Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #15
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
As far as your exhaust goes I've seen a pretty trick setup that routes the exhaust exit through bumper on either side of license plate you'll have to make your own rear bumper bar which might be a benefit if you going to mount spoiler on it as well
Old 10-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #16
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy_tim View Post
As far as your exhaust goes I've seen a pretty trick setup that routes the exhaust exit through bumper on either side of license plate you'll have to make your own rear bumper bar which might be a benefit if you going to mount spoiler on it as well
Thanks!!!
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:10 PM   #17
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I believe you and clearly your pace proves it, but your car is waaay beyond being just a Camaro. I mean it in a good way, as in a race car
The aftermarket sway bars were a HUGE improvement then adding DSSV was another HUGE improvement. The shocks seem to allow me run the car hard even if the tires start going off.
I car apply ALOT more throttle true the turns.

This winter i would love to shed some more weight off the car. Two piece rear rotors, loose heater blower box, heat exchanger and coolant that runs thru it. Loose race passenger seat and base.
BMR solid engine mounts.
Anything i am missing?
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #18
GTASS1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
I'm not familiar with your whole build, but titanium lugs are relatively good bang for the buck for weight savings. I'm running extended studs so I needed new lugnuts anyway. Also planning on a Kirkey driver seat or other lightweight bucket for track use only.

I am seriously considering going flat bottom with front and rear diffusers, but need to wait until it's time for an exhaust upgrade. Both would be track use only so the aero solutions need to be fairly easy to remove. Thinking carbon fiber wrapped foam board and hoodpins (push pin type) to fasten to the underside of the car.
GTASS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote