Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2022, 04:51 PM   #15
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by crab View Post
What are you controller settings? Thx
I use Comfort 5 (range is from 1-10 in each mode) setting, which is more aggressive than stock, but still very smooth. I occasionally put it in Sport 5 if I want it to really be aggressive.
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:40 AM   #16
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
just curious as i dont have one, but how are you guys putting larger TB's or ported ones on the cars and not port matching the intake or SC? not saying that'll make the car run bad but your air flow must be horrible!
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:05 AM   #17
crucible

Drives: 1972 Chevy Nova, LT4, Maggie 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by semif18 View Post
I tried Ported TBs and while initially I thought they were great I ended up with check engine lights in every case.......I finally went back to a stock TB, green filter and a Soler Performance Throttle Controller and the car is an absolute blast to drive! Way better than stock. Absolutely perfect throttle performance at every rpm and the controller is the most amazing piece of tech you can get for $100.......absolutely changes the character of the car, which you totally control. I was not a believer in Throttle Controllers, thought they were just fake news, but holy lord is it awesome.
I felt the same and tried one on my new 4Runner (gutless from the factory) and it makes a world of difference with drivability, shift points, MUCH better.
crucible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:37 AM   #18
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
From What I've read, the Tony Mamo TB's were reliable, not much mention of CEL's at all.
I have the Tony Mamo V2 throttle body and Soler Performance throttle controller on mine and have 0 CEL or codes from either....