Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #85
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDivine76 View Post
As everyone here has said already, if you can afford it comfortably go for it. I don't DD the car (I've put 2800 miles on in the year I have had it) so when I do get it out the purpose is to enjoy it. It puts a smile on my face every single time. It has to be the best bang for the buck out there...the car can do amazing things. I think my wife has noticed that I always come back in a better mood after a drive. I think someone else made a similar comment earlier in the thread. There's nothing wrong with a little V8 therapy.
I can without worry which is why I'm even considering such an expensive car payment! I gotta work out the little details and see if it's feasible right now or if I have to wait.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #86
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I can without worry which is why I'm even considering such an expensive car payment! I gotta work out the little details and see if it's feasible right now or if I have to wait.
yeah...the waiting part is the problem. I've been known to be impulsive from time to time and once I fixate on something it becomes an all out quest to get it done as quick as I can. Waiting is torture...
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #87
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDivine76 View Post
yeah...the waiting part is the problem. I've been known to be impulsive from time to time and once I fixate on something it becomes an all out quest to get it done as quick as I can. Waiting is torture...
hahahaha I have to show this to my wife, she will roll her eyes so hard.

This is me in a nut shell. She knows as soon as I mention something it won't end until it's in my hands.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #88
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

whoa these lease break deals are ridiculous! No fees for a break if you buy a GM car but the dealership has a few ways to go about it. Sell the car and if it's over $16,140.80 its a wash plus "wear and tear" fees. Or they can sell it and add your remaining payments onto the new car. Nope, nope and nope. I guess I gotta go talk to them tomorrow in person.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #89
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I promised myself I'd make this account years ago and never got around to it. I was busy working 2-4 jobs trying to make ends meet and getting wage garnished to hell and back. Thankfully I think she understands that and that I've always put us first and I've given her lots to appreciate. She had a crappy 1999 Civic and I traded in my 2013 Camaro and worked out a deal so we could have both cars for $600 a month. My camaro and she got a cruze, not the fanciest car but a big step up from what she had. I've paid for her insurance every single month shes had that car to make her life easier too. I think that's partially the reason I get mad at her for getting on me for purchases. I make more but I pay for more of everything; cell phone, car insurances, credit card bills. On topic, that's heart warming, good for you. She knows I'd do anything for her and I know she would do anything to make me happy so it works. Glad your wife is doing good!

"In the end we decided to take advantage of 0% financing and get a new Zl1 exactly how I wanted it. The idea was that if you are going to spend that kind of money you might as well get exactly what you want. My takeaway: even though the car was primarily for me, letting her help on some decisions helps make it our purchase instead of just mine."

so much this! I have this outlook now, if I'm going to spend this money I might as well get what I want. What's the point if you don't? You'll always wish you did. I could get a loaded SS but I love the ZL1's so I'll always have that itch to have the ZL1 and will eventually do it. Why spend the money twice? I'm going to try and include her and make this a fun experience.

The first time she watches me start it and light up she'll understand what it means, haha. This is the perfect time in life and we're not going to have kids so it works. She freaks out about the price or the cost, I don't, I look at it as an investment. She worries about what we owe or don't owe and what our bills are and its funny how different our perspectives are. I look and say, "Were this CLOSE to some real financial freedom"and she sees just a gigantic car payment.

I pay $400 a month right now, I have a student loan with 12 payments left that's $300 a month. My tax return is paying off the last of our wedding and credit card debt and I can almost refinance my house and remove PMI. There's no better time than now! haha. I need to call the dealership and GM.
I don't know your entire situation but if you're just about to clear a bunch of debt, why would you go back into more debt this willingly? It's just a car....save up and enjoy life a bit without having tons of bills. I'll sell you mine in a year.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #90
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
I don't know your entire situation but if you're just about to clear a bunch of debt, why would you go back into more debt this willingly? It's just a car....save up and enjoy life a bit without having tons of bills. I'll sell you mine in a year.
Lol well 2 factors! I could buy my V6 Camaro and pay off the remaining $16,100 with interest so 18,000 at $392 a month and enjoy life. Or I could invest that $18,000 over those 3-4 years and be halfway through paying off the ZL1’s financing. Why put money into something you know you’re going to get rid of anyways, that’s my thinking. It’s a huge expense but by doing it now I save myself tens of thousands down the road. Besides, I pay almost $400 now, what’s $600 more? Lol. I could pay the difference and still save $800 a month, it’s as good a time as any.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #91
dickh

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue ZL1 A10 coupe
Jewelry.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #92
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickh View Post
Jewelry.
Good call.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #93
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
This a great question! I had to buy her a new car too😃 I actually told her i was going to be buying my dream car...life is short. So i told her that she should get what ever car makes her happy because i am planning on keeping my ZL1 till the end...and being very happy. So she got a new Cadi and i got my dream car.....A10 all day brother!
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #94
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
This a great question! I had to buy her a new car too😃 I actually told her i was going to be buying my dream car...life is short. So i told her that she should get what ever car makes her happy because i am planning on keeping my ZL1 till the end...and being very happy. So she got a new Cadi and i got my dream car.....A10 all day brother!
Haha I don’t know how much you read. My wife said I could have the ZL1 if she got a G wagon. I laughed at her because we make decent money but there’s no way in hell I could afford 200K in cars lol! A G wagon is 130K. I’ll just take her to Harry Potter land and she will be happy for the rest of her life lol.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:26 PM   #95
Bow Tie Fanatic

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black Metallic ZL1 A10
My wife actually called the dealership, agreed on the price and drove me 3 hours to pick up the car. She and I dated when I raced in a NASCAR Weekly series and I had mentioned exploring finding a pay and drive ride and she was totally against that so getting a ZL1 was the compromise.
Bow Tie Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #96
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Tie Fanatic View Post
My wife actually called the dealership, agreed on the price and drove me 3 hours to pick up the car. She and I dated when I raced in a NASCAR Weekly series and I had mentioned exploring finding a pay and drive ride and she was totally against that so getting a ZL1 was the compromise.
Good compromise. You found yourself a good wife!
Old 03-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #97
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

So, I talked to the dealership. Basically it went something like, "Oh, we will do the best we can to sell it but you're going to have to pay some money. How much, we won't know for 30-90 days after you trade it in."

So yeah, this isn't happening. I'm not going to jump into a risk like that and then have them send me some multi-thousand dollar bill. I'm going to wait the time I have to wait, save some cash and then choose a new dealership to work with.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #98
lightsOUT

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Krypton Green
Truth be told my wife is really easy to convince, she told me she doesn’t care what I do as long as it comes with a walk in closet.

Convo goes like this “hey look at this badass car!” Her response “looks cool, when are you picking it up?”
lightsOUT is offline   Reply With Quote