Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-03-2021, 06:57 PM   #29
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Camaro died the day Al O was moved to electrics. Corporate GM is allergic to fun and excitement, so you get flops like the 6th gen and failures like the Blazer.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:24 PM   #30
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave777 View Post
GM might move to kill Camaro sooner due to poor sales.

It’s a shame there is zero effort by GM to promote the Camaro.

Even the GM website to search for cars sucks, should be similar to Car Guru.

GM is all in on China's plan for the world to go electric, as China is the major EV battery manufacturer. We will be forced to get our battery energy from China for the most part. GM gave in without a wimper. America is done. America is weak.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #31
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
GM is all in on China's plan for the world to go electric, as China is the major EV battery manufacturer. We will be forced to get our battery energy from China for the most part. GM gave in without a wimper. America is done. America is weak.
GM is building there own batteries at plants in Lordstown, Ohio and Spring Hill, Tennessee, plus two more yet to be named US battery factories. They’ll probably also add one in Canada and one in Mexico to supply the vehicle assembly plants in those countries. Ford has just this past week announced a $7 billion investment to build a vehicle assembly plant for the F-150 Lightning EV pickup and two battery plants in Tennessee and Kentucky.

https://insideevs.com/news/524627/gm...attery-plants/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ee/5896095001/
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 08:50 PM   #32
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
@s2mikey … Congrats on your 2022 order. You do realize that LT1 and V6 are mutually exclusive, right? Maybe you meant 1LT V6. LT1 is literally the RPO code for the 6.2L V8. 1LT is a vehicle trim level that could have either a 2.0T or 3.6L V6.
Fixed. 1LT it is.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #33
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
I am tired of hearing that the Camaro is not selling and they are killing it because of poor sales. I have been trying to locate a new 2SS 1LE for the past 6 months and cannot find one available. The dealers here don't even have regular 2SS. The chevy page shows a bunch but they are all in transit and when you inquire, they are mostly part of an order placed and already sold. Those that are not sold are way too expensive or come with options people do not want.

Conclusion, if Chevy start actually filling the dealers lot, they will sell. I am pretty sure of that. Anything else is an excuse to justify something the woke leadership of GM is planning by making all their cars electric.
Has nothing to do with woke. I’m guessing you meant that as an insult, even though you don’t grasp th industry and it’s trends. That ok as I also sure you don’t do it for a living like they do.

GM is moving tonEVs for one reason and one reason only. They believe in the future that leads to more profit and more growth. When you put it like that it doesn’t sound “woke” at all.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:17 PM   #34
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Has nothing to do with woke. I’m guessing you meant that as an insult, even though you don’t grasp th industry and it’s trends. That ok as I also sure you don’t do it for a living like they do.

GM is moving tonEVs for one reason and one reason only. They believe in the future that leads to more profit and more growth. When you put it like that it doesn’t sound “woke” at all.
I don't want electric, and almost everyone I know of or talk to doesn't want an electric car. Hopefully big changes in the elections next fall and then again in 2024 will help.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:20 AM   #35
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I don't want electric, and almost everyone I know of or talk to doesn't want an electric car. Hopefully big changes in the elections next fall and then again in 2024 will help.
I’m OK with EVs and petrol cars co-existing. That’s the happy medium and as usual would benefit the most people. I’ve said before that I’ll happily add an EV to our stable for basic transportation and as an errand runner. Makes sense.

But, my sports car or exotic or muscle car.. No effing way. Don’t care what the zero to sixty is. Don’t care how sexy the car looks. Don’t care that I won’t have to put gas in it. I have zero interest whatsoever. If GM stops building cars I want then the hell with them. If down the road the only Camaro is one powered by a Duracell then I’m simply OUT. Chevy ain’t the only game in town. Someone will keep making cars with proper engines for enthusiasts because that’s what most of us want.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:55 AM   #36
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
I’m OK with EVs and petrol cars co-existing. That’s the happy medium and as usual would benefit the most people. I’ve said before that I’ll happily add an EV to our stable for basic transportation and as an errand runner. Makes sense.

But, my sports car or exotic or muscle car.. No effing way. Don’t care what the zero to sixty is. Don’t care how sexy the car looks. Don’t care that I won’t have to put gas in it. I have zero interest whatsoever. If GM stops building cars I want then the hell with them. If down the road the only Camaro is one powered by a Duracell then I’m simply OUT. Chevy ain’t the only game in town. Someone will keep making cars with proper engines for enthusiasts because that’s what most of us want.
Listening to enthusiasts is one of the reasons the Camaro is in the position that its in now. They built a hell of a car but it's the least practical out of the big 3 and more people want practicality rather than a big V8.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:26 AM   #37
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
while i agree with you i think the future is pretty much dismal.rezoning of voting districts is going to cause a change,but not one for the better of our country.i dont have any personal animus against electric vehicles,but a 4 door camaro,like a 4 door mustang,is nothing but a bastardization of what these cars were meant to be.you wanna haul kids,go buy a minivan...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #38
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

Both Ford and Dodge have stated plans to offer PHEV and/or BEV replacements for their current cars. Supra is about to sunset. So is Kia Stinger. Not V8s, but serious performance cars. It’ll be interesting to see what you wind up with. You might still find V8s in AMG and M-series cars, but probably not anything else. Corvette for a while.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:40 AM   #39
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Listening to enthusiasts is one of the reasons the Camaro is in the position that its in now. They built a hell of a car but it's the least practical out of the big 3 and more people want practicality rather than a big V8.
Well - more practicality doesnt point to battery power though, IMO. And, who says its gotta have a big V8? There are plenty of engine options and the V6 and T4 are plenty fun and competent while being more affordable & practical. Right?

And, its a sad state if the automotive enthusiast has been replaced with soccer Dads or whatever, LOL. I hope thats not true. Last cars & coffee I went to locally was packed with awesome cars. Classics, sports, exotics, you name it. Some 6th gen Camaros too. . Its already bad enough that the manual transmission is an endangered species!
Old 10-04-2021, 08:51 AM   #40
Puddin

Quote:
Well - more practicality doesnt point to battery power though, IMO. And, who says its gotta have a big V8? There are plenty of engine options and the V6 and T4 are plenty fun and competent while being more affordable & practical. Right?

And, its a sad state if the automotive enthusiast has been replaced with soccer Dads or whatever, LOL. I hope thats not true. Last cars & coffee I went to locally was packed with awesome cars. Classics, sports, exotics, you name it. Some 6th gen Camaros too. . Its already bad enough that the manual transmission is an endangered species!
Some around here consider those two motors blasphemous. Even the v6 and the t4 still suffer from the lousy trunk space, poor visibility and so on so they're still impractical. Sure you'll still have your enthusiasts but in the grand scheme of things we are the minority and if you're running a big corporation you don't cater to the minority if you want to stick around.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:52 AM   #41
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Even with the inevitable death knell of the Camaro, I still wouldn't drive a mustang. I'd be okay with a Challenger, despite my lack of trust with FCA. Mustangs look like teenage girl cars nowadays anyway unless you're in a GT350/500.

On another note I also despise the new F150s outside appearance. Aside from a Raptor (and maybe the Lightning) I'm not a fan of those either. I'm excited for the Raptor R so I can see one that doesn't sound like a weedeater going down the road.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:55 AM   #42
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Some around here consider those two motors blasphemous. Even the v6 and the t4 still suffer from the lousy trunk space, poor visibility and so on so they're still impractical. Sure you'll still have your enthusiasts but in the grand scheme of things we are the minority and if you're running a big corporation you don't cater to the minority if you want to stick around.
I wouldn't drive a t4/v6 if it was given to me, but I understand why they've gotta be around. The bulk of sales have always been the cheap ones.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote