018 Camaro 2ss Silver Ice Metallic and couldn't wait for Spring so I could get her cleaned up, washed, and waxed. I started investigating Ceramic Coating as an option because I felt the shine is far superior.

Since I have never clayed a car before I investigated options for several months. I also did quit bit of ceramic coating research. The one term that kept coming up and used indiscriminately, "Color Correction & Paint Correct". So I started reading more about this Term.

I then read somewhere maybe here in the forums, someone spent $4000+ to have "Color Correction & Paint Correction, plus Ceramic Coating done. I thought WTH ?? no way and no way ?

My first thought...why do they keep using the terms "Color Correction & Paint Correct" ?? I don't buy it, not true and how are they "Correcting the Paint".

The typical automotive paint system on the car surface has a total of 4 layers. The layers consist of e-coat, the primer, the basecoat, and finally, the clear coat. So, unless your clear coat is "gone" you are NOT changing or correcting Paint color. When they say this...the only coat that is getting "Corrected" is the Clear Coat. IF your paint needs "recolored or corrected, that means...Sanding, primer, repaint, clear coat.

These Buzz Words are false.

I know I'm going to catch crap about this post, but I dont buy the term and that is not what is happening...Change my mind ?

Please keep it civil and this is a discussion !
clear is a color...you just cant see it until it gets minute scratches in it and the clearcoat needs correcting.but 4k...must have been some rich guy to pay that.so did you ceramic coat it,and was it better than waxing with synthetic wax after correcting the clear coat?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:20 PM   #58
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Do you complain this much when you put gas in your car. Its not gas. its petroleum. How about eating Jumbo shrimp, or driving on a parkway and parking on a driveway? Not technically correct terms but most people don't get wrapped around the axles about it ... Just saying
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:32 AM   #59
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Can we at least all agree that it is spelled Camaro and not Camero?

Comera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:21 AM   #60
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Comera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 04:56 PM   #61
PhotoGuy

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS .. chevy silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaRow View Post
actually my issue isn't the terminology its the price and the ceramic itself.

1 most people have this done to brand new cars. obviously there isn't much work to be done on brand new paint.

2.they clay it maybe polish a bit and then it literally take about 5 mins to put ceramic on a car. most of these people are "correcting paint" on new cars that require very little work turning it over in a day and charging outrageous amounts for using about 100 dollars worth of product.

3. Have worked years with automotive paint. I paint machines for trade shows that have to be mirror perfect and I can tell you what these "detail shops" do is not Paint correction. If anything a more accurate term would be clear coat cleaning. Because all they are really doing is making sure the surface is clean so the snake oil ceramic will stick.

Paint correction, ceramic, graphene ... all just marketing buzz words until the next buzz worthy thing comes along ( moon dust maybe lol). Honestly any synthetic wax like Maguires NXT or the like or even Nu Finish will accomplish the same thing for a 20 dollar bottle. Hell if you can find it Liquid glass in the tin can ( ask your grandfather) they been selling for 40 plus years will make any "ceramic" coat look like a cheap wall mart product.

When you pay for different tiers of ceramic all you are really paying for is how many times they are willing to recoat it with the same 50 dollar bottle. The more you pay the more times they will recoat it over the period of the "warranty". paying more does not get you a better product or a longer lasting product all its buying it a reapplication "warranty". I have many friends in the detail business. Trust me save your money and just put on a good synthetic wax. 2, 3 or even 4K is better spend elsewhere.
There is alot of Bad paint on brand new cars and trucks ..... not anything that could be rejected and force a repaint or a factory claim but if your fussy and like a nice looking vehicle taking your vehicle to a detail shop to have the paint corrected is a valid solution ... I can go to any new car lot and point out to anyone the imperfections of Chevy Ford or Dodge vehicles but you have to look for it not just glance and see new car .... Would love to have the option on ordering a new vehicle to pay for more color layers and 3-4 layers of clear coat on top well worth the money ...... Mine went from the dealer to have the paint corrected ..... PPF Film installed and ceramic coated yes im very fussy ...... But i have been around custom cars and Car Shows for over 40 years and know no factory paint job will ever come close to a paint job from a reputable Custom paint shop you couldnt afford that new car if you put a proper paint job on it with multiple layers of colour and mulitple layers of clear..... thats why super cars cost what they do ... workmanship ( metal and mechanical work ) and quality paint

Last edited by PhotoGuy; 03-28-2022 at 05:20 PM.
PhotoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 05:11 PM   #62
PhotoGuy

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS .. chevy silverado
Think we just have a bunch of people fighting about WORDING and nothing else just to prove they are right because it makes them feel better about themselves ...... Paint correction or Colour correction or clear coat correction ... your doing the same correcting the finish of the painted surface thats all it is .... who cares what its called ...... it works and yes some factory paint jobs are better then others .... seen 3 new blue camaros of the same year on a dealers lot and 1 had a near perfect paint job and the other 2 you can see close up and looking hard the many imperfections on the finish ...... will Joe public notice ... probably not thats why its a sensitive subject .... some people can see imperfections better then others ..... thats why some see the value of doing correcting and some dont
PhotoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote