Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-18-2020, 11:13 AM   #6791
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
LOL, I've been off the deep end for a while now.

Well they just royally screwed themselves over. I saw a glimpse of a report that GM and the other manufacturers will be shutting down plants in 2 weeks. Or something to that effect. Which means that there will be even less 2020 C8s than there were gonna be. After the strike happened a lot of the 2020s were gonna actually have to be 2021s. Now a further delay will mean even more will be 2021s. So actual 2020s will be very limited now and highly sought after in the future. And the 2021s will be the easiest to get since there will be more than what was originally planned. These guys with early versions that just went out beating the shit out of them are gonna have C8s that nobody will want since everyone will likely want a clean unmolested version that has been taken care of properly. Hopefully I will still get my 2020. If I do then it is gonna get babied and broken in properly and not driven much. We'll see how much value it has. If I get mine and if it is an official 2020 that is. Fingers crossed.

I would say Mustang guys are the kings of "stock" cars. Or they say "well it is stock except for..." which means it ain't stock. Probably 90% of them have hidden mods or mods that they conveniently forget to mention. We caught them in that a couple years ago when several of them were making these claims but forgetting to list all their mods. Or the excuse was that they race competitively so they can't divulge all their secrets. LOL!!
They'll also claim an r888r isn't a tire after ditching a Mickey for it. If its not really a tire and doesnt matter than why not use the stock tire.... mustang youtuber logic lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #6792
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I'm glad you are still here. Blaq is absolutely delusional and he keeps proving it over and over. We could go back and prove him wrong, but he won't see our posts because he blocked us for already proving him wrong multiple times.

At least you admit to cheating, unlike alot of people.
TreedYou is cool, he's a hard fan boy but not totally delusional or in denial of reality like other ford(and some gm as well) guys have been.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:58 PM   #6793
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I can't see why, when all the subsequent years will be the exact same car. '53 and '54 Vette are valuable due to low production numbers, and special body work for those two years only.

That's not how modern Vettes are being produced. The ONLY modern Corvette to have a similar scenario is the 1 year only 2019 ZR1. If I were a betting man, my money is on the ZR1 holding value more than any other production Corvette in the last 40 years.

As long as Corvettes continue to progress, the 20 C8 Z51 will just be another used car.

What we’ve seen of the C8 this far is equivalent to the 2016 SS. Attention getting at that moment but quickly eclipsed. Some wicked Corvette’s are coming.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:22 PM   #6794
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
My information was incorrect. They are not shutting down facilities. They are enhancing precautions to protect their workers against the virus spread. So their should hopefully be no further delays.
No, I think you got it right the first time Blaq. All 3, and some imports will be shutting down until at least the 30th.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/gene...urces-say.html

Last edited by JB'sZL1; 03-18-2020 at 02:38 PM.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:37 PM   #6795
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I can't see why, when all the subsequent years will be the exact same car. '53 and '54 Vette are valuable due to low production numbers, and special body work for those two years only.

That's not how modern Vettes are being produced. The ONLY modern Corvette to have a similar scenario is the 1 year only 2019 ZR1. If I were a betting man, my money is on the ZR1 holding value more than any other production Corvette in the last 40 years.
Only reason I think it might is because it's the first year of the ME vette that has been talked about as a possibility for 40 some years then add in running out of parts for the carbon package, the super short model year. But yeah you are right, it's just another mass produced car.

I would say guessing the ZR1 holds value better is fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I never said all c8s would be low 11s cars. If anything my position has been that aside from its traction advantave once they're rolling they're not that that much faster than c7s.

I've had this exact argument with the ford trolls claiming all gt500s are 10.7 cars like stangmodes "stock" gt500 amd ignoring all the stock AND tuned gt500s that were runninh 11s at the strip.
that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just with all the nonsense back and forth about how GM's are usually more consistent and easier to drive just thought it was funny one of the first real world owner tests we saw was the 11.5 and then one breaking is all.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #6796
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

As long as Corvettes continue to progress, the 20 C8 Z51 will just be another used car.

What we’ve seen of the C8 this far is equivalent to the 2016 SS. Attention getting at that moment but quickly eclipsed. Some wicked Corvette’s are coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Only reason I think it might is because it's the first year of the ME vette that has been talked about as a possibility for 40 some years then add in running out of parts for the carbon package, the super short model year. But yeah you are right, it's just another mass produced car.

that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just with all the nonsense back and forth about how GM's are usually more consistent and easier to drive just thought it was funny one of the first real world owner tests we saw was the 11.5 and then one breaking is all.
Agreed with both. Lots of hype for a first-ever ME Corvette, but the hype over the base with be all but forgotten with the first Z model release.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:49 PM   #6797
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Let me clarify what I meant.

The 2020 C8 is a mass produced car of course. However it is already going to be short supply because of the strike. So whatever amount of 2020 C8s there were supposed to be, there will be less. Some of the C8s that were supposed to be 2020 MY are going to be 2021 MY. That was due to the strike.

Now we have another setback in the way of the Coronavirus. The plants are going to shut down yet again. Meaning that now even less will be produced. So whatever the diminished number would have been, it will be even less. On top of hooligans beating the shit out of them right off the dealership floor.

So sure there will be plenty of Base and Z51 C8s. But the 2020 MY will have much less actual units than the subsequent MYs will. Which will make a clean low mileage well taken care of 2020 C8 much harder to find than the others. So it is possible that a 2020 MY C8 might retain more value than the subsequent MYs.

Along those lines the 2021 will have more units than any other year since a bunch of 2020s will be 2021s. So a 2021 will be much easier to find and probably will hold less value. Am I saying a Base 1LT will be worth $90K? No. But it might be worth slightly more due to there being lesser units.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:43 AM   #6798
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

The 2020 C8 is a mass produced car of course. However it is already going to be short supply because of the strike. So whatever amount of 2020 C8s there were supposed to be, there will be less. Some of the C8s that were supposed to be 2020 MY are going to be 2021 MY. That was due to the strike.

Now we have another setback in the way of the Coronavirus. The plants are going to shut down yet again. Meaning that now even less will be produced. So whatever the diminished number would have been, it will be even less. On top of hooligans beating the shit out of them right off the dealership floor.

So sure there will be plenty of Base and Z51 C8s. But the 2020 MY will have much less actual units than the subsequent MYs will. Which will make a clean low mileage well taken care of 2020 C8 much harder to find than the others. So it is possible that a 2020 MY C8 might retain more value than the subsequent MYs.

Along those lines the 2021 will have more units than any other year since a bunch of 2020s will be 2021s. So a 2021 will be much easier to find and probably will hold less value. Am I saying a Base 1LT will be worth $90K? No. But it might be worth slightly more due to there being lesser units.
One way to test this theory is to check the value of C4 ZR1. For the record, I have not done this check, so I don't know the answer to the question I'm about to ask.

Is there a noticeable difference in going price for 1989 - 92 ZR1 compared to 1993-95 ZR1? There are some hp differences between the 2 groups, but most C4 ZR1s (about 7,000 or so) are 89 - 92. There were less than 1,000 per year produced 93 - 95, so they are rare among the rare. Does that drive a higher price?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:26 AM   #6799
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Shortages of 2020’s will make their value higher until the identical 2021’s arrive to satisfy the demand.

GM isn’t creating demand -to make them “special”- by limiting availability ....like ....say ...the Shelby or Ford GT. Your 20 C8 Z51 will be special for one year.

Similar to when I bought my first car; a 84 blue Monte Carlo SS. It was limited and hot until the 85s arrived in high numbers. Then, the only thing special was the blue paint color.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #6800
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
One way to test this theory is to check the value of C4 ZR1. For the record, I have not done this check, so I don't know the answer to the question I'm about to ask.

Is there a noticeable difference in going price for 1989 - 92 ZR1 compared to 1993-95 ZR1? There are some hp differences between the 2 groups, but most C4 ZR1s (about 7,000 or so) are 89 - 92. There were less than 1,000 per year produced 93 - 95, so they are rare among the rare. Does that drive a higher price?
Agreed with Jim. The noticeable difference in values for C4 ZR1s are in mileage and condition + options (color, etc) - not production numbers by year.

The same goes for C6 ZR1s. Other than the updated performance option in 2012 and better seats for 2012 and 2013 - it's all mileage and condition based values. Little hint, the 2009 ZR1s set the fastest 1/4 mile times and didn't have the selective ride control of the 2010-2013s. They also produced just over 4000 over the 5 year run, which is just under 1000 more than 2019 ZR1s produced in just one production year.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 03-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #6801
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
LOL, I've been off the deep end for a while now.

I would say Mustang guys are the kings of "stock" cars. Or they say "well it is stock except for..." which means it ain't stock. Probably 90% of them have hidden mods or mods that they conveniently forget to mention. We caught them in that a couple years ago when several of them were making these claims but forgetting to list all their mods. Or the excuse was that they race competitively so they can't divulge all their secrets. LOL!!
Now just admit that being off the deep end makes you wrong and we will have some progress here.

Yes the Mustang guys like to hide mods, but per oldman see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
There are two kinds of racers, cheaters and losers, take your pick.
Touche

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
They'll also claim an r888r isn't a tire after ditching a Mickey for it. If its not really a tire and doesnt matter than why not use the stock tire.... mustang youtuber logic lol
I think the tire argument is worthless. No one is showing up to a drag race they care about winning on a stock tired anything. If a car is true stock on a DR it's still a stock car, it just has traction now. But society has decided we must call a tire or an alignment a mod now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

I mostly agree with this, but Blaq does have a point that the 2020 C8 is going to be severely limited by the strike and the Wuhan Boomer Remover, so it might help their value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think a $120k car will fall more in value than a $60k car, but % wise maybe it will fair better.

Quote:
I agree with your logic here, but please drive your car and don't count on it appreciating in value.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #6802
NW-99SS

We should really define the period of time for discussion purposes. Will the 2020s hold value for a slightly lengthened period of time due to production halting? Of course, but it's simple supply and demand after that. Once the plants are fired back up, and the supply/demand balance for base C8 Stingrays is found - whether that be the end of 2021 MY or 2022 - the 2020s will at that point in time, suffer depreciation as with any first year Corvette gen.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 03-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #6803
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Betting on cars being collectors' items in the future is a tough bet. Many of us don't have the 40 years or so of runway needed. Are there enough 12-21 year-olds that will see the 2020 C8 as their poster car or car of their dreams. That has driven a bit of the muscle car mania in the recent years. Either the now older and wealthier ~65 year old sees his dream car or a car that was owned in their youth and now the longing and dollars line up again to drive the collectible stature of the car.

It is my guess that the 2020 C8 will likely not be a collectible item. There are not going to be any of the things that make a car more collectible. There will not be a 427 Cu In fuelee option. There isn't going to be a 4 on the floor option. There isn't going to be an A/C delete option or A/C add option. Each C8 will have a LT2 engine with an 8 speed DCT. Each will have A/C and XX other options. I personally don't think the type of seats and more safety features will make a car more or less collectible.

That's my guess. I don't have the runway to make the bet, even if I wanted to.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #6804
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
Betting on cars being collectors' items in the future is a tough bet. Many of us don't have the 40 years or so of runway needed. Are there enough 12-21 year-olds that will see the 2020 C8 as their poster car or car of their dreams. That has driven a bit of the muscle car mania in the recent years. Either the now older and wealthier ~65 year old sees his dream car or a car that was owned in their youth and now the longing and dollars line up again to drive the collectible stature of the car.

It is my guess that the 2020 C8 will likely not be a collectible item. There are not going to be any of the things that make a car more collectible. There will not be a 427 Cu In fuelee option. There isn't going to be a 4 on the floor option. There isn't going to be an A/C delete option or A/C add option. Each C8 will have a LT2 engine with an 8 speed DCT. Each will have A/C and XX other options. I personally don't think the type of seats and more safety features will make a car more or less collectible.

That's my guess. I don't have the runway to make the bet, even if I wanted to.
Exactly - and the 2021s, 2022s will also all be exactly the same. It's a new Corvette, drive the wheels off it!
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2