Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-04-2021, 12:49 PM   #43
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
I almost made this change a couple of weeks ago and I still might due to the almost never ending issues with my 50th. I drove a Scat Pack widebody and loved everything about the car except the seating position. I felt like I was sitting on top of the car and not in it.

I'm sure my perception is skewed due to the seating position of the Camaro but I do like being down inside the car. Everyone likes to complain about the seating position and tiny windows of the Camaro but I love it.

I'm currently looking at options to lower the seat in the Challenger but so far I haven't found any. If I find something, the Camaro is history.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #44
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I almost made this change a couple of weeks ago and I still might due to the almost never ending issues with my 50th. I drove a Scat Pack widebody and loved everything about the car except the seating position. I felt like I was sitting on top of the car and not in it.

I'm sure my perception is skewed due to the seating position of the Camaro but I do like being down inside the car. Everyone likes to complain about the seating position and tiny windows of the Camaro but I love it.

I'm currently looking at options to lower the seat in the Challenger but so far I haven't found any. If I find something, the Camaro is history.
100% agreed. I always would hit the button on the side of the seat hoping it would go farther down into the car. Lol never did. You'd need to swap out the seat for an aftermarket one. But yes you described it perfectly. Sitting in on the car rather than in it like the camaro.
Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:13 PM   #45
Staves

Drives: women crazy
If you need the space, then a Charger SP is great. Test drove one. But they feel huge.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:53 PM   #46
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
The funny thing...

Us Camaro guys pick on the Challenger guys like the M3 guys pick on the Camaro guys.

I cannot tell you how many of my friends that road race smaller cars always say how huge the Camaro is.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:04 PM   #47
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The funny thing...

Us Camaro guys pick on the Challenger guys like the M3 guys pick on the Camaro guys.

I cannot tell you how many of my friends that road race smaller cars always say how huge the Camaro is.
This is true, did the BMW driving experience a few years back and the M3, M4 and especially the M2 were easier to toss around the track. M2 was an absolute blast not as powerful as the Camaro but a whole bunch of fun regardless.
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:03 PM   #48
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Quote:
The funny thing...

The Camaro is huge. The Challenger is just huger....
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:17 PM   #49
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandanK View Post
Have you considered a Chevy SS?

Brandan
Loved my SS sedan but a 4 year old almost 5 used car may not fit the bill.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #50
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak-Toy View Post
The Camaro is huge. The Challenger is just huger....
Yup, if the Challenger shrank by about a foot and shed some weight, I’d definitely take a very close look at it.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:14 PM   #51
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Before anyone grabs their pitchforks, I haven’t sold the Camaro...YET. I’ve been seriously contemplating the past month or so whether I hang on to it, or get into something different. We are expecting our first baby come October, so the waters will really be changing. As we all know, the car market is insane during these times. I don’t daily drive the Camaro, so while I don’t HAVE to get rid of it, I’d hate for it to just consistently collect dust in the garage. I just don’t know how/if it would work with the baby. I think it will be a big hassle getting the car seat in/out, and there would be no room for a passenger in the rear (in the even the baby needs tending to in transit). I think the combination of those two things would keep the car parked.

I figured if I do plan on getting out of the SS, now would be the time to do it. I’ve had my eye on getting a Charger ScatPack (392), as that would afford MUCH more space and I’m able to get affiliate pricing. I know Farmer just picked up a Challenger. I’m curious to hear from those who have switched from a Camaro to the Charger? I’ve had a rental Charger RT for a week, so I’m somewhat familiar with the cars. I have little doubt that I will love the 392 motor, but I hope I can live with the rest of the car. Obviously the handling is quite different, which I know and would expect.
Zaimer - No disrespect meant, but please don’t do it!

Love the whole “having a baby need a Scat Pack” vibe, but not the Charger... they just can’t be rationalized (in any light), as a nice looking ride! Yes,yes, this is my opinion... but come on! Don’t make me list some other four door options (not sure what I would come up with), just please NO!

Kia Stinger... no wait
Subaru WRX STI... no wait
BMW M3...
Nissan Maxima...

Now I’ll stop offending people.

Keep the Camaro and get this? Gotta love the Pontiac Grand Safari! 5 doors, 5300lbs and a 455 V8.

Honestly, I would buy the Grand Safari in a heartbeat if one crossed my path.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2021, 11:43 PM   #52
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandanK View Post
Have you considered a Chevy SS?

Brandan
A nearly impossible to get car with old tech and features? Tell me more!

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:12 AM   #53
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Fair enough - except power to weight is nearly identical.
Well, the bigger engine helps to some extent, but the Chevy does have an edge.

Curb weight for your Widebody 392 4274, add 200 for a driver=9.22 lbs/hp

Curb weight for normal 392 4230, add 200 for a driver=9.13 lbs/hp

Curb weight for 2SS Camaro 3696, add 200 for a driver=8.56 lbs/hp

Curb weight for 1SS Camaro 3685, add 200 for a driver=8.54 lbs/hp
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:27 AM   #54
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Well, the bigger engine helps to some extent, but the Chevy does have an edge.

Curb weight for your Widebody 392 4274, add 200 for a driver=9.22 lbs/hp

Curb weight for normal 392 4230, add 200 for a driver=9.13 lbs/hp

Curb weight for 2SS Camaro 3696, add 200 for a driver=8.56 lbs/hp

Curb weight for 1SS Camaro 3685, add 200 for a driver=8.54 lbs/hp
True and why I said "nearly", but for me it was even closer,

My Camaro was 3945 lbs and my 392 is 4285.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:43 AM   #55
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
True and why I said "nearly", but for me it was even closer,

My Camaro was 3945 lbs and my 392 is 4285.
I really like the looks of the car but Dodge has kept this Bodystyle around way too long, it is so long in the tooth. I hope that doesn't hurt you too badly on resale/trade. Every red light I pull up to going to the office I see one.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:48 AM   #56
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I really like the looks of the car but Dodge has kept this Bodystyle around way too long, it is so long in the tooth. I hope that doesn't hurt you too badly on resale/trade. Every red light I pull up to going to the office I see one.
Me too but currently the Widebody is holding well, best of the bunch and currently equal to the Camaro.