Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
Fast Ken

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE M6 Riverside Bl Metall
PDR Default to Record?

I tried enabling the Valet Mode. It records the next time the car is driven. Then once that session is over it does not record again unless I reprogram it. The instructions indicate that it will automatically record in Valet Mode. I have it enabled but it seems to only work when I first enable it. Is their something wrong with it or is it me?

Going through the steps every time I get in the car gets annoying. I know it is a good Track day tool but looking for the possibility of a shortcut and piece of mind knowing it is recording while out in the public.

Last edited by Fast Ken; 03-09-2021 at 06:51 PM.
Fast Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:32 PM   #2
Fast Ken

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE M6 Riverside Bl Metall
I figured it out. The PDR/Dash Cam allows itself to record when the Valet Mode box is checked. This is enabled from the Home Screen>scroll to PDR>Settings>Valet Mode Recording>Automatically Record in Valet Mode. HOWEVER, THIS WILL ONLY WORK WHEN THE CAR SETTING HAS BEEN ENABLED FOR VALET MODE. This is a separate procedure. To do this: Home>Settings>Vehicle> scroll down past Teen Driver to Valet Mode then enter a 4 digit password and then repeat to confirm. Once the car is set in Valet Mode the infotainment system, steering wheel controls and trunk is not accessible.

Keeping the car in Valet Mode to be able to automatically record every time I am in the car is not a choice with the infotainment, etc. disabled. End of story.
Fast Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:36 PM   #3
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Yes the lack of continuous recording functionality is annoying. The C8 Corvette w/ PDR and some Cadillacs have a dash cam mode that does exactly that.

When I first got my 1LE I would to go into the PDR menu, delete the old videos, and press 'Start Recording' every time I started the car (which I eventually got tired of).

It only takes some lines of code to enable and doesn't seem like it would be very hard for GM to do.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #4
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Yes but it’s not a shock sensor or anything. It only activates when the car is unlocked or driven and at that it’s not right away. I hated when I parked my car at the lot. I’m not saying to sit there for 5 min to warm up but when there moving my car to another spot the camera is already way ahead from where the car was parked… so being they literally just turned the car on and took off and the camera turned on halfway through.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote