Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #43
blackgloves

Drives: 1987 Iroc Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
For less than $10k more, you could get a brand new 2019 Challenger Hellcat.
And so it begins

Former:
2019 2SS (Crush)
1978 Z28
2006 SS/SC Cobalt
2001 Z28
1999 Chevy S-10 Extreme
1972 Z28
1984 Z28
blackgloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #44
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Been kicking around the idea of trading my Fifty in on a Scat Pack WideBody. Now that the cars are readily available, I've had a chance to drive a couple. While I will admit that the Challanger is big and heavy, the Widebody suspension and tire package make it a blast to drive. It's not nimble but it is very fun to push. The sound is amazing and the ZF automatic is light years ahead of the clunky 8-speed in our cars.

Is it a track car? No... Is it fast, Fun and a hell of a lot more comfortable for a lot less money...? YES.

Does it look better than my 2017 Fifty? No but it doesn't look any worse. Does it look better than the current Camaro SS.. We all know that answer.

At this point. If I was comparing the Scat Pack widebody to the 2020 Camaro the choice would be obvious. I would buy the Scat Pack and never look back.

Last edited by init4fun; 10-16-2019 at 10:19 AM.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:01 AM   #45
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Been kicking around the idea of trading my Fifty in on a Scat Pack WideBody. Now that the cars are readily available, I've had a chance to drive a couple. While I will admit that the Challanger is big and heavy, the Widebody suspension and tire package make it a blast to drive. It's not nimble but it is very fun to push. The sound is amazing and the ZF automatic is light years ahead of the clunky 8-speed in our cars.

Is it a track car? No... Is it fast, Fun and a hell of a lot more comfortable for a lot less money...? YES.
I test drove the widebody last night and holy shit! The sales guy got it up past 100 and exited a ramp at 76mph and holy shit! Did it handle that well. I was impressed .
A lot better than the regular scat pack with the 245s
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:52 AM   #46
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
I test drove the widebody last night and holy shit! The sales guy got it up past 100 and exited a ramp at 76mph and holy shit! Did it handle that well. I was impressed .
A lot better than the regular scat pack with the 245s
Grip can do wonders!!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #47
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgloves View Post
I test drove both not long ago and have a 2019 2SS

For me, I can't get pass the feeling of a Camaro. It's just buried deep in my soul. The Camaro feels like you're sitting in a cramped cockpit and I love that. The Challenger is the polar opposite, its spacious and feels like a typical car as far as the seating and interior.

I've owned many Camaro's over my time. The Challenger looks great and Is the perfect car for many. But give me little room and the feeling that I'm strapped into a fighter jet over the vintage muscle car interior

Yeh the Camaro sort 0f fits like a good glove. Like an extension of yourself. Look in the direction you want to go and it turns for you.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:29 AM   #48
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
If you put 4 people in a 6th gen, two of them are going to be pissed off midgets!
Thats not true I have had people from 5'3 to 5"9 in the back of mine. They said it was no problem. The person in the passenger seat was up enough to provide about 5" of leg space in the back. I do admit I have never had anyone sit directly behind me and I also think my seat is about right in the middle to rear of the seat frame.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #49
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I’ve seen that video and it’s awesome. Can’t tell if he’s using nls though.
Imagine if Chevy had the Brains to use just a portion of that track run in an ad. Who here believes it would sell cars?
Old 10-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #50
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
So the deal I had for the Camaro 35K OTD went out the door when they told me it sold AS SOON as I went in the dealer.
The best they could give me was 39K OTD on a 1SS, is that a good deal?

So i'm between the Camaro and the Widebody Scat Pack Challenger. the widebody they quoted me 42K OTD. are these both good deals? or should I keep looking for a better price
So, are these "OTD" quotes that you got at the dealership, after driving the cars, and negotiating eye to eye? Or, are these just from talking, emailing, texting with dealerships through internet inquiries?

I ask, because if you're just "internet shopping", you're going to get a lot of really great "offers" on cars the will mysteriously be sold moments before you arrive. If that dealer is really willing to sell a $48K MSRP Widebody for $42K after TT&L and dealer fee, trust me, if you haven't bought it, someone else has by now.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:16 PM   #51
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Imagine if Chevy had the Brains to use just a portion of that track run in an ad. Who here believes it would sell cars?
For sure, or the video of Randy Probst in the SLE!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:30 AM   #52
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Don't limit yourself this is the deal of the century!!!!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-supercharger/
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #53
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
So, are these "OTD" quotes that you got at the dealership, after driving the cars, and negotiating eye to eye? Or, are these just from talking, emailing, texting with dealerships through internet inquiries?

I ask, because if you're just "internet shopping", you're going to get a lot of really great "offers" on cars the will mysteriously be sold moments before you arrive. If that dealer is really willing to sell a $48K MSRP Widebody for $42K after TT&L and dealer fee, trust me, if you haven't bought it, someone else has by now.
I bought my last two cars by “internet shopping” with near too good to be true “offers” from out of town dealers. Worked out great for me. Current car, bought a brand new 2016 Mustang GT for $27,400 sale price, under $30k OTD.

It’s recommended you internet shop and do all your negotiating by email, as it’s an easier process for both sides without the ambiguity that can happen with verbal communication. That way, when you arrive to the dealership, you’re simply test driving your chosen car and signing the already prepared paper-work.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #54
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:

Does it look better than my 2017 Fifty? No but it doesn't look any worse.
That's debatable. I, and everyone in my vicinity openly laughed the first time we saw a wide body Challenger. The huge flares appears as four huge band-aids, applied to try and make up for some sort of short-coming, or a design flaw (which it is).
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #55
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
I bought my last two cars by “internet shopping” with near too good to be true “offers” from out of town dealers. Worked out great for me. Current car, bought a brand new 2016 Mustang GT for $27,400 sale price, under $30k OTD.

It’s recommended you internet shop and do all your negotiating by email, as it’s an easier process for both sides without the ambiguity that can happen with verbal communication. That way, when you arrive to the dealership, you’re simply test driving your chosen car and signing the already prepared paper-work.
I made my deal on the internet going back and forth with a local dealer with about 15 or 20 emails. The car I wanted was on the lot optioned out exactly like I wanted. I made a lowball offer and got it about $4000 below retail. They even threw in wheel locks. Once we agreed I went out and looked a the car drove it and bought it. I was lucky to get the price because the car sat on the lot and in the garage for about 6 months. The car was built about 6 months before I bought it. Just hit $29k mile. Runs and looks like new.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:07 PM   #56
blackgloves

Drives: 1987 Iroc Z/28
Quote:

Does it look better than my 2017 Fifty? No but it doesn't look any worse. Does it look better than the current Camaro SS.. We all know that answer.

At this point. If I was comparing the Scat Pack widebody to the 2020 Camaro the choice would be obvious. I would buy the Scat Pack and never look back.
I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at. I have 19 SS and love it. Are you insinuating they look good or bad?

Former:
2019 2SS (Crush)
1978 Z28
2006 SS/SC Cobalt
2001 Z28
1999 Chevy S-10 Extreme
1972 Z28
1984 Z28
blackgloves is offline   Reply With Quote