Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-19-2020, 07:49 AM   #8121
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
ah 10-4. i didn't know the m6 cars were that much slower. one of my other friends has an 18 m6 pp1 car, id put it around 118-119 with jlt & e85 only.
Yeah, unlike our cars, there’s a big difference between a manual & auto for them. For one the M82 isn’t great, but the biggest thing is they need to stay at a high rpm to stay in the power. There’s nothing home at lower rpms on them vs the LT1, which pulls hard out of the hole, but doesn’t scream up top & doesn’t need to stay in the peak rpm range. That’s why there’s not much difference as long as you can really bang gears in our cars, but a big difference in the Mustang since the A10 allows them to stay in that peak rpm range.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #8122
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall ss1le View Post
Yeah, unlike our cars, there’s a big difference between a manual & auto for them. For one the M82 isn’t great, but the biggest thing is they need to stay at a high rpm to stay in the power. There’s nothing home at lower rpms on them vs the LT1, which pulls hard out of the hole, but doesn’t scream up top & doesn’t need to stay in the peak rpm range. That’s why there’s not much difference as long as you can really bang gears in our cars, but a big difference in the Mustang since the A10 allows them to stay in that peak rpm range.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen it explained better.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #8123
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
what kind of shift extension are the m6 coyote cars seeing with a 7800 rpm shift? i know the engines make near peak power for a good while.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:38 PM   #8124
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Ok guys, I've finished negotiating and am placing an order for a shadow gray metallic 2021 ZL1 tomorrow. I couldn't find one optioned exactly the way I want, so I decided to order my own with the following options:

A10
Carbon fiber exposed weave hood insert
Premium infotainment w/ Nav
CF shift knob cap (a little bit of a splurge but figured since I'm custom ordering, I'd get it to make the car a bit more unique)

I decided on shadow gray so that the exposed CF hood insert popped. The black makes it sort of disappear.

Dealer says it should take about 3 months. I'll wait a couple of months before I list my Mustang for sale.

Can't wait!!

I told a friend of mine, at least I'm waiting for it over the winter when I wouldn't be able to drive it every day, rather than waiting until closer to spring to order and have to wait through a bunch of nice spring days.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:47 PM   #8125
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Ok guys, I've finished negotiating and am placing an order for a shadow gray metallic 2021 ZL1 tomorrow. I couldn't find one optioned exactly the way I want, so I decided to order my own with the following options:

A10
CF shift knob cap (a little bit of a splurge but figured since I'm custom ordering, I'd get it to make the car a bit more unique)

I decided on shadow gray so that the exposed CF hood insert popped. The black makes it sort of disappear.

Dealer says it should take about 3 months. I'll wait a couple of months before I list my Mustang for sale.

Can't wait!!

I told a friend of mine, at least I'm waiting for it over the winter when I wouldn't be able to drive it every day, rather than waiting until closer to spring to order and have to wait through a bunch of nice spring days.
Congratulations! You'll absolutely love that beast.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #8126
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

A10

Can't wait!!

Welcome to the winning side, lol!! I wonder what they'll have to say over on the other forum. Anyway, Good choice and good deal. Can't wait to see pics!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:11 PM   #8127
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Congratulations on the order. I hope the car is better than you expect. My order was received in January. I received the car on April 24. Just before the really nice weather. Gave me some time to get the car detailed, PPF, ceramic and tint. Worked out pretty much perfect.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #8128
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Congratulations! You'll absolutely love that beast.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Welcome to the winning side, lol!! I wonder what they'll have to say over on the other forum. Anyway, Good choice and good deal. Can't wait to see pics!!
Ha! I haven't been very active on m6g since I went all ZL1 in my head. I'll get some pics on here as soon as I can after I get the car. BTW I posted this news here in the vs. forum because this is pretty much the only place I post here, and the only people on the site I "know" or have debated with in the past are here. I guess I'll start making the ZL1 forum a more regular occurrence as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Congratulations on the order. I hope the car is better than you expect. My order was received in January. I received the car on April 24. Just before the really nice weather. Gave me some time to get the car detailed, PPF, ceramic and tint. Worked out pretty much perfect.
Me too! So 3 months sounds about right. March has cold days here, but at least later in the month as the days start to be less cold, there's enough sun usually to go on drives. At least I have experience with relatively high powered cars on summer tires in the cold (when I was commuting every day last winter I switched to Michelin A/S 3+ for the winter). I haven't made the switch this year since I'm working from home and not commuting daily.

Anyway, I'm excited, and thanks all for the congrats. I'm looking forward to this spring!

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 12-20-2020, 09:02 PM   #8129
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Congrats on the soon-2-b-nu ZL1! Soooo... about that screenname? IdahoZl1?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:28 PM   #8130
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I've interacted with a lot of true car guys over at M6G who compliment the ZL1. Every forum has closed minded, brand loyalists though. Not much to talk about with them.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:35 PM   #8131
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
While I LOVE the looks and performance of the C8, am I the only one who thinks the C8 interior looks cheap? Especially for how much you pay for it right now with dealer markup and all.

I like the c7 interior better.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:31 PM   #8132
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Congrats on the soon-2-b-nu ZL1! Soooo... about that screenname? IdahoZl1?
Haha! I thought about that, too. Do I change it, or keep it but update the info. and avatar...hmmm, I'm not sure yet. I've got almost 500 posts with this name! At least if I change it to Idaho something y'all will still know it's me.

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 12-21-2020, 08:04 AM   #8133
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
A big congrats from me as well, and I definitely like the way you spec'd your ZL1 to your tastes.

Looking forward to seeing your progress with it, once it's in your hands and you get to start playing with it.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:06 AM   #8134
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Haha! I thought about that, too. Do I change it, or keep it but update the info. and avatar...hmmm, I'm not sure yet. I've got almost 500 posts with this name! At least if I change it to Idaho something y'all will still know it's me.
Sorry if you posted about it already, but what does your ZL1 order look like? What color?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Nice build!!