Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-16-2021, 06:41 PM   #1275
HD_ZLE

Drives: 2020 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
haha niice now did you move out there from cali also like ryne/roy or? any other tracks out there or just cota?
Ha, you could say that. I came last year though. This track is much more fun and technical than Laguna and Thunderhill (which I do miss dearly). I'd still dub T hill as my fav though. There are actually quite a few tracks around TX but haven't made it to any others yet.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:43 PM   #1276
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
oh nice hopefully ill get to make it out there next year! heard about a company that offers tow truck service to there and back but im sure that aint cheap...f*ck hawaii cota here i am come haha
Old 08-16-2021, 08:23 PM   #1277
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Just did my first track day in the 1LE. It was at Mid Ohio, and it rained most of the day. There was one damp, but fun session where the dry line was usable. Packed a lot of thrills.

5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:24 PM   #1278
Wontspeak

Drives: 1SS 1LE
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...1&d=1629170637
Attached Images

Wontspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:43 PM   #1279
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
man cota looks like a dream track is is true its about $1000 to run for 2 days?
The cheapest I have seen lately was NASA for about $700 for Saturday/Sunday but in July. Austin Schnell Fest runs a few times per year (covid permitting) for $900 Saturday/Sunday, or $1100 Friday-Sunday. If you are going to make a trip from far away, the temperature will be more comfortable if you avoid mid May through mid October.

COTA is definitely worth trying at least once but if you overcorrect there are a lot more places where you can crash than there are at the other tracks I have been to in Texas. Also NASA lists the TecPro replacement cost at $985 per 59" long damaged block which organizations will bill back to you if you hit it. Other barriers are less expensive and there is a mix of different types at COTA.

Check out the full 3.1 mile MSR Cresson track if you do visit Texas. Edge Addicts runs Monday events there for $225 with up to 3 hours of driving...it is a much better value than COTA with a good amount of elevation change just not built to FIA grade 1 specs. There are other groups that run the 3.1 occasionally on weekends too, but many events use the shorter 1.7 mile course that is not nearly as good as the 3.1. Harris Hill near Austin is fun too but shorter. SCCA is the only group running public events there currently and they are on Wednesdays yet still sell out quickly.

You are lucky to be in California though. It seems like a great place for tracks with Laguna Seca and several others that look fun with less rain per year than most other parts or the country. Not to mention some of the canyons near LA that are actually almost as fun as an organized track day without any entry fee!

Last edited by cdrptrks; 08-16-2021 at 11:10 PM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:47 AM   #1280
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
The cheapest I have seen lately was NASA for about $700 for Saturday/Sunday but in July. Austin Schnell Fest runs a few times per year (covid permitting) for $900 Saturday/Sunday, or $1100 Friday-Sunday. If you are going to make a trip from far away, the temperature will be more comfortable if you avoid mid May through mid October.

COTA is definitely worth trying at least once but if you overcorrect there are a lot more places where you can crash than there are at the other tracks I have been to in Texas. Also NASA lists the TecPro replacement cost at $985 per 59" long damaged block which organizations will bill back to you if you hit it. Other barriers are less expensive and there is a mix of different types at COTA.

Check out the full 3.1 mile MSR Cresson track if you do visit Texas. Edge Addicts runs Monday events there for $225 with up to 3 hours of driving...it is a much better value than COTA with a good amount of elevation change just not built to FIA grade 1 specs. There are other groups that run the 3.1 occasionally on weekends too, but many events use the shorter 1.7 mile course that is not nearly as good as the 3.1. Harris Hill near Austin is fun too but shorter. SCCA is the only group running public events there currently and they are on Wednesdays yet still sell out quickly.

You are lucky to be in California though. It seems like a great place for tracks with Laguna Seca and several others that look fun with less rain per year than most other parts or the country. Not to mention some of the canyons near LA that are actually almost as fun as an organized track day without any entry fee!
Cresson just repaved the repave of the 1.7. Hopefully, it was done correctly this time. When anyone is coming to Texas from out of state, post up because there are members at MSR-Cresson, Eagles Canyon, MSR-Houston, and Harris Hills on here that can have you run as a guest in conjunction with a COTA visit or whatever brings you this way. Also, all those tracks have rental track cars, too.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:48 AM   #1281
RoaringV8

Drives: 2017 HBM Camaro SS 1LE Camaro
'Merica

TNIA at Dominion Raceway
Attached Images

RoaringV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #1282
kropscamaro16

yea my buddys go to cota every year for global time attack and wanted to go this year for my bday but ended up going to buttonwillow instead and yea only good thing about cali is the racetracks...all this other shit sucks

we have 5 tracks within 3 hour drive from me and ive been to 4 or 5 this year but still usually take off summer time its just too damn hot...
Old 08-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #1283
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
And a couple awesome photos from Sunday as well!
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2021, 12:01 PM   #1284
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post

i still love the look of your car lol a ss with real zl1 1le front end or?
Old 08-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #1285
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
i still love the look of your car lol a ss with real zl1 1le front end or?
Yep full OEM ZL1 1LE front and side rockers.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:58 PM   #1286
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Yep full OEM ZL1 1LE front and side rockers.

nice ever going to add the hood also or? i still want to do that conversion also talked to gm at sema a few years ago about it but they told me not in their budget...
Old 08-17-2021, 01:41 PM   #1287
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Ah, the 'Ring! I miss that place. What kind of BTG lap times are you running in your SS?
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:01 PM   #1288
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
nice ever going to add the hood also or? i still want to do that conversion also talked to gm at sema a few years ago about it but they told me not in their budget...
Yes either an OEM one or the Anderson Composites one if I can get a decent deal on one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Ah, the 'Ring! I miss that place. What kind of BTG lap times are you running in your SS?
7:54 is my best so far, which was from this trip on Sunday. Was with traffic in the two fastest sections so I figure I easily lost at least 10 seconds. Low 7:40s should be easy with clear track, which as you know is VERY rare in TF haha I posted the video in the best times thread.