#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-07-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Sport vs Track

Sound management and suspension aside, does anybody know what the difference between these two modes is? Thank you
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:47 PM   #2
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
The steering wheel turn radius stiffens up...

Other than what you’ve mentioned, I’m not sure...
Old 05-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #3
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Peep your Owner's Manual, it is all in there.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:19 PM   #4
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
Throttle mapping is different as well
Old 05-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #5
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Throttle mapping is different as well
Yep, I like the track throttle mapping a whole lot more, don't have to push the gas as far for response and response is quicker. Suspension feels like it gets sucked down to the road, usually good, but can be a bit harsh on rougher stuff.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:27 AM   #6
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Sound management and suspension aside, does anybody know what the difference between these two modes is? Thank you
If only there was a sticky that covered the topic in depth...

Oh, wait...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ht=demystified
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #7
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Nice, thanks everyone!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:35 AM   #8
weemus

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I'll say the sport mode almost feels overcompensated on throttle mapping to me. Its as if it is punchy or purposefully made that it feels like your stabbing the throttle which makes for fun around town and low speed roads (good for driving like hooligan). Track mode throttle mapping is noticeably more progressive and smooth which is exactly what you need when your on track, smooth=fast=safe. Definitely helps on mid corner exits putting the power down. Read the sticky posted above and play with the track mode sub settings. You'll feel the difference.
weemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:43 AM   #9
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by weemus View Post
I'll say the sport mode almost feels overcompensated on throttle mapping to me. Its as if it is punchy or purposefully made that it feels like your stabbing the throttle which makes for fun around town and low speed roads (good for driving like hooligan). Track mode throttle mapping is noticeably more progressive and smooth which is exactly what you need when your on track, smooth=fast=safe. Definitely helps on mid corner exits putting the power down. Read the sticky posted above and play with the track mode sub settings. You'll feel the difference.
Correct.
Both "Tour" and "Sport" have throttle mapping that gives the engine exaggerated throttle inputs compared to pedal input by the driver, where "Track" modes give you linear engine throttle input matching the pedal input.

When you are accustom to the "Tour/Sport" modes, "Track" mode makes the pedal feel dead even though it is actually the mapping that is more one to one.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:01 AM   #10
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Correct.
Both "Tour" and "Sport" have throttle mapping that gives the engine exaggerated throttle inputs compared to pedal input by the driver, where "Track" modes give you linear engine throttle input matching the pedal input.

When you are accustom to the "Tour/Sport" modes, "Track" mode makes the pedal feel dead even though it is actually the mapping that is more one to one.
You both just said opposite things.

IME, Sport/Comfort is progressive, which means you push it halfway, you don't get half of the response, you get less than that. You push it 3/4 of the way and it starts to ramp up fast, you push it all the way and it will react faster. For progressive to work, it has to have a lazy slope in the beginning of travel, otherwise, it's not progressive. Linear response means you push it halfway, you get half of what you are supposed to get, faster response, etc. I get the exact opposite feel that you describe, in sport/comfort it feels dead to me unless I push it nearly all the way down. In track, it response better in the mid-travel. This is probably to make it more "driveable" in sport/comfort, so you aren't breaking traction all the time.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 05-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #11
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
No PTM in sport mode...only track. You can enter competitive mode in sport mode.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #12
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post

IME, Sport/Comfort is progressive, which means you push it halfway, you don't get half of the response, you get less than that. You push it 3/4 of the way and it starts to ramp up fast, you push it all the way and it will react faster. For progressive to work, it has to have a lazy slope in the beginning of travel, otherwise, it's not progressive. Linear response means you push it halfway, you get half of what you are supposed to get, faster response, etc. I get the exact opposite feel that you describe, in sport/comfort it feels dead to me unless I push it nearly all the way down. In track, it response better in the mid-travel. This is probably to make it more "driveable" in sport/comfort, so you aren't breaking traction all the time.
You are reversed there my man.

Sport/Comfort gives you more at the beginning of the travel.

Track gives you less and is more linear. The first 1/4 of the pedal in track mode feels dead. The track mode mapping was inspired by feedback that GM received from Randy Pobst

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #13
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post

Track throttle map is linear. Sport is supposed to be also when you read the magazine article where Randy Pobst talks about telling the GM engineers it was hard to control the throttle when at the limit. He talked about how the throttle mapping used to be aggressive at the low end and dead at the top. In RC we would call that positive exponential, you get more throttle output % at lower throttle input %. This makes the car feel quicker/more responsive with less throttle input. But it also makes it harder to manage the throttle when at the limit. I can feel that in my car, Tour has more aggressive throttle mapping than Track. I haven't driven in sport enough to see if there is a difference.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #14
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
Track throttle map is linear. Sport is supposed to be also when you read the magazine article where Randy Pobst talks about telling the GM engineers it was hard to control the throttle when at the limit. He talked about how the throttle mapping used to be aggressive at the low end and dead at the top. In RC we would call that positive exponential, you get more throttle output % at lower throttle input %. This makes the car feel quicker/more responsive with less throttle input. But it also makes it harder to manage the throttle when at the limit. I can feel that in my car, Tour has more aggressive throttle mapping than Track. I haven't driven in sport enough to see if there is a difference.
Regressive would be further inputs (towards the end of the stroke) don't do much.

Again, progressive would require a lot of "dead" travel at the beginning where it wouldn't be doing much for the initial stroke, then it would "ramp up" quickly towards the end...if it was "progressive". Doesn't sound like it.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD