Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-15-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
s.hammer

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Dealership survey

Quick question, hoping someone has the answer. Is there a way to get a dealer customer satisfaction survey directly from GM?
s.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:36 PM   #2
DylansZLE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZLE
They are sent to your email from GM, you may receive a survey from the dealership that is not the CSI survey before the CSI survey from GM
TPW - August 30
3300 - August 21 // 3400 - August 21
3800 10/18 // 4150 Oct 22
6000 November 1st
Instagram: dylanszle
DylansZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
GM Dealer here. They are ONLY sent from GM. They highly, highly regulate them too. There's no dealer intervention whatsoever on those surveys and filling out a bad survey flags a LOT of people at GM and a district manager will pay the principal or General Manager a visit. Be careful unless they REALLY messed something up. If you had a really negative experience, I would suggest you try calling and tell them you want to speak with the General Manager or General Sales Manager. If they can't work anything out, then I guess have at it.

If you have something positive to say, all 10s is the way to go. Anything less is actually not high enough to meet the outlandish CSI goal GM sets for us.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:16 PM   #4
s.hammer

Experience was pretty bad and the purchase was over a week ago so I was surprised not to have the survey yet. I believe I did the survey for my ZL1 1LE at the dealership. Thank you for your help.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:17 PM   #5
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.hammer View Post
Experience was pretty bad and the purchase was over a week ago so I was surprised not to have the survey yet. I believe I did the survey for my ZL1 1LE at the dealership. Thank you for your help.
The surveys typically go out within 7-10 days from when the Dealer reports the sale to GM, which they don't always do the same or next day. Some managers do it all on a Friday for example. Unless they mistyped your email, you should get one shortly.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:29 AM   #6
super_sxxy322

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.hammer View Post
If it was that bad, they probably used a fake e-mail with the RDR so you'll never get it...
super_sxxy322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #7
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I had a sales girl tell me anything less than "10" reflects on them even when it's the business office that you rate poorly. Too I've used the dealer survey to get past a few dollars sticking point in negotiations..."you tint the car and I promise 10's across the board on your survey", that sort of thing.

I know that the don't like reviews on dealer rater...got a call about that one but it was all true.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:34 AM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I had a great experience with the dealer I found and bought from. I flew 500-miles to get this car. I was up front, prompt with what I said I'd do, and they went right along. It wasn't until I arrived to pay/pick-up the car that I learned they never sold a car on-line like they had for me. The whole purchase experience was great. Except...

My car came with dealer-installed locking lug nuts. After I got home a day or so later, I went to pull off one of the front wheels (to check-out the HUGE brakes and stuff) and the lock was hand-tight. My wife and I drove 500-miles with loose lug nuts (I checked the other 3, and they were all loose, too). I complained to my sales reps' about the safety-aspect and that I worried my brakes could have warped, too (there's a long down-hill grade that goes on for tens of miles that you have to drag your brakes on). They were quite receptive. They didn't know, but I already completed the survey with highest ratings, but they must have known about the survey, and it must have been significant, because they offered me to choose a "gift" from the accessory catalog. They approved and (even though getting my "gift" wasn't a smooth process...) I got my "gift" for my troubles (they also left the spring spacers in, which I didn't actually mind too much about).

Point is: it seems these surveys are important. Were I you, I'd give them an opportunity to try to make things right, if you're still open to that. If they don't care, blast them, lol. I hate to say it, but sometimes that's the way it is. I always try to offer the benefit of doubt, but it doesn't always work out.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #9
s.hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_sxxy322 View Post
If it was that bad, they probably used a fake e-mail with the RDR so you'll never get it...
That is exactly what I am thinking...
Old 11-16-2021, 03:46 PM   #10
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
I had a sales girl tell me anything less than "10" reflects on them even when it's the business office that you rate poorly. Too I've used the dealer survey to get past a few dollars sticking point in negotiations..."you tint the car and I promise 10's across the board on your survey", that sort of thing.

I know that the don't like reviews on dealer rater...got a call about that one but it was all true.
Same experience, dealearships ask me to either rate them at 10 across the board if I agree, and if not, let's meet and discuss the issue before I return the survey, they will make it right one way or another.

This means the survey is basically binary (10=pass, 1-9=fail) and meaningless, but that is the corporate world.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #11
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
I had the General Manager call me after a mediocre review of a car purchase at a Chevrolet dealership. Asked my reasoning. Simply explained the car was not as advertised upon arrival after numerous and repetitive questions that must of fell on deaf ears of the Manager and salesman I spoke to. Played victim with me and said the review wouldn't sit well with corporate at years end...

No apologies to me for poor experience or no attempt to make anything right on my end.

Just worried about himself.
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:25 PM   #12
Can'tHave2MuchHP

You're all on the right track. GM is buying all the garbage that JD Power sells them on customer satisfaction. They push that down to the dealer level. They give dealers RIDICULOUS CSI score requirements, 10 out of 10 is mandatory. As said above, 10 = pass, 1-9 = fail. They then tie a huge amount of our factory payouts to these CSI requirements. Even if a dealer truly wow'ed a customer, chances are something wasn't 10 out of 10. The surveys are confusing, they're long, and they do not accurately gauge the job that the dealer did nor the customers satisfaction. For example, 7-8 is "Outstanding" and 9-10 is "truly exceptional"...Okay, if I'm giving a review, I think outstanding is pretty damn good! A customer should be perfectly happy and be able to give 8s and 9s across the board and have it not PUNISH the dealership. But currently, it does.

It's just a number on the objective board and many dealers resort to bribing or "gifting" etc. to get the 100% survey. So, the manufacturer wants to be the brand with the highest customer satisfaction; meanwhile, they make the requirements so unrealistic that dealers have to buy the satisfaction and therefore the CSI score of GM customers is just fake. I also operate Stellantis dealerships and it is the same way. It's all a bunch of corporate America BS. Truly not the dealers fault.

The payout amount is very large and is often the difference between a dealer being profitable or not. If they're a low volume dealership, an awful survey can screw them for a month or two.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:32 PM   #13
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
funny to read all this. I worked for circuit city back in the late 90's as a sales manager. they were called "kick outs" there. it was a pass fail. no middle ground. when one would print, we all prayed it was all 5's.... anything less was a call from district..

not much changes in the corporate world....
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:33 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It's funny you almost make it sound like they're trying to buy good reviews. I kinda' see that, since you put it that way. I almost felt like they were trying to buy me after the sale. On principle - I don't like that. I go to the dealership to buy a car. If they don't F' with me, I don't have complaints. It's simple. They give me what they advertise, I give them the money we agree to, and we sign papers and I drive home happy. It shouldn't be complicated. My dealership made it right, but they were definitely pushy on how much they wanted the highest rating. It was starting to get on my nerves a bit. Seeing what you posted makes sense now. Even when there are little niggles that tend to pop-up, I get it. I'm not perfect, and I don't expect them to be, and I can look past mistakes as long as they own-up to them and fix them. I'd expect myself to do the same in their shoes.

Thanks for the insight.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote