#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 06-13-2019, 06:21 AM   #449
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0DRN71 View Post
No worries, it would have been cool to have though! What broke on the car?
Supercharger.....ugh...

Getting it replaced asap and will be back at RA 7/5, 6, 7. Will come find you and we'll get some pics!

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:56 AM   #450
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Man, I haven’t seen the name ZZP in a while! That strikes memories from the early 2000’s and the dumb power we were making back then with FWD Grand Prix’s! Is Zoomer still running the show over there?
Ha yup! We're actually in the process of a new experimental stroker engine for his Grand Prix, shooting for the M90 record.

Myself and Steve H are on here. I've got the 4 cylinder and he just picked up an '18 2SS.
ZZP_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:45 AM   #451
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Ive just noticed this post. Holy crap...1:51 on G3s???
How much power does your car have and what tranny is it pls? Thanks!
Thank you very much! I was definitely in the zone at the time trial and the air was nice and cold. I don't think I've ever felt my car pull that strong. The car is a Calaway SC 630 and it's an A8. As you can see in the video I always use the paddles because I prefer to run lower rpms in 4th gear through the esses and up the short hill before the back stretch rather than have the auto strung out in 3rd. Could I knock off a little more in full auto? Maybe if the conditions were just right again and maybe not because I may lose speed to
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #452
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post

Wow, thats a new top time. congrats

Ls6larry- submissions need some sort of verification, see OP for details.

New top Nelson Ledges time. Congrats!

Thanks for getting everything updated Provoste! and thanks for the 2 top time congrats!

As far as Larry's submission, if you look at the same time trial link as mine, he was 5th overall.

https://timetrials.growsites.net/eve...ssions/overall

You could probably update Travis's G3 time from that as well as he was 4th overall and had a 1:54.339

Edit: oh yeah and RXtacy was 6th overall and had a 1:56.016

Last edited by TheRealJA105; 06-18-2019 at 11:22 PM.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #453
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Thanks Provoste!
Seriously Provoste thanks for ALL your work and comments!!! Much appreciated each and every time you update Sir!!!
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:39 AM   #454
Akirasoft

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 2015 X3 x35i M-Sport
Autobahn Country Club Full:
2:44.31- Akirasoft in '18 ZL1 1LE on 6/3/19, OE Supercar 3R, OE pads, track alignment (-2.65 front, -2 rear)

Had a great time at the LapsInc event at ABCC Full on the 3rd and heading back there on the 24th. Still in the beginner group as this was only my second time out. With better lines I think I can pickup another 2-3 seconds with the car just as it sits but I'd like to replace pads for safety purposes.

Akirasoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #455
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Thank you very much! I was definitely in the zone at the time trial and the air was nice and cold. I don't think I've ever felt my car pull that strong. The car is a Calaway SC 630 and it's an A8. As you can see in the video I always use the paddles because I prefer to run lower rpms in 4th gear through the esses and up the short hill before the back stretch rather than have the auto strung out in 3rd. Could I knock off a little more in full auto? Maybe if the conditions were just right again and maybe not because I may lose speed to
I gotta say this is a rather unbelievable pace for a G3 vs G3R. Holy smokes! You ran a G3 correct? Ya the car pulls extremely strong. But you have a nice feel for it not allowing too much slip angle to occur. One hell of a lap even for a 630HP car. Wow!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:59 PM   #456
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirasoft View Post
Autobahn Country Club Full:
2:44.31- Akirasoft in '18 ZL1 1LE on 6/3/19, OE Supercar 3R, OE pads, track alignment (-2.65 front, -2 rear)

Had a great time at the LapsInc event at ABCC Full on the 3rd and heading back there on the 24th. Still in the beginner group as this was only my second time out. With better lines I think I can pickup another 2-3 seconds with the car just as it sits but I'd like to replace pads for safety purposes.

Second vid posting a fastest time as a "novice"
Either it is in fashion to play silly bugger or there is something special in the air this month lol!

Regardless, i gotta ask: change pads for what safety purposes exactly? Thx!
Old 06-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #457
mt.nichols

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Track (which config if applicable)= MSR Cresson 1.7 CCW configuration (used Harry's)
Elapsed Time= 1:21.15
Camaro Model = ZL1 1LE
Date= 3/19/19
Tires= GY SC3R
Mods= Castrol SRF, Flowmaster cat back

https://youtu.be/XYUfMXVBqWs
mt.nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #458
Akirasoft

Quote:
Second vid posting a fastest time as a "novice"
Either it is in fashion to play silly bugger or there is something special in the air this month lol!

Regardless, i gotta ask: change pads for what safety purposes exactly? Thx!
I think I just lucked out for setting good times with nearly perfect weather and a lightly populated beginner run group . We shall see how things look when I'm back there on the 24th. I'm not fastest either, I'm half a second behind 2010REDSS

I'm not sure the stock pads would make it through another day of what I was suggesting them to (as a novice I'm prone to over-braking.) Based on research I've done here many folks say the stock pads aren't bad so I might tackle my next event with fresh stock pads and I'm replacing stock fluid with Castrol SRF.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #459
TrackClub

Quote:
I think I just lucked out for setting good times with nearly perfect weather and a lightly populated beginner run group . We shall see how things look when I'm back there on the 24th. I'm not fastest either, I'm half a second behind 2010REDSS

I'm not sure the stock pads would make it through another day of what I was suggesting them to (as a novice I'm prone to over-braking.) Based on research I've done here many folks say the stock pads aren't bad so I might tackle my next event with fresh stock pads and I'm replacing stock fluid with Castrol SRF.
Well i made these comments tongue in cheek but on all accounts you have the fastest lap on stock tires. So congrats!

As to safety considerations, get that stock brake fluid out and replaced (SRF is the best) ASAP before you lose the pedal and go off. EDIT: STOCK BRAKE FLUID IS COMPLETELY UNSUITABLE FOR TRACK DUTY! That's likely the culprit of what you may have felt vs pads giving up. My pace is pretty reasonable for an old guy and i have not been able to fade stock pads at any of the 6 or 7 venues ive run my 1le at thus far.
As a side benefit, they are great for trail braking which is absolutely key to fast laps. Also, because they are not uber high torque, they run fairly cold and won't fry your caliper seals, heat up your F tires too fast, etc. But most importantly they have great modulation and release characteristics and they are also kind to rotors. I am not suggesting the are THE best, but they are damn good and very well matched to a stock car. Hope it helps. Cheers and continue having bags of fun!
Old 06-14-2019, 06:00 PM   #460
Akirasoft

Quote:
Well i made these comments tongue in cheek but on all accounts you have the fastest lap on stock tires. So congrats!

As to safety considerations, get that stock brake fluid out and replaced (SRF is the best) ASAP before you lose the pedal and go off. EDIT: STOCK BRAKE FLUID IS COMPLETELY UNSUITABLE FOR TRACK DUTY! That's likely the culprit of what you may have felt vs pads giving up. My pace is pretty reasonable for an old guy and i have not been able to fade stock pads at any of the 6 or 7 venues ive run my 1le at thus far.
As a side benefit, they are great for trail braking which is absolutely key to fast laps. Also, because they are not uber high torque, they run fairly cold and won't fry your caliper seals, heat up your F tires too fast, etc. But most importantly they have great modulation and release characteristics and they are also kind to rotors. I am not suggesting the are THE best, but they are damn good and very well matched to a stock car. Hope it helps. Cheers and continue having bags of fun!
I appreciate the insight! Car is off to get fluid and other things sorted out Monday as I had nearly the identical sentiment
Old 06-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #461
TrackClub

Quote:
I appreciate the insight! Car is off to get fluid and other things sorted out Monday as I had nearly the identical sentiment
Old 06-17-2019, 09:18 PM   #462
Harpinc

Drives: 19' ZL1 1LE
This was first day on track in the ZLE, second session, all Nannies off. Car easily has a 2.18 in it. Missed shift on first lap and trying something that didn't work on the second lap. LOL

Track: Motorsports Ranch Cresson 3.1
Elapsed time: 2.19.3
Date: 06/17/19
Camaro Model: ZL1 1LE
Mods: ZERO (Stock) G3R

Harpinc is offline   Reply With Quote