Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-31-2020, 07:51 AM   #29
00Form

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Has anyone tried this?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...esonators.html
00Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:32 AM   #30
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
From what I understand, that would help with eliminating a specific frequency that you don't want. The "drone" some have experienced. I don't know that it would make a big difference in overall volume when considered across the frequency range though.

Has anyone done the Borla AND vibrant resonators by any chance? Wondering how they might fit up. My 18" vibrant resonators show up Tuesday.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #31
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post

Also, would you say the volume at WOT is significantly less? (Per my other thread, I'm trying maximize volume for track sound compliance.)

EDIT: In the other thread you mentioned 2.5" is too small. They have a 3" also... too big?

https://vibrantperformance.com/catal...42b9b5cc894759
My car is a heads/cam SS, with headers, Borla atak with NPP. It's LOUD!!!
To get my exhaust low enough for the track I put the Borla resonators in. It didn't really lower the volume at all, just got rid of the rasp. I ended up getting a stock NON NPP muffler and that really made a difference. Talking 25+ decibals worth. I have some 3 inch moroso spiral flows to weld in if I need to get it even quieter. Thunderhill is 103db, so that was my goal to start.

My plan is to just put the stock muffler in for track days only, it's a pretty easy swap.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #32
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
From what I understand, that would help with eliminating a specific frequency that you don't want. The "drone" some have experienced. I don't know that it would make a big difference in overall volume when considered across the frequency range though.

Has anyone done the Borla AND vibrant resonators by any chance? Wondering how they might fit up. My 18" vibrant resonators show up Tuesday.
I would agree with the first paragraph, did you get 3" or 2.5" vibrant?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #33
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
I got the 3” seeing that others had them fitted without needing to expand the ends. Need to find a shop to weld them in. Will plan to get them as far in front of the x pipe as I can to allow room for perhaps the Borla or more resonators if I’m still too loud.