Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-01-2021, 12:51 AM   #29
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Unfortunately GM is dumb and killing themselves ..we this forum is the only marketing they are getting
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:38 AM   #30
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
IMHO, the Camaro appeals to enthusiasts, and enthusiasts already know how it stacks up vs the competition. No ad campaign will ever boost Camaro sales above the Mopar offerings. There are just too many compromises for a DD or 2nd family car. I would take a Challenger or Charger over a 6th gen for a DD any day of the week.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:07 AM   #31
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Here’s another one that came up in sequence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrZ4vmbTvw

It’s long, but you can see Dodge’s focus. Horsepower. Fun. Pushing excitement over their product.

Yeah, there’s some stuff in there I roll my eyes at because they are either half-truths or flat out lies, but that’s not important. All that gets swept away by the reality they are, indeed, pushing power limits. That gets people excited. Hell after watching some of these, if I wasn’t a “Whole Package” consumer, I may actually want one of their products.

I asked my FiL what made him buy his V6 Charger, he said they looked good, rode nice & it was well priced. He just got a V8 wide-body so I asked him why he traded it in for that. He said the V6 was nice, but he liked the looks of the wide body, wanted more power, saw a commercial for them & that got him excited about having a faster version, & they were well priced & still rode nice.

Keep in mind he has numerous vehicles. An 01 Vette vert, Slingshot, Spyder, 4-door Jeep, Harley Trike, & a Honda 600 Scooter, plus more. His tastes are diverse, to say the least.

Will he ever have a Gen 6 Camaro? Who knows, but he appreciates them. He loved my SS & he loves my ZL1, but right now, it’s not what he wants. So ads can only go so far in convincing people to buy something. At the same time, however, consumers need to know a product exists to at least be an option & what the maker thinks makes it “Better”.

I bought my SS on a whim. I did do some research, mostly on this site, read some articles & decided to give it a shot. Well, here I am now. I wouldn’t have minded a SC’d Charger or Challenger, but the wife thinks the Camaro looks better, & I agree. I see a lot of women driving more basic Chargers & Challengers, so one can assume a good portion of women out there think differently & want different things.

At the same time a lady I know just bought a new ZL1 vert after having an SS vert. When I got mine I stopped at their dealership for her to check it out. I could tell by the look in her eye she was excited to see it & excited for hers to arrive. Her husband is is ordering a new Hellcat, or maybe the SUV version when I spoke to him last. He’s also excited about getting one.

That’s what ads have to do, let people know the product exists & get them excited enough over it to buy it. That’s it.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #32
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
OK then, how many changed their minds and now want to buy a Dodge? If the ad works so well someone should be putting their Camaro up for sale.

Don't get me wrong a cool commercial would be really awesome to see.

But when you have to claim GM is stupid, with no basis other than Stalantis is advertising their performance cars and no other data what so ever, that is frankly just wrong. They are not stupid. They have more data on the customer base and potential customer base than you or will ever see. That is why they aren't advertising the car with TV commercials.

As I've tried so many time to point out, they designed the car for a very specific customer and made compromises to the design to achieve that. All the TV commercials in the world don't overcome those.

So you can all go on and wish and want for an awesome commercial of the Camaro. But stop calling people you don't know, and don't know what they do stupid. They aren't.

To be very clear Mark Reuss, President of GM, is a HUGE car guy and one of the best in the business. One of the top leaders in the industry IMO. You are basically calling Mark stupid when you post this. His crashing a Corvette pace car in Detroit not with standing, LOL.

IF a TV commercial would profitably increase Camaro sales, they would have done it.

And again, reminding you all that Mustang also does not advertise. It's only Stalantis in this segment.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #33
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
OK then, how many changed their minds and now want to buy a Dodge? If the ad works so well someone should be putting their Camaro up for sale.

But when you have to claim GM is stupid, with no basis other than Stalantis is advertising their performance cars and no other data what so ever, that is frankly just wrong. They are not stupid. They have more data on the customer base and potential customer base than you or will ever see. That is why they aren't advertising the car with TV commercials.

As I've tried so many time to point out, they designed the car for a very specific customer and made compromises to the design to achieve that. All the TV commercials in the world don't overcome those.

So you can all go on and wish and want for an awesome commercial of the Camaro. But stop calling people you don't know, and don't know what they do stupid. They aren't.

To be very clear Mark Reuss, President of GM, is a HUGE car guy and one of the best in the business. One of the top leaders in the industry IMO. You are basically calling Mark stupid when you post this. His crashing a Corvette pace car in Detroit not with standing, LOL.

IF a TV commercial would profitably increase Camaro sales, they would have done it.

And again, reminding you all that Mustang also does not advertise. It's only Stalantis in this segment.
OMG, I remember that!

You just killed your whole argument reminding us about it.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #34
Bruizer

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I'm good with the Camaro sales lagging behind...I'd rather drive something less common. Which isn't easy at this price point.

Anyone purchasing from a pure performance standpoint comprehends what a performance bargain the Gen 6 is. Who cares if folks aren't purchasing to be utilized as a grocery getter.
Bruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #35
19coupe

Drives: '21 LT1 SSM 10spd
Because we have this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Like why can’t we have commercials like that for our Camaros

From a long time ago...
Old 01-01-2021, 11:27 AM   #36
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19coupe View Post
From a long time ago...
That was terribad on all levels.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #37
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
IMHO, the Camaro appeals to enthusiasts, and enthusiasts already know how it stacks up vs the competition. No ad campaign will ever boost Camaro sales above the Mopar offerings. There are just too many compromises for a DD or 2nd family car. I would take a Challenger or Charger over a 6th gen for a DD any day of the week.
I DD'd my 5th Gen Camaro for 5 years...been DD'ing my 6th gen for almost 4 years now. Nothing else I would rather DD. The car is just a fun car to drive. Low end tq and banging gears just seems to never get old with me. I can't understand this not a good DD thing. Its not a family car.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:15 PM   #38
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

You don't get it. The ad is for people who want performance but want to be nudged into it. They may have been sitting on the fence to buy or have secretly been intrigued for years. Ads like this just keeps them licking their chops. Its not about trading in your camaro or mustang for one. But if someone wrecked their current car it may get them into their showroom. Its called casting a net. Ads like this cost almost nothing to make in the scheme of business. You do the video and put it on Youtube. We are not talking major TV network 60 sec ads. Anyone familiar quality videography could make this ad for little or nothing. All you need is the cars, the actors and some video imagination. Shoot and post it to Youtube and other video sites, post it on Chevy's own Website for godsake.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 01-01-2021 at 01:16 PM. Reason: k
Old 01-01-2021, 01:26 PM   #39
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Here’s another one that came up in sequence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrZ4vmbTvw

It’s long, but you can see Dodge’s focus. Horsepower. Fun. Pushing excitement over their product.

Yeah, there’s some stuff in there I roll my eyes at because they are either half-truths or flat out lies, but that’s not important. All that gets swept away by the reality they are, indeed, pushing power limits. That gets people excited. Hell after watching some of these, if I wasn’t a “Whole Package” consumer, I may actually want one of their products.

I asked my FiL what made him buy his V6 Charger, he said they looked good, rode nice & it was well priced. He just got a V8 wide-body so I asked him why he traded it in for that. He said the V6 was nice, but he liked the looks of the wide body, wanted more power, saw a commercial for them & that got him excited about having a faster version, & they were well priced & still rode nice.

Keep in mind he has numerous vehicles. An 01 Vette vert, Slingshot, Spyder, 4-door Jeep, Harley Trike, & a Honda 600 Scooter, plus more. His tastes are diverse, to say the least.

Will he ever have a Gen 6 Camaro? Who knows, but he appreciates them. He loved my SS & he loves my ZL1, but right now, it’s not what he wants. So ads can only go so far in convincing people to buy something. At the same time, however, consumers need to know a product exists to at least be an option & what the maker thinks makes it “Better”.

I bought my SS on a whim. I did do some research, mostly on this site, read some articles & decided to give it a shot. Well, here I am now. I wouldn’t have minded a SC’d Charger or Challenger, but the wife thinks the Camaro looks better, & I agree. I see a lot of women driving more basic Chargers & Challengers, so one can assume a good portion of women out there think differently & want different things.

At the same time a lady I know just bought a new ZL1 vert after having an SS vert. When I got mine I stopped at their dealership for her to check it out. I could tell by the look in her eye she was excited to see it & excited for hers to arrive. Her husband is is ordering a new Hellcat, or maybe the SUV version when I spoke to him last. He’s also excited about getting one.

That’s what ads have to do, let people know the product exists & get them excited enough over it to buy it. That’s it.
Agree....god forbid anything happens to my camaro, but if it did I would look at the Challenger. Though would still again look at the Camaro. But Camaro has done little to increase the excitement because the grills and tail lamps don't look as good as my 17'. Chevy needs drastic help in marketing all of their products. They need a top down revamp.
Old 01-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #40
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Anyone remember this?

This is an independent video that someone made...but this is what got me into buying my 5th Gen Camaro. I was always interested in it but this put me over the top. I must have looked at this 30 times straight on YT....So yeh...ads do work.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 01-01-2021 at 01:37 PM. Reason: d
Old 01-01-2021, 01:42 PM   #41
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
If they actually shaked and baked, or smushed the Durango; I would've traded my car today for some hellcat.

Not really but they would've gained a hell of a lot more respect from me lol.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #42
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
Advertising does work or else it wouldn't exist.
I looked at Mustang and Challenger before purchasing.
I wanted maximum performance and dollar for dollar the Camaro
was the most modern car with the most performance.
For the record, I did not see any more significant useable rear leg room in the Mustang
or the Challenger. The front seats will go almost against the rear seats in all 3 cars.

I would really like to have a Challenger in addition to the Camaro. I think I had rather have a vintage Challenger than the new one.

Last edited by chevybill; 01-01-2021 at 02:53 PM.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote