Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-03-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Chassis Noise possible BMR Toe Bars

Has anyone else experienced cabin noise from BMR toe bars? The rear end of my ZL1 is all BMR and through painful elimination of variables I’m down to toe bars and sway bar end links.

Appreciate your input.
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #2
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Are your trailing arms the adjustable ball bearing type or fixed with poly bushings? I switched to the poly set for trailing arms because I found they were adding a noticeable amount of NVH and were binding up unless I cleaned and greased them every two weeks - my car is driven year round and parked outside quite often in the northeast though, so there's that. I haven't had any problems with the toe bar (clean and lube it with every oil change). I don't have the sway bar end links installed yet.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
I have the BMR chassis braces the front of rear cradle, and the rear of rear cradle, along with a halo tunnel brace. The car does creak and squeak more when going over bumps, but I no longer have wheelhop and the car feels much more planted when i romp on it from a dead stop.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:57 AM   #4
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The factory rear toe links (at least on the ZL1 1LE) are a rubber boot covered heim joint style end, there is zero give or deflection in the arm due to this, it blows my mind that people will take off this perfectly good part and replace with with a poorly designed aftermarket link and pay money for it?
Old 03-06-2020, 12:40 AM   #5
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
there is zero give or deflection in the arm due to this
I'd look up some videos of the rear suspension under load... Chevy had to cut corners somewhere, and those thin stamped rear suspension arms are definitely a compromise. Would I want some proper forged aluminum arms with better, or at least better protected, joints? Sure. For the price though, BMR stuff definitely makes a difference.