Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-16-2021, 12:42 PM   #113
Arizona_Droptop

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniorrs View Post
Smart fellow!
Hah! Depends on how you define smart. It certainly wasn't a smart financial decision considering I have a paid off car that is in good condition (which I still have, I did not trade it in). No financial advisor would have ever signed off on that decision.

However, it certainly feels like a smart emotional decision. This car has already brought so much joy to my life. And life is about enjoyment after all, isn't it? That's why we work day in day out, to enjoy life. Not just to spirit every coin away into a retirement fund.
Arizona_Droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #114
Seniorrs

Drives: 21 Camaro RS manual v6.Tyota Tacoma
Performance for your dollar I think these cars are tops. Your car may hold value better than predictions.The Chevy ss did.
Seniorrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #115
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
I've been a car guy since I was 7 when my dad would let me sit on his lap and let me shift and steer his 55 Ford on the road to my grandfathers farm. If course he would work the gas, clutch and brake, but I didn't care - to me I was driving. When I turned 16 My folks bought me 326 Tempest Custom (baby GTO) which I wrapped around a tree in short order. Looking for a car with the insurance money I found a 1965 Mustang K Code (Hi-Po) sittting on a dealers lot. Believe it or not, the keys were in it, so I started it up. Holy smokes, the sound was intoxicating. It had a chambered exhaust (no mufflers) and solid lifters. Under the hood were chrome valve covers and a low restriction air cleaner. I bought it and became a Ford fanatic for many years. In 1993 (last year of the Fox body Stangs) I bought a 5.0 LX coupe which I proceeded to add a supercharger and all the related performance stuff. I kept the car for 10 years and also started a Mustang club in my area which I ran for 10 years. I experienced "burn out" with the club, quit and sold the car! Still being a motor-head, I turned my attention to riding Harley motorcycles. In 2018 I dropped the bike while stopped with a turned wheel on an incline. The footboard busted up my foot, so now at 70 years old I decided to quit motorcycling. Still wanting the open air experience, I bought a 2018 Fiat 124 Spider. What a mistake. That car had more trips to the dealer that I care to remember. So, scouting around I almost settled on a GT 350, but the craving for open air motoring stopped me and Mustang GT's don't do it for me. Driving past a Chevy dealer, I saw a Riverside Blue Camaro convertible sitting out front. I made a u-turn and took a closer look. The salesmen started the car remotely from inside before coming out. WOW, I was impressed as the cold start of that npp exhaust excited my senses. Of course I knew from reading, what these SS Camaro's were all about. I fell in love on the spot, drove home to get my wife and went back for a test drive. Saying that I was impressed is an understatement. So in October of 2019 I bought my 2020 2SS Vert! Sorry for being so long winded, but that's how I came to buying what I consider to be the best car I have ever owned. It pushes all the right buttons.
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:22 PM   #116
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
Last car was a Charger SRT, haven't owned a Camaro since my Z28 I owned in the late 80's

Since my kids are adults it was way too practical so I went shopping, ruled out most 2 seaters and once I saw the 6th gen vert Camaro knew it was the car for me, found my 2SS and couldn't be happier
Old 03-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #117
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
I couldn't get a Trans Am or Formula so I had to take what was left......

Besides that I wanted to go poke around on track days again since I've been away from anything fun for far too long. So a Crush Orange 1LE came home with me a couple weeks ago.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:56 PM   #118
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
I have enjoyed performance based cars since my teenage years. Never could afford them at that time in my life so I worked and dreamed. I fell in love with a friends new 1987 IROC Z/28 Camaro as a senior in high school. He took me for a ride and actually let me take it for a spin! I was hooked! That car had so much torque down low (for that era) and had the look and presence I loved. Then came work, family, life, kids, bills, etc; so the performance car dream was again put on hold. At 40, I told the wife, time to finally scratch an itch I’ve had since high school and she said ‘go for it’! 5 Corvettes later (!) and I was in a C7 Grand Sport Corvette when the new 6th Gen SS 1LE was released... it took me right back to that 1987 IROC Z and I had to have one! I sold the GS and bought the SS 1LE! I loved the look and driving experience with that car immensely! Then GM released the ZL1 1LE... one test drive and I was simply astounded! It was this generation Camaro’ s IROC Z/28 to me. (yeah, I know, it’s got a super charger, but you get the point).. I have been smiling ever since! This thing is amazing. Life is good.
Attached Images

Last edited by Trak-Toy; 03-16-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:01 PM   #119
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
I bought a 6th Gen Camaro SS mainly because I thought it looked extremely bad-ass. Then I found out it had a good amount of starting horsepower at 455, was faster than Mustangs, Chargers and Challengers stock for stock, and I was able to get if for under $16K with less than 2K miles on it. So I knew I could dump $ into it and give it plenty of power and make it look better (to me) all for less than what most people pay for a stock 6th Gen Camaro SS and $15K to $20K less than a ZL1, but with over double the power of a Z.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:12 PM   #120
len125

Drives: chevrolet camaro
Grew up a mile and half from a chrysler plant...owned plymouth duster, dodge dart sport, dodge dakota, and 2 dodge rams....kept breaking down, switched to GM in 2003 bought a chevy montecarlo, had that for over 111.000 miles great car. great dealership,...bought a 6th generation camaro great car great GM...
len125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:12 PM   #121
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Bored after driving GTRs for 6 years
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:32 PM   #122
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron2ss View Post
I've been a car guy since I was 7 when my dad would let me sit on his lap and let me shift and steer his 55 Ford on the road to my grandfathers farm. If course he would work the gas, clutch and brake, but I didn't care - to me I was driving. When I turned 16 My folks bought me 326 Tempest Custom (baby GTO) which I wrapped around a tree in short order. Looking for a car with the insurance money I found a 1965 Mustang K Code (Hi-Po) sittting on a dealers lot. Believe it or not, the keys were in it, so I started it up. Holy smokes, the sound was intoxicating. It had a chambered exhaust (no mufflers) and solid lifters. Under the hood were chrome valve covers and a low restriction air cleaner. I bought it and became a Ford fanatic for many years. In 1993 (last year of the Fox body Stangs) I bought a 5.0 LX coupe which I proceeded to add a supercharger and all the related performance stuff. I kept the car for 10 years and also started a Mustang club in my area which I ran for 10 years. I experienced "burn out" with the club, quit and sold the car! Still being a motor-head, I turned my attention to riding Harley motorcycles. In 2018 I dropped the bike while stopped with a turned wheel on an incline. The footboard busted up my foot, so now at 70 years old I decided to quit motorcycling. Still wanting the open air experience, I bought a 2018 Fiat 124 Spider. What a mistake. That car had more trips to the dealer that I care to remember. So, scouting around I almost settled on a GT 350, but the craving for open air motoring stopped me and Mustang GT's don't do it for me. Driving past a Chevy dealer, I saw a Riverside Blue Camaro convertible sitting out front. I made a u-turn and took a closer look. The salesmen started the car remotely from inside before coming out. WOW, I was impressed as the cold start of that npp exhaust excited my senses. Of course I knew from reading, what these SS Camaro's were all about. I fell in love on the spot, drove home to get my wife and went back for a test drive. Saying that I was impressed is an understatement. So in October of 2019 I bought my 2020 2SS Vert! Sorry for being so long winded, but that's how I came to buying what I consider to be the best car I have ever owned. It pushes all the right buttons.
Nice background story Ron! Probably should have bought a Mazda MX-5 Miata instead of the Fiat 124, but all's well that ends well when you hooked up with the 2SS convertible. Congrats.

I'm an old timer too. My first Camaro was a 1974 Z28 4-speed that was a year old with 7000 miles when I bought it as a 20 year old. Later I bought a new 1980 Z28 and then a new 1984 Z28.

No more Camaros for me in the next 30+ years, until 2018 when I got the 2SS 1LE. Unreal how far car performance has come. The 1LE is a street legal racecar. I was also considering a 2018 BMW M2, but the Camaro was a LOT more car for $10K less in terms of features and performance. Really a no-brainer.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #123
Skmzatlanta

Drives: Camaro Convertible 3LT
Graduated with a bachelors degree and when I landed my first real job I purchased an 84 Z28 with t-tops. My dream car. Drove it to my job from Indiana to California. Included driving through a foot of snow in Arizona. California costs became a challenge and had to sell it 4 years later. Wanted a 5th gen but ended up with a car that will fit 4. Glad I waited. Bought a 2020 vert. I smile every time I drive it. Luv my Camaro.
Skmzatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:31 PM   #124
gchu

Drives: Chevy Camaro
My dream car in HS was an IROC Convertible - many decades past that I finally got one that matched the one that was on the cover of the magazine I had kept from back then

After my oldest son turned 16, I sold it to buy a Regular Cab F150 XLT... which he hated as my ex wife bought him a fully Explorer

I was more than mad and even tried to reach out to buy back my Iroc.... Until it dawned on me to sell the truck (I didn't need 2 since i had a crewcab already) to finally buy what I thought was my car crush - a corvette

When I went to drive the C7, the 7+ years of mud runs beating up my knees made it painful to get in and out of. I tried to love it but just couldn't get past the fact how hard it was to get in and out of.

Dejected, I was about to leave the dealership when I saw the Camaro SS convertible (same colors as my Iroc Convertible). As soon as I drove it, I knew i was home

Now of course I am loving the C8 LOL
gchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:24 PM   #125
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
alpha platform
Same here.

Plus the updated interior on the 6th gen is a better match for the exterior than the 5th gen was, and Apple Car play availability on the 6th gen is another plus. I also got 1% financing and $5K off MSRP including employer discounts, so it was too good a deal to pass up.

I waited 25 year before everything came together to get my Camaro...best purchase decision I've made.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:56 PM   #126
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Recently purchased an SS 1LE, my first high HP car. First car way back was a beaten up 82' Mustang GT - down on power and a money pit to boot. First decent car was a 98 Integra GSR purchased after graduate school. Lots of fun, but only lasted till my kids were born. A sad day when I traded it in for a Honda Odyssey.

Always had an interest in track driving, but opportunities were limited to the highest performance go-karts I could put myself in (Rotax Tag kart was pretty cool!). Fast forward to recently and my friend gets me into Forza Motorsport and driving his 2014 Mustang GT on track. I've been bitten by the bug!! So I decide to buy a performance car to do HPDE. Considered a Mustang, but Mustang GT PP still not track ready and GT350 was pricey. Heard about the SS 1LE and once I saw how much performance you get for the money, I was sold!!!! Had it since Nov and loving it - comfortable, tasteful interior, powerful, gobs of grip, and the shifter is awesome once it's warmed up. First track event will be in April and I can't wait.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote