Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-14-2020, 02:40 PM   #43
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
That,

You can get your build sheet by emailing socialmedia@gm.com with your VIN. You can get a window sticker (different format but has all the relevant stuff) for $8 at www.monroneylabels.com. Both will definitively tell you what options, etc, and the original MSRP of your car.
Thank you! I’ll check that out so I can have even more proof because at this point I’m over going back and forth with salesmen about remote start.
10’ Lexus ES 350
17’ Mercedes-Benz E300 4Matic (Totaled)
20' Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4Matic - Loaded
ThatMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #44
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Congrats! Did you check the dealer web site? Sometimes they have a link to a PDF of the window sticker.
Thanks! No the dealer didn’t have the window sticker on their site. Which is probably because they don’t want to be in situations like this. The General Manager is supposed to be calling me later today, so I’ll see what he says and if he can’t make this right. I’m canceling this deal and going else where.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 02-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #45
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

UPDATE: Me and the General Manager had some words...Just because I kept telling him over and over the car is equipped with remote start and he REFUSES to give me the remote start fobs and is denying the fact that the car has remote start. Throughout our entire conversation he was becoming more and more like an asshole and kept having smart and rude remarks, he really got upset when I told him that this is unacceptable and if they can’t make this right we need to undo the deal. He got so upset that he said “we will happily return your full payment and your trade in”.

So Me and my wife had a conversation about this and thought about how shady and ignorant the dealership has been throughout the entire ordeal. We came to the conclusion of a return so I will be returning the car tomorrow and getting my trade in back along with my FULL PAYMENT. This might be one the most ignorant reasons to return a car but I was never going to return it until the GM was talking to me as if I was incompetent. His shitty attitude plus the fact that they literally refused to give me the remote start fobs was enough for me and my wife...I will not be spending my money only to be disrespected & lied too by the staff. Disgusting behavior. It never was my intention to return it but their behavior is inexcusable. I’ll be buying another car just not from them. All over a stupid remote start! They could’ve GAVE me the fobs instead of denying that the car has remote start and this all could’ve been avoided. This is rising my stress levels to be completely honest.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 02-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #46
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:42 PM   #47
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMaro View Post
UPDATE: Me and the General Manager had some words...Just because I kept telling him over and over the car is equipped with remote start and he REFUSES to give me the remote start fobs and is denying the fact that the car has remote start. Throughout our entire conversation he was becoming more and more like an asshole and kept having smart and rude remarks, he really got upset when I told him that this is unacceptable and if they can’t make this right we need to undo the deal. He got so upset that he said “we will happily return your full payment and your trade in”.

So Me and my wife had a conversation about this and thought about how shady and ignorant the dealership has been throughout the entire ordeal. We came to the conclusion of a return so I will be returning the car tomorrow and getting my trade in back along with my FULL PAYMENT. This might be one the most ignorant reasons to return a car but I was never going to return it until the GM was talking to me as if I was incompetent. His shitty attitude plus the fact that they literally refused to give me the remote start fobs was enough for me and my wife...I will not be spending my money only to be disrespected & lied too by the staff. Disgusting behavior. It never was my intention to return it but their behavior is inexcusable. I’ll be buying another car just not from them. All over a stupid remote start! They could’ve GAVE me the fobs instead of denying that the car has remote start and this all could’ve been avoided. This is rising my stress levels to be completely honest.
This is fact a very good reason to return the car because:

1. There's something fishy about a late model car without the proper fobs.
2. The dealer is an asshole and will continue to be an asshole when and if other problems arise.

And in the future, you can avoid all the drama by being fully informed about the product you are buying before you buy it. I have seen on this forum people buying cars FROM DEALERS not only with the wrong fobs, but with only one fob, and then complaining about the dealer. Best to just walk away when you encounter shit like this and do your part putting them out of business!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:03 PM   #48
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
No. I’m not leaving I’m getting another 6th gen as soon as I get my trade and money back tomorrow. I already have my car scheduled to be appraised tomorrow at another dealer and I know they are going to give me 2k more for my trade.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 02-14-2020, 08:19 PM   #49
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
This is fact a very good reason to return the car because:

1. There's something fishy about a late model car without the proper fobs.
2. The dealer is an asshole and will continue to be an asshole when and if other problems arise.

And in the future, you can avoid all the drama by being fully informed about the product you are buying before you buy it. I have seen on this forum people buying cars FROM DEALERS not only with the wrong fobs, but with only one fob, and then complaining about the dealer. Best to just walk away when you encounter shit like this and do your part putting them out of business!
I’m glad we’re making the decision to return it. No point in them lying about the fobs and NO REASON for the GM to be such an asshat. When I bought my 14 I knew exactly what I was getting feature wise. This dealer is one of the worst I’ve ever purchased a vehicle from (for starters the car was covered in mud/dirt when I test drove it). Overall I’m glad I’m undoing the deal. Thankfully I didn’t finance this car so I don’t have to be worried about a bank not wanting to undo the deal. They better have my check and car up front tomorrow when I arrive. Can’t wait to let the GM have it tomorrow. They have some shitty PUSHY ass salesmen who don’t know a nickel from a dime. Worst car buying experience ever. Every time I look at the car it makes me even more upset about the entire situation. Gosh can’t wait till tomorrow. I’ll be the FIRST person there.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 02-14-2020, 09:08 PM   #50
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Good luck, but don’t feed more gasoline on the fire tomorrow if you can help it.

Cooler heads will get you out of there with your dough and original vehicle intact. I’m not saying hide from the issue or walk away feeling you left points on the field, just don’t let it escalate. Make it a surgical strike. In and out, sayonara. Save your energy for negotiating on a vehicle from a responsible dealer!
Old 02-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #51
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Get the proof before you turn that car in! Take a photo of the RPO sticker in the trunk and GET the build sheet from socialmedia@gm.com. It’s free and will PROVE the car is equipped with remote start. Imagine their response when you show them the build sheet that proves the car is equipped with remote start.
I looked at the 18 brochure and it clearly says the 1LT comes with it, and the 2LT has everything the 1LT has and ADDS further equipment.
Very suspicious that the car doesn’t have the correct fobs to begin with. Probably best you’re getting your money back in the end.
I’d still want the proof to go to GM and complain about. You should actually email the socialmedia folks this story. Bet they follow up.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:07 PM   #52
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Good luck, but don’t feed more gasoline on the fire tomorrow if you can help it.

Cooler heads will get you out of there with your dough and original vehicle intact. I’m not saying hide from the issue or walk away feeling you left points on the field, just don’t let it escalate. Make it a surgical strike. In and out, sayonara. Save your energy for negotiating on a vehicle from a responsible dealer!
I'll try to not to escalate the situation but that GM will get the worst of me if he does something ignorant. I'm bringing the wife along because I know that if I get too hot-headed that she'll shut me down and take control over the situation until I cool down. I only want to be there for an hour tops. Taking my car and my money and I'm running out of that dealership. I can't believe I wasted my time, next car most likely won't be a 2LT but oh well I can do without leather seats.

I should've stuck with Don Bulluck Chevy (I bought my 5th gen from them) because they had outstanding service. Whenever I had a concern or problem they would go above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied. Top-notch service.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 PM   #53
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Get the proof before you turn that car in! Take a photo of the RPO sticker in the trunk and GET the build sheet from socialmedia@gm.com. It’s free and will PROVE the car is equipped with remote start. Imagine their response when you show them the build sheet that proves the car is equipped with remote start.
I looked at the 18 brochure and it clearly says the 1LT comes with it, and the 2LT has everything the 1LT has and ADDS further equipment.
Very suspicious that the car doesn’t have the correct fobs to begin with. Probably best you’re getting your money back in the end.
I’d still want the proof to go to GM and complain about. You should actually email the socialmedia folks this story. Bet they follow up.
The dealer didn't care about proof at all. I've shown them YouTube reviews of cars the EXACT same as mine with remote start and they still don't want to agree that the car has a remote start so obviously they have some shady bs going on. GM North America will be hearing about this. They are probably lying about the previous owner being an old guy as well. Who knows whats happened to this car. Glad I'm getting my money back as well.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 02-15-2020, 06:33 AM   #54
TP2SS

YouTube is not proof.

Look at the RPO decal and tell us if it has MX0 and BTV! I’m sure it must but it’s the only definitive thing to prove it has remote start.

That is a GM document and cannot be disputed, period!

Keep us posted and let us know what corporate has to say. You could also try the regional dealership director too. They could “school” this dealership.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
Old 02-15-2020, 07:50 AM   #55
TP2SS

ThatMaro,

Let me start by saying I’m on your side here, so don’t bite my head off for positing the following:

Perhaps your car is an LS, as the dealer listed. You never mentioned why you thought it was a 2LT. Here’s what’s throwing me off: you say the car has the tech pkg. The tech pkg was not available on the 2LT, only the LS and 1LT. It’s only the 8” MyLink with Bose. That’s standard on a 2LT.

You could very well have an LS with the following options that were available on the LS:
3.6 V6
Tech pkg
RS pkg.

That would make the car seem like a 2LT when in fact it isn’t. The LS does not have remote start and it isn’t available as an option.

The definitive things that would tell you if it’s a 1LT or above would be paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. Does it have those?
To have leather seats (you implied you could do without them so I’m assuming you have them or think you do) you have to have a 2LT.

If you have paddle shifters and leather, it’s a 2LT no doubt.

Again, the build sheet and monroney label are your final arbiter.
I would get those things and find out for sure. If in fact it’s an LS, you might want to apologize to the dealer and just keep the car, it sounds nice and would be worth keeping if this was all just a misunderstanding.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes

Last edited by TP2SS; 02-15-2020 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:09 AM   #56
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
OP, keep cool, calm, and collected. Remember, this is merely a business transaction. You are indeed fortunate to be able to undo the whole deal. Be thankful and take the high road, no matter what the dealer does or says.

My advice: Insist on getting a copy of the window sticker for any future purchase. This will prevent any shenanigans. A dealer can get a PDF copy of the window sticker.