Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-21-2021, 11:59 AM   #15
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Thing about street racers is this isn't the 1960's and there are too many people on the road to engage in playing along. The cost is far too great when it frequently results in chaos and injury. Save it for the track gentlemen. When you own a vehicle that CAN perform, it rents far more space in the mind of someone when you don't play along than it does when you do.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:02 PM   #16
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Just yesterday I had a wrx pull along side me at a light in my wife's suv and when the light turned green boy did he show me how slow his car was. In NH its almost time to bring the cars out so kids are getting itchy. They just want a reaction and if in one of the camaros or the vette i would have done a pull in 1st to show him he needed to switch brands.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:15 PM   #17
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
With your age/experience, would it be safe to that you shouldn’t be surprised? If you’re in any vehicle that is even remotely sporty, you’re going to be “challenged” from time to time. It is part of owning these types of cars, unfortunately. I don’t mind the ones who want to “race” or give extra attention, but I agree we can do without the a-holes that lessen their patience and raise their expectations because you have a nice car. I.e. the tailgating, the hurry up and go etc. I experience the same issues while riding the motorcycle.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:21 PM   #18
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
we were test driving a friggin honda civic coupe for my wife and some mental midget in a nissan crapbox tried to race us.BTW the civic was a pretty nice car,not snap your neck fast but still feels sporty in corners and gets 40+ mpg on the highway(yes,we bought it)
The new Honda Civics are nice looking. Honda has done a overall nice job with the new vehicles. However, my favorite ones are the mid 2000's Honda Civic. Slightly lowered. No hood. Mismatched painted body panels. Different rims in front and back. A coffee can muffler. Some sort of 3-5 foot spoiler needed for down force when they approach 200 mph. Gauges in the A pillar. And to top it all off, the baby seat in the back. Come on now. You all have seen it.

Now before I get crushed, everyone has different tastes and style. I have seen some Hondas with a ton of money poured in and professionally built up. Not all racers are idiots. I am not a professional race car driver. I was just pointing out some recent experiences and just checking what everyone else has encountered. Everyone stay healthy and try to keep the craziness on the track.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #19
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Only had one person try to get me race. He was in a little Beemer, & I was with my wife... on the TEST DRIVE in the Z.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #20
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
I get this often. It mainly comes from everyone with a V6 coupe, lifted trucks, and Mopar.

jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #21
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Thing about street racers is this isn't the 1960's and there are too many people on the road to engage in playing along. The cost is far too great when it frequently results in chaos and injury. Save it for the track gentlemen. When you own a vehicle that CAN perform, it rents far more space in the mind of someone when you don't play along than it does when you do.
The funny thing.... There was someone back in the Sixties saying the same exact words....
Old 03-21-2021, 01:54 PM   #22
Kemo Savy
Banned

Drives: Make it a 6 speed in SS trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Can someone please explain this to me. I have a 2019 Grand Sport Corvette (waiting on my 2SS 1LE to be built. Weather has been great so I drive with the windows down, Sirus XM channel 38 cranked up (Hair Nation- I know I know, sad but I like it). In the last week I have had a BMW 3 Series with what appeared to be after market exhaust or maybe just a bunch of holes in it go out of the way to get out of a turning lane at a red light, pull next to me downshift and punch it. I am a 50 year retired first responder. He does this twice. I pay him no attention. He floors it and goes. Follow that up the other day with a BMW M3. I stop at 2 stop signs because your supposed to stop. He gets pissed and runs through both riding my rear bumper the proceeds to whip around me while driver and passenger give me the lets go arm motions. Ignore them, driver waves goodbye and stomps it. Then the other day, same thing with two guys in Subaru WRX.

My question is two fold, I have a feeling this will continue whether I am in the Camaro (if they ever build it TPW 3/22 not gonna happen)or Vette and are you experiencing the same BS in your Camaro? And why do the idiot passengers who probably have nothing to do with owning or paying for the car run their mouth? Sorry about the long post. Thanks to the responsible and sensible F Body drivers out there

I've always hated BMWs...Overrated, OverPriced and Overstays in the shop. And most drivers are women. Remove the Turbos and they can't get out of their own way.

Last edited by Kemo Savy; 03-21-2021 at 01:56 PM. Reason: d
Kemo Savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #23
Kemo Savy
Banned

Drives: Make it a 6 speed in SS trim.
Quote:
The new Honda Civics are nice looking. Honda has done a overall nice job with the new vehicles. However, my favorite ones are the mid 2000's Honda Civic. Slightly lowered. No hood. Mismatched painted body panels. Different rims in front and back. A coffee can muffler. Some sort of 3-5 foot spoiler needed for down force when they approach 200 mph. Gauges in the A pillar. And to top it all off, the baby seat in the back. Come on now. You all have seen it.

Now before I get crushed, everyone has different tastes and style. I have seen some Hondas with a ton of money poured in and professionally built up. Not all racers are idiots. I am not a professional race car driver. I was just pointing out some recent experiences and just checking what everyone else has encountered. Everyone stay healthy and try to keep the craziness on the track.

He said....Honda Civic.
Kemo Savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:00 PM   #24
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
I have encountered some cars that tend to rev up more around me, but never aggressive outright racing.

And there is a reason BMW drivers have the reputation we all love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
German Car Rule #1: Never own one out of warranty.
Eh, I would make an exception for Porsche as long as it doesn't have the dreaded IMS. They are still expensive to run, but a Porsche dealer probably treats you better than your average CBG dealer and they are supposedly generally reliable.

As for BMW, I personally wouldn't own one just because how unreliable they can be, but I do respect a few ones, like the E9X M3. I once drove past one with an aftermarket exhaust and the S65 engine and the car sounded amazing. Actually told the owner how good it sounded at the stoplight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo Savy View Post
He said....Honda Civic.
Properly built sleepers can actually be pretty sick.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:15 PM   #25
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
The funny thing.... There was someone back in the Sixties saying the same exact words....
But in the 60's the cars weren't as quick as they are today. That is my point. Today you can travel 60' from zero fairly quickly but when someone pulls out into traffic once you have already mashed the pedal it can go bad in a hurry.
My grandfather thought 30mph was plenty enough. Lol
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:10 PM   #26
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Then how do we counter the over legislated society we live in?

Morons who pose as lawyers ruining all they touch(double duty as politicians for one)?

That's not even counting the NIMBY asswipes who move in and then complain until things get shut down that were there when they moved in(they should be shot for this)?

I don't put the onus solely on the people racing in the streets when you give them no affordable venues in which to do so.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #27
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:

wow,you just described that nissan that wanted to race,huge spoiler and all.not to mention the cloud of oil smoke caused by constant abuse.the wifes civic coupe is completely stock but it would have made that kid feel bad im sure.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:25 PM   #28
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
I think you're taking it too seriously. :-) I get a fair bit of it down here, but it's rarely ever from anyone actually worth risking the ticket. Pretty much only happens in the SS though, get a lot of looks and thumbs-up and various other things in the C8, but nobody really seems to want to run that one.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote