#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-22-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
PPF Issue

Afternoon Everyone,

I need some opinions as to what this is?

Background, my daughters Toyota CH-R. Just picked up from the PPF/Tint business and of course I found this on the bumper. Had the technical come out and he is telling me it is a nick in the paint. Of course, I have a different opinion as to what it looks like to me. The car was driven about 3 weeks before the PPF application and I have no idea whether there was a nick there when I dropped it off. Wasn't going to argue with the tech in the middle of the parking lot, know the owner, and I will deal with him. Anyway, any thoughts, ideas, what it might be are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Name:  IMG_9861.jpeg
Views: 372
Size:  222.3 KB
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:58 AM   #2
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Man thats a tough one. A BB or pellet gun? something traveling fast or something with a sharp point that is sturdy like a phillips head . it seems almost perfectly round. where on the car is it? That might help with the guessing
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
Man thats a tough one. A BB or pellet gun? something traveling fast or something with a sharp point that is sturdy like a phillips head . it seems almost perfectly round. where on the car is it? That might help with the guessing

It is on the passenger side of the front bumper.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:52 PM   #4
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: '23 CT5-V BW, '21 Corvette HTC
I tend to agree with the tech that it's likely a nick in the paint.

A similar thing happened to me when PPF was applied to my car. I discovered this white spot under the PPF on the front splitter after I got home. It ended up being a nick in the paint that neither I or the shop caught before applying the film. I had less than 600 miles on my car at the time the film was installed. The film tends to magnify any defects underneath it so the nick probably isn't as big as it appears which is why you may have missed it.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #5
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
I have experienced that on used cars I've had the film done on, really magnifies any chips.
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote