Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-02-2021, 02:10 PM   #15
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
I have learned to take most Auto Journalists stories with a grain of salt. I think my best example of why I do this is when a year or so ago an article was posted about a 3500 dually pickup truck. The guy bashed on it for its "lack of good ride quality" and did not recommend it for its "lack of good ride quality." It was built for one thing Hauling and towing and not your everyday drive to work and back type of vehicle or be a limousine. Many Journalists today fail to see the reasons for things being built.

Now the Camaro isn't really as drastic from what I read about it from journalists as what I said above. In my mind the Camaro was built for the enthusiast that wants performance over practicality. Which is what I was looking for in a performance vehicle and its why I bought mine and Chevy delivered. I also understand that there are people that do want a little more practicality which is an issue that the Challenger for example does fill but at the cost of track performance and the Mustang is the middle ground. I also tend not to read articles that depict a vehicle because of sales because if sales dictated everything we would all be driving Pickup trucks right now.
Yep, 100% agree.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:33 PM   #16
frostys

Drives: -
Quote:
I have learned to take most Auto Journalists stories with a grain of salt. I think my best example of why I do this is when a year or so ago an article was posted about a 3500 dually pickup truck. The guy bashed on it for its "lack of good ride quality" and did not recommend it for its "lack of good ride quality." It was built for one thing Hauling and towing and not your everyday drive to work and back type of vehicle or be a limousine. Many Journalists today fail to see the reasons for things being built.

Now the Camaro isn't really as drastic from what I read about it from journalists as what I said above. In my mind the Camaro was built for the enthusiast that wants performance over practicality. Which is what I was looking for in a performance vehicle and its why I bought mine and Chevy delivered. I also understand that there are people that do want a little more practicality which is an issue that the Challenger for example does fill but at the cost of track performance and the Mustang is the middle ground. I also tend not to read articles that depict a vehicle because of sales because if sales dictated everything we would all be driving Pickup trucks right now.
It still has to sustain itself in sales which is where the added practicality of the challenger helps. The camaro might be a little bit too niche.
frostys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #17
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:

Well said! Paying too much attention to journalists kept the Camaro off my radar for a couple years. On the practicality side, i think the media has just gone overboard on it's shortcomings. After years of paying too much attention to automotive media, i've learned if a car seems interesting enough to buy, go take it for a test drive!
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:37 PM   #18
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
In my mind the Camaro was built for the enthusiast that wants performance over practicality. Which is what I was looking for in a performance vehicle and its why I bought mine and Chevy delivered.
That is exactly what they did. they just focused a bit to much on it IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostys View Post
It still has to sustain itself in sales which is where the added practicality of the challenger helps. The camaro might be a little bit too niche.
Bingo. The life blood of these cars is the lower trims. They allow the high performance variants to exist. the low end trims can't use the performance as an excuse to overlook shortcomings.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:47 PM   #19
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
A Camaro Sedan... So... The SS?
GM would have did themselves a favor and brought back the Chevelle Name for this car, when I first heard of it years ago, all I could think of SS what?
Chevelle would fit coupe or sedan, even station wagon.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:14 PM   #20
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
I sat in a guys Hell Cat and he sat in mine & he admitted the differences in visibility & rear leg room is way over blown.

People can argue that marketing doesn’t matter, but Dodge markets the hell out of those cars.

Now to address dipshit YouTube car reviewers, well, they’re dipshits, so….
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:43 PM   #21
frostys

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I sat in a guys Hell Cat and he sat in mine & he admitted the differences in visibility & rear leg room is way over blown.

People can argue that marketing doesn’t matter, but Dodge markets the hell out of those cars.

Even if it's way overblown, it's still there and it will have an impact on sales volumes especially in the base trims where the added performance gained by those sacrifice become 100% useless. Losing some line of sight or backseat space for performance is a trade-off people will do but losing the same line of sight and backseat space if you are not looking for the extra performance means losing it for nothing.

As for marketing, none of them are marketed where I live and the challengers and mustangs outsell camaros.
frostys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:52 PM   #22
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i think a lot of people lose sight of the fact that a camaro is still a domestic sports car. it's inherent lack of -something- must be present, otherwise it would cost half again as much.

the gen 4 cars had the power plant, gen 5 had...im not sure, new styling, ride quality and comfort, i guess...and gen 6 gets a chassis.

you know which one sold the most.

imho the camaro is the most DRIVERS car for the money, but it lacks a lot of creature comforts and general styling, inside & out. its a camaro. historically they were the poor boy entry to a v8, nothing has changed.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:36 PM   #23
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Only the GM management know the future of the Camaro at this point in time. Enjoy them while they are still being built. That’s my feeling!
Old 07-02-2021, 08:08 PM   #24
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:

I do not really want to do this... BUT it depends on what you mean by over blown? I can literally get 4 adults in my Challenger - and probably and 5th in the rear if he/she is smallish. As for visibility - I go back to what do you mean, my C pillar is GIANT - so are the A but I think that is about every modern car. The windows are bigger and better view and the seating position is much higher.

All this said - it is a sports/muscle/pony/2door/blah blah blah -

Sit in a 911 - I personally think it is worse than the Camaro - BUT IT IS A PORCHE!!! so it does not matter. Same with the BMW and Jaguar F-Type, they are atrocious. But I guess because it is north of 100K - they cannot complain

Never mind the Lambo - that is like sitting in a cave.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #25
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
GM would have did themselves a favor and brought back the Chevelle Name for this car, when I first heard of it years ago, all I could think of SS what?
Chevelle would fit coupe or sedan, even station wagon.

If they bring the Chevelle SS396 back they need to make it a muscle car, more like the Challenger, big, heavy, but fast in a straight line.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:47 PM   #26
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Even if it's way overblown, it's still there and it will have an impact on sales volumes especially in the base trims where the added performance gained by those sacrifice become 100% useless. Losing some line of sight or backseat space for performance is a trade-off people will do but losing the same line of sight and backseat space if you are not looking for the extra performance means losing it for nothing.

As for marketing, none of them are marketed where I live and the challengers and mustangs outsell camaros.
It’s still making mountains out of mole hill in an Emperor has no close sort of way. Honestly. Then again most people are borderline retarded when it comes to independent thought. They desire to be spoon fed what they should buy, watch & do. It’s sad really.

While a certain demographic of “old non-tech savvy” purchasers exist, many, & I mean many, can at the least find there way to YouTube. & when they see dumb asses regurgitate the same nonsense & watch Dodge’s hype vids they can easily be persuaded to buy brand D & not even consider a Camaro.

That’s the reality in which we live. Choose to accept it or not, but it’s still the reality of many buyers motivation.

Me personally, as many here, I remember a poem from long ago, “…& I, I took the path less traveled buy, & it has made all the difference.” I try to apply this line of thinking to nearly every facet of my life, so car buying really becomes a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
If they bring the Chevelle SS396 back they need to make it a muscle car, more like the Challenger, big, heavy, but fast in a straight line.
Original “muscle cars” were light family sedans with lots of power, not heavy with lots of power.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:54 PM   #27
Heat Magnet

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I wouldn't peg Yahoo as a source for good news.
  2. 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Coupe
    Black, Redline Edition, 1LE Suspension Package, 10L80 transmission, NPP, Body color high wing spoiler, Ground effects kit, 48-state legal Brembo brakes
Heat Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:09 PM   #28
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
It’s still making mountains out of mole hill in an Emperor has no close sort of way. Honestly. Then again most people are borderline retarded when it comes to independent thought. They desire to be spoon fed what they should buy, watch & do. It’s sad really.

While a certain demographic of “old non-tech savvy” purchasers exist, many, & I mean many, can at the least find there way to YouTube. & when they see dumb asses regurgitate the same nonsense & watch Dodge’s hype vids they can easily be persuaded to buy brand D & not even consider a Camaro.

That’s the reality in which we live. Choose to accept it or not, but it’s still the reality of many buyers motivation.

Me personally, as many here, I remember a poem from long ago, “…& I, I took the path less traveled buy, & it has made all the difference.” I try to apply this line of thinking to nearly every facet of my life, so car buying really becomes a no-brainer.

Original “muscle cars” were light family sedans with lots of power, not heavy with lots of power.

Regarding tech, what would it be like if the big 3 modern muscle cars didn't have the traction control stuff they do today? I mean if they were brute like a GTO for example where the wheels spin easily and no nannies? Would you see a lot more Mustangs crashing into the curb and spinning out?

My dad bought a 1969 GTO when he got married. Eventually he got rid of it because my mom would hit the gas hard and spin the tires and end up getting tickets at stoplights.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote