Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-18-2021, 05:51 PM   #225
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
There were some posts and discussions in the C8 forum about a slight redesign of the center console in the C8 which would remove the angled row. This was a while ago. The pics showed it laying flat which would also work. It’s very functional as it is but isn’t a reason to avoid the car. It was my least favorite part of the design though. However, no one who rode in my C8 said anything about it.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 06:06 PM   #226
ZL1plumbin

Drives: ZL1 1LE on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
There were some posts and discussions in the C8 forum about a slight redesign of the center console in the C8 which would remove the angled row. This was a while ago. The pics showed it laying flat which would also work. It’s very functional as it is but isn’t a reason to avoid the car. It was my least favorite part of the design though. However, no one who rode in my C8 said anything about it.
I would hands down still buy a C8 Z06, goofy button stack or not. IMO the new Z loaded carbon package 2 really churched up the interior.
ZL1plumbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 06:32 PM   #227
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
The wall between the driver and passenger is arguably rhe worst feature of the car. They really need to redesign that.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:12 PM   #228
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy96 View Post
At the price of the new Z06, I would seriously be considering a GT3. That being said, I really don’t think most Vette guys are going to like the lack of low rpm torque this car is going to have. You are really going to have to rev it to get the power. I’d imagine within a year or so of release, there will be plenty of these for sale on the used market. Just my opinion.
Big difference in MSRP between base C8 Z06 and base 992 GT3, like about $70k.

You also have to rev the GT3 to get in the power band it goes to 9000–higher than Z06. It’s not hard to rev it, just move your foot a little and it’s there in a blink, it’s the most enjoyable thing about any high revving car not a negative. Have you driven an 8k+ RPM sports car on a track?
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:36 PM   #229
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Yeah, the center tunnel is like the back bone. Not the single row of buttons in the dash trim that Hawk tried to claim was critical to the rigidity of the car. That's laughable that a dash trim piece would contribute to the rigidity of a car's structure, and hawk tried to claim that.
I didn’t quite get that from what hawk02 said. I got that he was saying the tunnel under the button panel is still there dividing the cockpit and that it could not be changed. In that he is correct. The buttons are where they are because that’s how the interior designers chose to use that real estate, recognizing that there is a big structural wall between driver and passenger and it ain’t goin’ nowhere.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 02:06 AM   #230
ZL1plumbin

Drives: ZL1 1LE on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Big difference in MSRP between base C8 Z06 and base 992 GT3, like about $70k.

You also have to rev the GT3 to get in the power band it goes to 9000–higher than Z06. It’s not hard to rev it, just move your foot a little and it’s there in a blink, it’s the most enjoyable thing about any high revving car not a negative. Have you driven an 8k+ RPM sports car on a track?
Even in loaded form (assuming loaded Z06 $140-150k range) the Gt3 is still about $50-70k more. About the same as going from a loaded ZLE to the new Z06.
ZL1plumbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:23 AM   #231
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: '23 CT5-V BW, '21 Corvette HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
The wall between the driver and passenger is arguably rhe worst feature of the car. They really need to redesign that.
I wouldn't call it the worst feature but it certainly is in my top three. It definitely has some significant ergonomic weaknesses.

Nine out of ten times my wife will activate one or more buttons either with her hand or elbow when she gets in the passenger seat.

The little round lights on the buttons are a joke. You can't tell if there on or off in the sunlight - especially frustrating when you have the convertible top down. I find myself constantly cupping my hands over a button to see if it's lit up. And yes I know I could just look at the the touch screen.

After nine months of ownership, I've gotten use to the wall of buttons so it doesn't bug as much as it did in the beginning. I can't say the same about the DCT.
Old 11-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #232
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I wouldn't call it the worst feature but it certainly is in my top three. It definitely has some significant ergonomic weaknesses.

Nine out of ten times my wife will activate one or more buttons either with her hand or elbow when she gets in the passenger seat.

The little round lights on the buttons are a joke. You can't tell if there on or off in the sunlight - especially frustrating when you have the convertible top down. I find myself constantly cupping my hands over a button to see if it's lit up. And yes I know I could just look at the the touch screen.

After nine months of ownership, I've gotten use to the wall of buttons so it doesn't bug as much as it did in the beginning. I can't say the same about the DCT.
It was the worst feature for me but I knew that going into it. I just never really got to accept that wall. I'd be willing to bet that will be redesigned in a few years and will be flattened out. The second worst feature in my opinion is not being able to hear the exhaust. Its amazing how quiet those cars are in the cabin. The stock exhaust on the Z51 isn't that quiet but you sure can't hear hardly any of it in the cabin. We installed an AWE touring exhaust on ours just for that reason to get a little more volume.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:59 AM   #233
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: '23 CT5-V BW, '21 Corvette HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
It was the worst feature for me but I knew that going into it. I just never really got to accept that wall. I'd be willing to bet that will be redesigned in a few years and will be flattened out. The second worst feature in my opinion is not being able to hear the exhaust. Its amazing how quiet those cars are in the cabin. The stock exhaust on the Z51 isn't that quiet but you sure can't hear hardly any of it in the cabin. We installed an AWE touring exhaust on ours just for that reason to get a little more volume.
The exhaust sound being a bit more audible is one advantage of the convertible.

The other day I was driving around with the top up as is normal in Ohio in November. It was warm enough that I was able to lower the rear window and still be comfortable. I was able to hear the NPP exhaust loud and clear and it sounded really good to my ears.
Old 11-19-2021, 10:38 PM   #234
JPC

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
460tq in 3600+lbs....hmmmmmmmmmm
JPC is offline   Reply With Quote