Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #15
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Damn beautiful 1JEWLDSSRS . Can't wait to do mine!
Old 12-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #16
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrz187 View Post
So you just got seat covers? like the seat cover you can buy at AutoZone or did you get your seat reupholster with new covers. I ask because I contacted Katzkin and my cost was under 2k for new seat covers to replace my cloth seats. looks amazing.
No, these are reupholstered, not the type to put over existing seat covers. Katzkin has different grades of covers with various levels leather vs vinyl.
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 04:15 PM   #17
km9v

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Our dealership uses these when a customer buys a non LT or lower trim vehicle but wants leather seats. The quality appears very nice from the ones I've seen done here. Were they able to transfer the heating elements and the passenger presence sensor to the new covers?
Yes.
Old 12-21-2021, 05:05 PM   #18
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
Damn beautiful 1JEWLDSSRS . Can't wait to do mine!
Yea thanks joe!! I have to take some new pics of the interior, after a detail of the leather and all. I have also installed some CF panels on the upper side portions of the console too. Also in case you want to know, I use the McGuires gold class rich leather conditioner/cleaner on the leather, it smells nice too!! Does a great job. Yea when you get yours done you will be impressed with it. My front seats are full leather, front side and back side, and the leather is much thicker than the stock material like mentioned above GM calls leather!! lol. My buds have the GM leather and it's all worn out, pretty thin stuff..
Old 12-22-2021, 06:04 AM   #19
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Ive been thinking of doing this for a while now. My 2010 seats are still in pretty great shape but definitely starting to show some age. I also think adding a little red inside to break up the black would help tie my whole look together. ive been watching videos bc i may actually tackle the install myself instead of paying someone.
Oh, and 1JewldSSRS, i dont think ive ever seen your interior. i should have figured the attention to detail would be just as nice as the exterior. Well done sir!

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:58 AM   #20
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Ive been thinking of doing this for a while now. My 2010 seats are still in pretty great shape but definitely starting to show some age. I also think adding a little red inside to break up the black would help tie my whole look together. ive been watching videos bc i may actually tackle the install myself instead of paying someone.
Oh, and 1JewldSSRS, i dont think ive ever seen your interior. i should have figured the attention to detail would be just as nice as the exterior. Well done sir!
Arogg, thanks sir for the kind words!! Much appreciated sir. Yea I figured if I went so far on the exterior that I really need to go the distance on the interior, but not to the point where it ends up TOO MUCH, and ruins a good thing. But yea, it turned out pretty nice, gotta say. Thanks. Also if you go the Katzkins leather on their website to configure your scheme, stitching, piping, center seat pieces, side pieces, there are a few different colors of red you can pick from. I used the "medium" red, I think to get as close to the RJT of the interior, or it might have been "brick red", can't remember. Just saying there are different choices of red. Good luck, you will love them if you do!!
Old 12-22-2021, 11:37 AM   #21
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by km9v View Post
The seat covers are leather steating surfaces, the back and sides vinyl. They were ~$1300, custom embroidery was $45. Katskin won't do the SS logo. Installation $650. All together, $2280.
I assume the custom embroidery you mention is the SS headrest logo. If so who did it?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:31 PM   #22
km9v

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
I assume the custom embroidery you mention is the SS headrest logo. If so who did it?
The local upholstery shop who did the install.
Old 12-22-2021, 01:00 PM   #23
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by km9v View Post
The local upholstery shop who did the install.
$45 was a very good price. Was getting upgraded/softer seat cushions from either Katzkins or the upholster an option ?
Old 12-22-2021, 06:13 PM   #24
1JEWLDSSRS

When my shop did mine, he said he had to put a little "extra" padding in my seats since they were cloth. Not sure why, but he did. They fill out nicely though, can't even tell anyone sits in them. lol.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:39 PM   #25
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
When my shop did mine, he said he had to put a little "extra" padding in my seats since they were cloth. Not sure why, but he did. They fill out nicely though, can't even tell anyone sits in them. lol.
Interesting. Wonder if eom cushions are different between cloth & leather seats?
Old 12-22-2021, 09:35 PM   #26
km9v

Quote:
$45 was a very good price. Was getting upgraded/softer seat cushions from either Katzkins or the upholster an option ?
Seat cushions weren't discussed. I think Katzkins only offers the seat covers. I guess an upholsterer could handle the cushion part.

Katzkins does offer a few different grades of leather depending on color.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:16 AM   #27
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Interesting. Wonder if eom cushions are different between cloth & leather seats?
Not sure, could very well be, he didn't elaborate on that. He has a Callaway Camaro that he did the interior on as well, had leather from the factory, and he did it in the Synergy green, so not sure why he had to add some cushion, but they sure are comfy on long trips!! lol.