Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2022, 05:14 PM   #1
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
It looks like I’ll be losing my 2SS

Because I put in an order for a Wild Cherry ZL1.

Almost got it today, but someone beat me to the punch by about a half hour. When I was filling out the deposit paperwork to hold it until I got there, someone else grabbed it.

No markup, so I can’t blame them.

I love the A10 in my SS, but I think the ZL1 needs a 6 speed. I never drive in traffic, it’s all highway miles. No 1LE, just an upgrade sound system and a CF hood insert because I like the way it looks.

Not my pic, just a stock photo.

BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:33 PM   #2
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Very nice! I know you're going to enjoy it
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:55 PM   #3
BLACK21SS

I know I will. I wanted the ZL1 when I first decided on a Camaro back in February of last year. I just couldn’t find one relatively close.

I’ve had a blast with the SS. It’s a fun car.

It’s been the proverbial Angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other for a year. Today, the Angel won.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:35 PM   #4
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I hope it wasn't mine that you were trying to snag (Grapevine Texas). I put the order in back in December. It arrived yesterday at the dealership's and I was there at 10am this morning to pick it up. Pics While I was there, I had to take a meeting, and took it in my trade-in (finance guy couldn't get me in and out in time). While there I saw at least 3-4 people hovering around it. I really felt like putting a "Sold" sign on it, lol. I am 100% sure that I picked the right color as it looks unassuming in the shade, but really pops in the sunlight (and we had a lot of sunlight today). Good luck with your order!
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 07:02 PM   #5
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
Congrats! It’ll be worth the wait I’m sure.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:03 PM   #6
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The ZL1 is a nice upgrade from the SS you had. I made the decision to upgrade to a very low mileage used 2017 ZL1 from a 2016 2SS back in March 2019 and have no regrets! It’s a different beast as compared to the SS and you will enjoy it more.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:21 PM   #7
BLACK21SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I hope it wasn't mine that you were trying to snag (Grapevine Texas). I put the order in back in December. It arrived yesterday at the dealership's and I was there at 10am this morning to pick it up. Pics While I was there, I had to take a meeting, and took it in my trade-in (finance guy couldn't get me in and out in time). While there I saw at least 3-4 people hovering around it. I really felt like putting a "Sold" sign on it, lol. I am 100% sure that I picked the right color as it looks unassuming in the shade, but really pops in the sunlight (and we had a lot of sunlight today). Good luck with your order!
That was it! They told me it was available and not an order. Thanks for the explanation. It seems I’ll need to be on my toes when mine comes in. Here’s a pic that was sent to me of your car.

You ordered exactly what I’ve been wanting. Small world and congrats.

image uploading site
Old 02-11-2022, 08:01 PM   #8
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK21SS View Post
That was it! They told me it was available and not an order. Thanks for the explanation. It seems I’ll need to be on my toes when mine comes in. Here’s a pic that was sent to me of your car.

You ordered exactly what I’ve been wanting. Small world and congrats.

image uploading site
lol, sorry I hate that they did that to you, unless you were that guy in the Mustang Mach 1 that was pointing at it while he was looking at used Corvettes (I kid I kid!). That guy went to look at it, a few salesmen went to look at it, and a couple with their son were looking at it. It's funny because I actually did ask the salesman to keep it away from everyone. He actually thought about putting it in the showroom floor, but I jokingly asked him to keep it stored in the back. I'm guessing they are ok with the extra traffic as their sales people need contact information. Good luck with your order, and if you decide that you'd rather get a different combination than mine, I won't be mad.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 09:31 PM   #9
BLACK21SS

You did it right. I hope my big butt fits in the Recaro.