Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #603
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Mike, with all the settings on the throttle controller, which setting would be closest to 1:1?

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:10 PM   #604
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #605
ZarusSS

Drives: Chevy Camaro
If the battery is not disconnected after installing will it just take longer for the ECM to re-learn?
ZarusSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #606
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZarusSS View Post
If the battery is not disconnected after installing will it just take longer for the ECM to re-learn?
Most times the learning goes unnoticed even if you do not disconnect the battery. Yes, it takes longer, about 10 driving cycles. If you decide to go this way please do at least the steps in bold red font in the instructions.

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #607
LinPark

Drives: 2017 2SS Vert Hyper Blue A8
Very interested in this product for my mostly stock car - any concerns with doing all of the "training" of the ECU again in a very cold environment with a winter setup on the vehicle? Thanks!
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #608
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
Very interested in this product for my mostly stock car - any concerns with doing all of the "training" of the ECU again in a very cold environment with a winter setup on the vehicle? Thanks!
Thanks for your interest, LinPark. No concerns, as it will compensate for temp, altitude, humidity, etc. The only thing is that it takes a few driving cycles; can you drive over there these days?
Old 11-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #609
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I'm hoping to install mine next week. Quick question, did you guys ever make any progress on a throttle body spacer/adapter that smooths out the trasnsitions from intake manifold to spacer/adapter to throttle body for the zr1 tb?
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #610
LinPark

Drives: 2017 2SS Vert Hyper Blue A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Thanks for your interest, LinPark. No concerns, as it will compensate for temp, altitude, humidity, etc. The only thing is that it takes a few driving cycles; can you drive over there these days?
First snow fall was Monday evening and the high Tuesday was in the 20's. Put my Michelin X-Ice's on Sunday just in time. Can definitely drive but it is nowhere near as fun. Guess I will add this to my Christmas list!
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:04 AM   #611
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have one of Mikes TB’s on my C7 GS an it has made the car feel crisp like it should be also ran the car a full day at NCM without that first hiccup!!! There was no stumble or hesitation coming up out corners, I didn’t drive in manual mode using the paddles because I’m still learning.
Waiting on a LS3 version for my Gen5 SS hint hint Mike!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:16 PM   #612
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
I'm hoping to install mine next week. Quick question, did you guys ever make any progress on a throttle body spacer/adapter that smooths out the trasnsitions from intake manifold to spacer/adapter to throttle body for the zr1 tb?
Booher, sorry we have a design for LT5 to Stock Manifold adapter but no parts on hand yet. Is this your setup?

If you send us your adapter we'll do the work just for the experience and for your feedback on it. If your manifold snout has been ported we'll need the size/diameter at the inlet surface where it meets the adapter.

Please, e-mail us if you are interested.

Thanks,
Old 11-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #613
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Thanks, oldblue75. Good to see you are here too. Much more projects than time. There will be a time for the LS3/LS7/LS9 though, I hope we can get to it while there is still demand. Let's see.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:58 PM   #614
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
First snow fall was Monday evening and the high Tuesday was in the 20's. Put my Michelin X-Ice's on Sunday just in time. Can definitely drive but it is nowhere near as fun. Guess I will add this to my Christmas list!
Thanks. You are one of the brave ones. Anyway, you just need to safely reach 44 pmh and let decelerate, do that a few times and that is all the learning it needs while driving. The rest is done before that, in a few minutes, in your garage.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #615
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Ported snouts on the stock IM is 91mm
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #616
ZarusSS

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Just want to give Mike and the team at Soler Performance two thumbs up. I installed their TB early this week and the difference in response is night and day. Looking forward to purchasing their TC once the weather gets better this spring. Awesome job guys!!!
ZarusSS is offline   Reply With Quote