Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 02-19-2019, 07:15 PM   #6273
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
460 LT4? You can get an 18 or 19 6.2L with 420hp already. 40hp is easy to add to these truck 6.2s.
That is what I'm hoping, since we've had the 420 hp version for awhile. This would be fitting for a brand new 'SS product if it happens.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:49 PM   #6274
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
2nd gen CT6 reportedly already in development.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:10 AM   #6275
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
2nd gen CT6 reportedly already in development.
when you say in development... drawing table?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #6276
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/02/che...ighway-result/

Found this interesting regarding the 2.7 FE.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:50 PM   #6277
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/02/che...ighway-result/

Found this interesting regarding the 2.7 FE.
The FastLane gets 24 mpg, while Car & Driver only gets 18? At least one of them needs to review their test; their numbers shouldn't be that far apart.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #6278
FenwickHockey65

Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly receives temporary stay of execution, Chevrolet Impala and Cadillac CT6 production to continue through 2020

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturi...put-early-2020
Old 02-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #6279

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly receives temporary stay of execution, Chevrolet Impala and Cadillac CT6 production to continue through 2020

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturi...put-early-2020

That pesky Impala....Sales up 32 percent in January. Don't people know they are not supposed to want a full size four door sedan anymore?...lol...

What a concept....keep building cars that are still selling. The pent-up demand for all electrics just isn't going quite to plan as of yet...lol...First, you shouldn't end production of something that still sells in order to create an artificial demand for something not yet offered.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #6280
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
That pesky Impala....Sales up 32 percent in January. Don't people know they are not supposed to want a full size four door sedan anymore?...lol...

What a concept....keep building cars that are still selling. The pent-up demand for all electrics just isn't going quite to plan as of yet...lol...First, you shouldn't end production of something that still sells in order to create an artificial demand for something not yet offered.

Sales were also down 25% 2018 vs 2017.

I love the Impala, and it's arguably still one of the best sedans on the market right now despite its age, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's selling well to retail. Sales might have gone up in January but that's only because Enterprise or Hertz needed to restock their fleet.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:29 PM   #6281
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Its my opinion, but one of the things that could've done the Impala in was its reputation. The latest iteration of Impala had a nice design, but unfortunately it had to endure years of previous generations with a boring design, in '00 and in '06. What's more, GM was painfully slow in updating their design, which alienated Impala from normal buyers and regulated it to fleet sales.

Many people know and remember Impala for being an anonymous rental car (it was once a very desirable and stylish American staple). People with dedicated money would rather be seen in something that will make them look special. Its a sad and unfortunate state of affairs for Impala and some other American sedans. My only hope is that somehow interest can be rekindled into making stylish and affordable American made cars again.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:38 PM   #6282
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Impala sales since 2014

January 2014: 11,898
January 2015: . 9,214
January 2016: . 9,942
January 2017: . 5,972
January 2018: . 3,150
January 2019: . 4,158 (approx, based on +32% sales over 2018)

[sarcasm=on]
Yup, they've really turned things around. This utterly shatters the notion that people would rather have a crossover than a sedan. GM is going to have to add a 3rd shift in both Michigan and Oshawa plus call people in on weekends just to satisfy this newfound demand.
[sarcasm=off]

Instead of being a little more than 1/4 of what they were when the model debuted, they're now barely a third. On pace for around 50k units a year. Anything under 100k for an entry in such a mainstream segment by a big brand like Chevy is bad. For reference, thats right around where the Camaro is sitting ... and (rightly or wrongly) plenty of people consider the 6th gen to be a sales disaster. The Impala aught to be crushing the Camaro.

Also, what in the world are you talking about 'creating artificial demand for something not yet offered'?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #6283
FenwickHockey65

And let's be honest, the only reason GM is continuing Impala production at D-Ham is likely because just running CT6 on the line there makes zero logistical sense.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #6284
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Its my opinion, but one of the things that could've done the Impala in was its reputation. The latest iteration of Impala had a nice design, but unfortunately it had to endure years of previous generations with a boring design, in '00 and in '06. What's more, GM was painfully slow in updating their design, which alienated Impala from normal buyers and regulated it to fleet sales.

Many people know and remember Impala for being an anonymous rental car (it was once a very desirable and stylish American staple). People with dedicated money would rather be seen in something that will make them look special. Its a sad and unfortunate state of affairs for Impala and some other American sedans. My only hope is that somehow interest can be rekindled into making stylish and affordable American made cars again.
Impala has already run longer than originally intended. The original plan was for Chevrolet to have two sedans in the portfolio. Cruze and Malibu. And that was BEFORE the bottom dropped out on sedans. Notice that Malibu has continued to get larger, to the point that it is almost the same size as Impala. That’s because Impala was s’posed to go away. It’s a fuel economy thing. Malibu is 100% 4-cylinder now and gets better fuel economy than Impala. This was planned in order to address fuel economy regulations.

Quote:
And let's be honest, the only reason GM is continuing Impala production at D-Ham is likely because just running CT6 on the line there makes zero logistical sense.
Exactly.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #6285
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Sales were also down 25% 2018 vs 2017.

I love the Impala, and it's arguably still one of the best sedans on the market right now despite its age, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's selling well to retail. Sales might have gone up in January but that's only because Enterprise or Hertz needed to restock their fleet.
I could be wrong, but I thought GM stopped selling rental fleet vehicles a year or more ago.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:42 PM   #6286
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought GM stopped selling rental fleet vehicles a year or more ago.

They didn't stop, they just scaled down their rental fleet mix. I just rented a 2018 Impala last month.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions