Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #169
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
What a S**T Show!
So, as I stated previously, I got my TC replaced by dealer July 2018. I am unable to do a preemptive strike to protect my TC because dealers in my area a) do not have the tool and new fluid yet. b) will not perform the work until shudder reveals itself. In my opinion, that is too late and damage to TC will already be done and the cycle continues. Anyway, I did not want to have another summer of dealing with this. Yesterday I threw my GM warranty and Extended warranty to the wind and dropped the car off at Jannetty Racing for Install of Long Tube headers (little bump in HP) and Tune. Tranny slip tables will be set to Zero eliminating the problem with shudder and the AFM will be history (no more annoying exhaust fart). If the TC is already damaged I will replace with aftermarket. Done with the BS! I suspect I will enjoy the car Much Much More this summer. Next step is adding a Magnusen Blower. Time for some fun! By the way, I have a Range AFM device that I will be willing to sell. If anyone is interested please PM me. Good Luck to all.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:38 AM   #170
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
What a S**T Show!
So, as I stated previously, I got my TC replaced by dealer July 2018. I am unable to do a preemptive strike to protect my TC because dealers in my area a) do not have the tool and new fluid yet. b) will not perform the work until shudder reveals itself. In my opinion, that is too late and damage to TC will already be done and the cycle continues. Anyway, I did not want to have another summer of dealing with this. Yesterday I threw my GM warranty and Extended warranty to the wind and dropped the car off at Jannetty Racing for Install of Long Tube headers (little bump in HP) and Tune. Tranny slip tables will be set to Zero eliminating the problem with shudder and the AFM will be history (no more annoying exhaust fart). If the TC is already damaged I will replace with aftermarket. Done with the BS! I suspect I will enjoy the car Much Much More this summer. Next step is adding a Magnusen Blower. Time for some fun! By the way, I have a Range AFM device that I will be willing to sell. If anyone is interested please PM me. Good Luck to all.
Good move. Enjoy your car!
Old 02-10-2019, 09:41 AM   #171
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
That is crazy that you had to resort to that! I have zero confidence on this new fill. I am bringing mine in soon, but my plan is to keep the car until either the C8 shows up or if there will be 7th gen Camaro. My Range and hopefully the new flush/fill will be good enough until that point...this whole issue is just a joke and GM dropped the ball on this one big time!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #172
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Good move. Enjoy your car! :headbang
Yes I will, and when I can scrape up the money I will get the super charger as you have. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
That is crazy that you had to resort to that! I have zero confidence on this new fill. I am bringing mine in soon, but my plan is to keep the car until either the C8 shows up or if there will be 7th gen Camaro. My Range and hopefully the new flush/fill will be good enough until that point...this whole issue is just a joke and GM dropped the ball on this one big time!
Yes they did drop the ball, hard, and it is a BAD JOKE! If I had the coin I would simply trade it in for a ZL1, but... no gots! Now I'll just make it a bad ass SS!
I think your plan is good and hope it works out well for you.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #173
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Had mine done. Didn’t last 100 miles. Car no longer lives with me. It was replaced with a Scat Pack Charger.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 AM   #174
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Had mine done. Didn’t last 100 miles. Car no longer lives with me. It was replaced with a Scat Pack Charger.
WOW! That is drastic. Can't say I blame you. No more transmission BS for you! Effin GM ought to wake up... If mine does not completely go away after the Tune I will take the losses and do something similar.
Congratulations and good luck!
Old 02-11-2019, 07:39 AM   #175
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Good luck Chicken Poop... Love the look of those Scat packs, especially the widebody. Colors options are great too.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #176
tom's2005gto

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
I bought my '16 A8 in early August, it had 14,800 miles on it. By November I replaced the torque converter with an FTI 3200 stall, fluids, filter and tuned it.

No more shudder
tom's2005gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:49 AM   #177
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Yes I will, and when I can scrape up the money I will get the super charger as you have. Thank you!

Yes they did drop the ball, hard, and it is a BAD JOKE! If I had the coin I would simply trade it in for a ZL1, but... no gots! Now I'll just make it a bad ass SS!
I think your plan is good and hope it works out well for you.

Totally understand where you’re coming from, I’ve mulled the same route for months. Ends up I’m ordering a ZL1 vert this week, partly because I’m not 100% confident in the new fluid fix, and partly because I just want one ( it’s a lot of coin for me, but can swing it)
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #178
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Good luck Chicken Poop... Love the look of those Scat packs, especially the widebody. Colors options are great too.
Thanks. Mine is Plum Crazy. Hated to do it, but broken stuff does not stay at my house. I had 0 confidence in the car. Not a good thing. Couldn’t see throwing away a free extended bumper to bumper warranty to have a speed shop do it right.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #179
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Thanks. Mine is Plum Crazy. Hated to do it, but broken stuff does not stay at my house. I had 0 confidence in the car. Not a good thing. Couldn’t see throwing away a free extended bumper to bumper warranty to have a speed shop do it right.
I like the Scat Packs too.. They just will not come off the 45k price or I would already have one ..Anyway I got a chance to race one at the track the other day .. We made 3 passes together .. That Scat pack was right with me on every run .. I did nose him out but just a tiny bit but it was close ..My 7.70s to his 7.80s in the 1/8 mile ..
For big heavy car that sucker will move out ..
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:09 AM   #180
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
I like the Scat Packs too.. They just will not come off the 45k price or I would already have one ..Anyway I got a chance to race one at the track the other day .. We made 3 passes together .. That Scat pack was right with me on every run .. I did nose him out but just a tiny bit but it was close ..My 7.70s to his 7.80s in the 1/8 mile ..
For big heavy car that sucker will move out ..
You have to find the right dealer. Check out Woody Folsom in Baxley, Georgia. Good folks. I realized the same thing, treat the car for what it is, it will surprise you.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #181
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
What a S**T Show!
Apply for a refund on your extended warranty to recover some of your costs. It takes under 3 weeks for check to arrive.

EDIT:I see you somehow got a free extended warranty.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #182
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
GM bought my car back but their reason for the buyback was the Bluetooth feature wasn't working. I'm going to wait some time to see how the 10 speed on the SS turns out. The A8 shuddering was my turn off.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote