Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
Roid

Drives: 2017 "Fifty" 2SS Convt 6M
Rattle coming from front right side

Hi Everyone,

It's been driving me crazy! There is some sort of rattle, like a tree branch got stuck in somewhere, coming from front right side of the car. When I am driving it feels like front right tire area or cabin air filter area. It's not always there, it comes above 50mph, below 50 there is no noise.

I've did a quick search in the forum to see if anyone else had something similar. There are other topics and complaints about rattles but couldn't find exact same one I'm experiencing.

Now in 2 weeks I have to drive down to LA, 375+ miles almost 6+ hours, I don't want to listen all of this trip. I need it fixed.

If anyone had something similar and it has been mentioned in the forum and I couldn't find it, I am sorry.
Roid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:29 AM   #2
Roid

Drives: 2017 "Fifty" 2SS Convt 6M
Here's a video that I tried to record the sound. You might need to volume up a bit to hear it clearly. Please don't mind the video itself I was driving at the same time, couldn't focus on getting a good view

https://youtu.be/HZFzlwSKbKk
Roid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '24 Blk A10 ZL-1 Vert
There's a TSB on this issue if it's the same as mine. My 17 ZL-1 had a problem with front end rattle, and it turned out to be the sway bar end links coming loose. The nuts would back off the long bolts and the link would rattle. At first there was no engineering fix, you just tried to tighten them, but they would loosen again. Finally, I used LocTite on them and it stopped. Eventually, Chevrolet had a fix in a TSB that replaced the nuts. No problem since, and it's been over two years. Good luck!

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote