Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2020, 09:31 PM   #57
cosmos366

Drives: 2004 GTO
So, how about just leaving the damn thing in your pocket?

Sorry, truck driver here. You wouldn't believe the things I see everyday because of people using their phones when they should be DRIVING. Everyone thinks they can do both, that they aren't distracted, they are wrong.

Please, for yourself, and your loved ones, leave it in your pocket. Everything can wait until your 20 minute commute is over.

Sorry for the rant...
Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 AM   #58
Idyll
lost between two shores

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos366 View Post

Sorry, truck driver here. You wouldn't believe the things I see everyday because of people using their phones when they should be DRIVING. Everyone thinks they can do both, that they aren't distracted, they are wrong.

Please, for yourself, and your loved ones, leave it in your pocket. Everything can wait until your 20 minute commute is over.

Sorry for the rant...

This isn't about the ability to use the phone while driving - it's about a safe and secure place to hold the phone while driving.

And keeping a large iPhone 11 Max Pro in your pocket while sitting in a heavily bolstered seat simply isn't an option.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:04 AM   #59
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I just plug the phone in, place it in the little rectangular nook behind the center console and work off the built in screen. It's bigger than the phone screen and it's not illegal to touch it while driving (in Georgia holding or touching your phone while driving is a traffic violation). I can get Waze on the center screen anyway, so why use the phone screen?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #60
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

Sorry for the rant...
Huh?

People use their phones as navigation screens and for hands-free, voice commanded calling.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:06 AM   #61
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I don’t really need to look at my phone... Car has Bluetooth and CarPlay. As far as storage I usually go with cup holder, or spot behind center consol or passenger seat or pocket...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:12 PM   #62
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:

Sorry for the rant...
but how else will they travel the same roads they use 99% of the time without navigation? driving to work and all of the places around their home is tough. it’s imperative they be entertained through calls, texts, social media, or anything else. being bored is a terrible thing.

they cannot detach, we know this bc it’s painfully obvious. every stop light, every restroom break, every free minute at the dinner table must be consumed by use of a cell phone. put it away? pff. they’re way too important and their friends and family could not possibly survive such blasphemy. silly truck driver. youre responsible for operating a 40 ton wrecking ball on public roadways, what do you know about driving and general driving behaviors?

we all know that hands free use of a cell phone totally eliminates the distraction. and having the phone fixed to the vehicle for easy reading and use is safe.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:18 PM   #63
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
How many times have you gotten out of your car just to realize you left your wallet in the tray beside your seat? LOL

LOL...happened a couple of times at first, but now I've developed a habit pattern of grabbing my phone and wallet as I shut down. It's so ingrained, it's not an issue anymore!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:06 AM   #64
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:

Sorry for the rant...
If your going to talk on the phone, hands free or not, might as well knock back a few beers before you head out. Result is about the same.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....72006777724471
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #65
Idyll
lost between two shores

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
If your going to talk on the phone, hands free or not, might as well knock back a few beers before you head out. Result is about the same.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....72006777724471

What's the difference between a hands-free conversation and a conversation with a passenger?
Old 03-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #66
MarkSS1958

Drives: "19" 2SS 4xBlack "16" Ram 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
I did the same.

I drilled a small hole (just enough to fit the connector at the end of the cable) in the rear bottom corner of the console storage area. The cable goes from the USB port back through the hole and then it goes forward towards the dashboard tucked under the plastic sides of the console. It comes out near the cargo pocket and I keep it coiled neat in the pocket when not plugged into the phone. Clean install, and leaves no trace if I remove the cargo pocket and cable.
I'm trying to decide between these 2 examples . If I can come up with a nice clean finish I'm considering drilling out the back of the console (for android auto connection) and do this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I just plug the phone in, place it in the little rectangular nook behind the center console and work off the built in screen. It's bigger than the phone screen and it's not illegal to touch it while driving (in Georgia holding or touching your phone while driving is a traffic violation). I can get Waze on the center screen anyway, so why use the phone screen?
MarkSS1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #67
Road Pressence

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel ZLE
Wiz gear magnetic mount and carbon fiber dash piece ftw. Mount is super secure.

Road Pressence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:07 PM   #68
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Pressence View Post
Wiz gear magnetic mount and carbon fiber dash piece ftw. Mount is super secure.

Cool. Link?

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:08 PM   #69
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I use a proclip base and an amazon magnetic mount

Old 03-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #70
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
In CA, you cannot have anything center mounted on dash or glass. It's considered an obstruction. Some of these phones are getting bigger and this makes sense to me.
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote