Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-31-2020, 07:16 PM   #15
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Well, you at least made in before the naysayers.

Won't bother me one bit, will say it with or without them. If you make a vehicle and people who can afford it don't even know they still make it, you got a f!@#@#$@#$#ing problem on your hands 'cause commercials so hard to do on social media and all that
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:16 PM   #16
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Considering that slogan is synonymous with Nascar and Mopar pulled out years ago I find that amusing.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:35 PM   #17
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Considering that slogan is synonymous with Nascar and Mopar pulled out years ago I find that amusing.
And they were smart to do so, but I agree with the analogy.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:41 PM   #18
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Now this is a commercial!!!!

https://youtu.be/Bcsxq4fJnfc

Wake up in the Morning and Piss Excellence!!!!!!!
This is why Dodge Sells cars and Mary Barra is still sitting on the pot.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:46 PM   #19
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Because GM knows it won’t sell enough Camaros to pay for the add. Simple.

Number one player in the segment does the same number ads Chevy does........none.

Yes they are cool and it would make a lot of people on this site VERY happy to see a car they already know about and may hacpve already bought on a commercial. But GM knows it would barely make a dent in sales if at all.

Sorry.

No its because Chevy's marketing is non existent. They can't even run a decent you build it website that works right. Thats all part of Chevy Marketing Div. It sux.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:51 PM   #20
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
The name NASCAR is a running joke today. Not one thing thats stock on any of those cars now. Many of those NASCARS built by just a handful of builders, then they slap a Logo on them and a bunch of decals on cars few people can even relate to today.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:04 PM   #21
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Rather than focusing on if the ads work, which, let's be real here, none of us have actual data on and it's all just guesses, I think it's better to talk about the quality of the ad itself, because that is something we actually have a say in and you can collect data by viewing like-dislike ratios on YouTube, comments on social media, etc.

I like this ad because it boils down to "happy people driving cars very hard", with a bit of humour tossed in about legal disclaimers, but it works pretty well. IMO that's all you need sometimes, just keep it simple. There was a Toyota Camry commercial that was also good that's just "happy people driving cars very hard". Not as good as this Dodge one, but considering it's advertising the equivalent of a toaster of cars, it's actually amazing that they made it look exciting.

Another good one was a Kia commercial comparing the Forte to Lamborghini Aventador, which was a deliberate apple-to-orange comparison that I find entertaining as well.

We all know how horrid those "Real People, Not Actors" ads are from Chevy. About the only positive thing I can say for them is that they are great parody materials for Zebra Corner. I have heard that those ads do work, which I find extremely difficult to believe, or maybe I just have too much faith in human intelligence. Either way, it's not a good outlook for your brand that your ads only work on people with only 2 dying brain cells.

And remember, social media nowadays has a strong mob mentality. You put out an ad people like, the negative noises tend to get drown out by the people supporting you. You put out a crap ad, expect people to kick you while you are down.

So if we really want to drag the "should Chevy make ads for Camaro's", nope. I don't want my car to become a laughing stock because of some brain-dead ads Chevy puts out.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:16 PM   #22
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Rather than focusing on if the ads work, which, let's be real here, none of us have actual data on and it's all just guesses, I think it's better to talk about the quality of the ad itself, because that is something we actually have a say in and you can collect data by viewing like-dislike ratios on YouTube, comments on social media, etc.

I like this ad because it boils down to "happy people driving cars very hard", with a bit of humour tossed in about legal disclaimers, but it works pretty well. IMO that's all you need sometimes, just keep it simple. There was a Toyota Camry commercial that was also good that's just "happy people driving cars very hard". Not as good as this Dodge one, but considering it's advertising the equivalent of a toaster of cars, it's actually amazing that they made it look exciting.

Another good one was a Kia commercial comparing the Forte to Lamborghini Aventador, which was a deliberate apple-to-orange comparison that I find entertaining as well.

We all know how horrid those "Real People, Not Actors" ads are from Chevy. About the only positive thing I can say for them is that they are great parody materials for Zebra Corner. I have heard that those ads do work, which I find extremely difficult to believe, or maybe I just have too much faith in human intelligence. Either way, it's not a good outlook for your brand that your ads only work on people with only 2 dying brain cells.

And remember, social media nowadays has a strong mob mentality. You put out an ad people like, the negative noises tend to get drown out by the people supporting you. You put out a crap ad, expect people to kick you while you are down.

So if we really want to drag the "should Chevy make ads for Camaro's", nope. I don't want my car to become a laughing stock because of some brain-dead ads Chevy puts out.

Sent from toaster or something

The term ad here is being used a little biasly.

There is a difference between an all out marketing campaign and ads. When you have people who don't even know the car is still made, something needs to be done.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:01 PM   #23
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
The term ad here is being used a little biasly.

There is a difference between an all out marketing campaign and ads. When you have people who don't even know the car is still made, something needs to be done.
What car?
Old 12-31-2020, 09:31 PM   #24
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Those vehicles sit on 14 year old platforms but Dodge keeps them alive with udgrades, a sh!tload of colors and graphic stripe kits, good performing engines and exciting and aggressive marketing. For that I give them their props. Its why they sell them...good old fashion ingenuity. When the Challenger came back out they were about to Axe the car again because they were NOT selling until they began aggressive marketing. Not sure why Chevy is ashamed to hire Dodge to come up with an aggressive sales campaign for them.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:40 PM   #25
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
What car?

It's rumored to exist, not sure what it's called or if they still make it.

GM marketing genius at its finest. If you can find it you can buy it
Old 12-31-2020, 09:45 PM   #26
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
It's rumored to exist, not sure what it's called or if they still make it.

GM marketing genius at its finest. If you can find it you can buy it
Old 12-31-2020, 09:51 PM   #27
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Even Kia was smart enough to use the crue.....and Adriana Lima.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RI6OGXq11Y
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:24 PM   #28
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Dodge stole this. Reese Bobby drove a Chevelle and Ricky was born in the back seat.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote