Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2021, 07:28 PM   #15
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by COKen View Post
In many of the threads on this forum people talk about being enthusiasts and I started wonder what makes an enthusiast. I'm sure it has something to do with cars , but what activities do you do with your cars to make you an enthusiast?

You are an enthusiast if you:
  • Take your car down a drag strip.
  • Take your car around a track.
  • Participate in an autocross.
  • Put your car in a car show.
  • Modify your car.
  • Clean your car excessively.
  • Go on group drives.
I do think of myself as a car enthusiast and I have taken my cars to drag strips, tracks and I have participated in many autocrosses. I have modified my cars, but I have not been in a car show nor do I clean my cars excessively but I have been on many group drives.

I'm sure I missed many thing which make a car enthusiast, so please tell us why you are a car enthusiast and add more reasons to my list.
I’ve been doing the bottom 4 on that list for 32+ years (I’m 48). Hell, I was showing cars with my grandfather at 12, and learned to drive his 53 Meteor (now mine), when I was the same age. I’ve spent hundreds of hours detailing others cars, many more than that detailing my own.

None of that comes close to summing it up though... from my earliest memories I’ve had an attachment to vehicles. Even in those days I didn’t like toy cars, but vehicles. They’re just in my blood. Cleaning them, maintaining them, driving them, driving them more, and admiring those that are yet out of reach.

My wife and I even religiously have garage nights on Friday evenings that the three teenagers still attend - and ask for (yes the occasional bevy is enjoyed, but keys are locked away). Even the two Saint Bernards enjoy garage Fridays, where we do nothing but visit beside the other three members of the family. The Meteor, the Camaro, and the 370.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:52 PM   #16
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
I haven’t owned an automatic transmission since 1997 and never will again..... I’d say that’s part of being an enthusiast.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #17
TorontoLT1

Drives: 2020 LT1 Camaro
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
TorontoLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #18
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
I learned to drive on my dad's '71 Ford LTD with a 429-4V, 11:1 compression, and 360 HP. I've been an enthusiast, aka car guy, ever since.

I've modded every car I've owned.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:32 PM   #19
Doc Oc

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
When you stare at a badass car the same way you stare at a super hot girl, you know you're an enthusiast 😅
Old 04-25-2021, 11:53 PM   #20
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I haven’t owned an automatic transmission since 1997 and never will again..... I’d say that’s part of being an enthusiast.
I was conflicted getting the A10. I thought the A8 was clunky. Ive never driven a trans like this. Nothing replaces a M6 but theirs trans is next level.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:18 AM   #21
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Don’t do anything on your list except put on Borlas. Still a car enthusiast b/c I like cars. In fact, I’m enthusiastic about them.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:32 AM   #22
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by COKen View Post
Do you need to own a Camaro to be an enthusiast?
Just another moron comment.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:57 AM   #23
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
I don't think being an Enthusiast requires any of that criteria. I simply think it's someone who appreciates the finer details snd nuances lost on the average consumer/user.

In simplest terms, someone who is enthusiastic about some things rather than Common Place.

In contrast, I own a dozen cars. Build them, race them, sell them. So according to my wife, I am fanatical. :-)
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:36 AM   #24
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Neither has my sister. She drives a manual Hyundai Accent.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:48 AM   #25
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Every member of this site is an enthusiast to varying degrees.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:10 AM   #26
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I can be whatever you'd like to call me... but it won't change the way I feel about my Camaro and driving it. I don't know if that makes me an enthusiast or not. Honestly don't really care... It's like on the HDForums I belong to and people always throwing out the phrase "real biker". I love my Harley just as much as my Camaro and I enjoy time in/on both. Have no idea what that makes me though. I think my wife uses the word Crazy...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:32 AM   #27
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarko View Post
I thought the A8 was clunky.
Maybe, but it can't be as clunky as the diff. in my two GTR, which sounded like something Deere would make.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:34 AM   #28
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
having a healthy hobby is good for you. i think most of us are enthusiasts.
it's about having a healthy balance in life. not going to ocd on one thing. make sure your life is in a good place before buying an expensive car. no good living in a one room rented flat and buying a 50k car imho.
also having other interests in life. not just your car. going ott with anything is not good.
i class myself an enthusiast. love to polish my cars and love getting people admire them.
but it's just a car. way more important things in my life. my 2 sons and wife always come before me