Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #15
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE_ROLL View Post
My order of operations is research, then buy shit and then install it and see. You buy shit and apparently “know” people who have it but still take the time to question it instead of just throw it on? I like wrenching not talking. Bring it up to cabelas some time let’s see how quick those friends are

Lol burned

Thanks for positive and helpful info, why didn't I think of any of that?!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:52 PM   #16
1LE_ROLL

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
🤷*♂️
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2021, 06:34 PM   #17
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
I know of three people whom have this setup first off, and I'm inquiring if anyone here has this similar setup with an honest answer. It's not a prediction I've seen all three Dyno graphs one was maxed like 538 and I think the other two were in the 540's but I didn't nt remember the torque on them. I'm just wondering how the low end torque feels more or less and if anyone here has opinions on that besides the guys I know. They don't race all the time and say it feels great between 3500-7000k . I ain't no chode looking at a catalog looking for results lol

What part of the order of operations do you need clarification bro so I can help ya out?
And I kinda gave you an answer in post# 4 above. ^^ I made 475rwhp and 485rwtq with my setup. And that is with a big cam and a big stall on 93. Being a stick car and a tad more to start with than my auto, you MIGHT see around 485-90 or so with your cam and heads, but your TB is going to choke you down. I am getting ready to bore my intake snout to 103mm and I have a Nick Williams 103mm TB here to install to try to get me to that 500 mark with stock heads. I run mine up to 7400 all the time when I'm out driving so the low end TQ for me I don't miss because of the stall flashing to 5k when I romp on it. So if you are concerned about low end TQ, I would not install it and go GPI rod modded to get the low end back you are looking for. Just my .02..
Old 06-24-2021, 11:58 PM   #18
1LE_ROLL

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
And I kinda gave you an answer in post# 4 above. ^^ I made 475rwhp and 485rwtq with my setup. And that is with a big cam and a big stall on 93. Being a stick car and a tad more to start with than my auto, you MIGHT see around 485-90 or so with your cam and heads, but your TB is going to choke you down. I am getting ready to bore my intake snout to 103mm and I have a Nick Williams 103mm TB here to install to try to get me to that 500 mark with stock heads. I run mine up to 7400 all the time when I'm out driving so the low end TQ for me I don't miss because of the stall flashing to 5k when I romp on it. So if you are concerned about low end TQ, I would not install it and go GPI rod modded to get the low end back you are looking for. Just my .02..

I don’t think that’s the answer he wanted unfortunately... funny enough I’m pretty sure the LOD makes more power than the fast too...he asked our opinion on if he should keep the fast or get a rod mod, multiple people told him to get a rod mod. Then he said it’s too hard to return. He just is fishing for someone to say what he wants. I vote delete this spam bullshit. This is why I hate the forums
Old 06-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #19
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE_ROLL View Post
I don’t think that’s the answer he wanted unfortunately... funny enough I’m pretty sure the LOD makes more power than the fast too...he asked our opinion on if he should keep the fast or get a rod mod, multiple people told him to get a rod mod. Then he said it’s too hard to return. He just is fishing for someone to say what he wants. I vote delete this spam bullshit. This is why I hate the forums
lol, yea I see that now...
Old 06-26-2021, 01:06 PM   #20
Roader

Drives: Camaro
He’ll be well over 500 on his setup. My similar setup with an auto made more than 500.

Edit -No idea where rest my message went. Must have hit wrong button.

I did lose a lot of down low tq but pushed powerband higher and to right. I expect same thing for him. Best bet is to talk to Zach down in Pearsall who is a GPI rep and knows his stuff.

Last edited by Roader; 06-27-2021 at 08:13 AM.
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:45 AM   #21
jcampos

I'm not fishing for what I want to hear about what I bought. I was looking for some insight from those of you who have attempted this build. I should specify that those friends are more like associations or known people we know in a local car community. I don't consider them actual friends but I wasn't trying to say all this in the original post. Originally, I thought that GPI was going to charge me the 20% restocking fee but after speaking with them they are willing to waive those fees since I'd be purchasing another intake from them. I declined it so I'm keeping my setup.

I'm just gonna build with what I have and go from there. I apologize for wasting anyone's time here.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:49 AM   #22
jcampos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roader View Post
He’ll be well over 500 on his setup. My similar setup with an auto made more than 500.

Edit -No idea where rest my message went. Must have hit wrong button.

I did lose a lot of down low tq but pushed powerband higher and to right. I expect same thing for him. Best bet is to talk to Zach down in Pearsall who is a GPI rep and knows his stuff.
Thank you, how did that low end feel? Bogged down, so to speak or was it a tolerable until you hit the power and?
Old 06-30-2021, 07:09 AM   #23
WEISHAAR37

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Keep the Fast manifold, it wont lose quite as much down low as the High ram will but it will also hold power and not fall off to the 7800rpm range.

also a huge thing nobody has mentioned here is your valvetrain. that setup is going to be handicapped quite severely if you are running a basic .660 dual spring. i would recommend going to something like a PAC 1207 or 1209X valve spring and a set of good lifters and pushrods when you put the camshaft in.

the basic springs will start to lose valve control around 7400rpm and hurt you on peak power and also shift recovery average power.

if you have any questions or want to talk about this further, feel free to shoot an email to Ben@Gwatneyperformance.com

yall have a great day

Ben
WEISHAAR37 is offline   Reply With Quote