Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
larietrope

Drives: 1970 Boss 302
A 2019 2SS or not ?

Been rolling around in my mind to do it one more time. Have been out of the performance car world for a while but it's always in the blood it seems.
Looked at a Mustang GT premium also.
The 2SS is white/black, automatic, optional silver wheels, magnetic ride, and NPP. I need it to be an every day car. Anything I need to consider ? Summer tires live able in South Carolina ?
Thanks.
larietrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by larietrope View Post
Been rolling around in my mind to do it one more time. Have been out of the performance car world for a while but it's always in the blood it seems.
Looked at a Mustang GT premium also.
The 2SS is white/black, automatic, optional silver wheels, magnetic ride, and NPP. I need it to be an every day car. Anything I need to consider ? Summer tires live able in South Carolina ?
Thanks.
Sounds like you got it all identified to be honest... I'd check with the insurance company obviously.... make sure you won't pay something stupid for one over the other...

Summer tires shouldn't be an issue in SC....you have better odds of swimming before snow...
Old 03-04-2019, 06:33 PM   #3
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Sounds like you got the itch again. NPP for sure. As for MRC, it's your call. I had it and I don't find the different suspension modes all that noticeable and after the novelty wears off you just wind up keeping in Tour mode anyway. If you think you will track the car then maybe Track mode has some appeal but if that is the case then I would just get the SS 1LE anyway.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:01 PM   #4
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Sounds like you got the itch again. NPP for sure. As for MRC, it's your call. I had it and I don't find the different suspension modes all that noticeable and after the novelty wears off you just wind up keeping in Tour mode anyway. If you think you will track the car then maybe Track mode has some appeal but if that is the case then I would just get the SS 1LE anyway.
I keep mine in sport all the time.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
weatherman71

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I traded in a 18 mustang gt for my 19 2SS.... the 18-19 mustangs have too many issues....
While i LOVED my mustang, this camaro is starting to grow on me.

mine is a 2ss Riverside blue.... black wheels...NPP.....sunroof....
weatherman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:12 PM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i notice quite a difference in modes with mag ride. Its definitely worth it. there are alot of discounted 18s on lots. theres no difference besides the look of the front and rear end and the way the icons look on the radio. 2SS with magride and NPP (dual mode exhaust) was a must for me. There was a post in 2016 were people who drove both magrid and standard suspension said the mag ride was much better then the standard.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote