Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #295
Johnny Camaro

Drives: 13 ZL1vert,19 ZL1 vert A10 10/24/18
I said this many months ago, Chevy had to slightly upgraded the power of the 2019 ZL1's with only like 45-55 horse and we all be good against the GT500 just my 0.02.
And I would enjoy mine even more lol
Johnny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #296
Nesch18

Drives: 2013Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
Or a convertible. Didn’t the last gt500 have a vert?

I am with you on that! Needs a convertible version.
Nesch18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:19 PM   #297
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just curious where all this S550 struggling around corners comes from. Here are my thoughts, the PP2 will corner just as hard as the 1LE, and actually faster although for only 1-2 laps due to cooling. The GT350R corners just as hard as the ZL1, actually harder in areas within the H2H.

I guess you could say the 6th Gen may be more composed.

The big variant with handling between the two cars up until recently was the tire advantage the 5th and 6th Gens had. The new GT500 will not be running silly 285s like the last. Expect it to turn just fine.
It is in the programming of the MRC shocks. The shocks themselves are just the device, the tuning and performance of them is all in the programming and algorithms. Ford doesn't do it as well as GM does. They have only had MRC since the GT350 came out. GM has been using it since the C5 Corvette days.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:25 PM   #298
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
In the end, it has a knob...a ****in knob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
Shifting with a dial?I do like Tremec 7 speed. I enjoy my "paddles" and always use them. The price will decide what garage they will be in. Weight is relevant, less is more.
I'm kinda in-between on this whole dial shifter thing. I think it's cool. But, where will I put my right hand while I'm driving? I wonder why Ford decided to go this route over the traditional stick and why not the push button style shifter like some of the Lincolns have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I am very very curious to see where the MSRP lands. The car does come with more high end stuff than I was expecting so I wouldn't be shocked now if I have to eat some crow on my MSRP guess.... what gives me hope is this quote from the press release.

Hermann Salenbauch, global director, Ford Performance vehicle programs. “As a Mustang, it has to be attainable and punch above its weight. To that end, we’ve set a new standard among American performance cars with our most powerful street-legal V8 engine to date, plus the quickest-shifting transmission ever in a Mustang for all-out precision and speed.”

That gives me hope that the MSRP will be something reasonable when compared to the competition in it's class.
I consider anywhere from $65K-$75K to be "attainable" by most of us who buy cars on this level. GT guys will be just fine because they can always throw a blower on their GT and have the same HP and that seems to satisfy most of them...I don't see many of them caring to pay for all the extras just to take the car down the drag strip. Once you start getting over $75K tho is when you get into a different customer base. I consider that to be Corvette territory and you'll start getting Corvette type customers. Over $80K and I'd say it won't be "attainable" by the vast majority of Mustang fans or at least they won't want to pay those prices for a GT500. So what I hope is that Ford prices it low enough to be "attainable" yet high enough that any markup might tip it into the range where people won't wanna pay. So I don't know what that price would be. This is all just me thinking out loud BTW.

I don't think you'll have to eat crow because the base GT500 just might come in under $70K. You might be able to get one for that price without adding in any options. Maybe, just maybe, $65K for a bare bones GT500. If Ford is smart, they'll make a shit load of base GT500s and put the MSRP at $65K and take sales away from the ZL1 and ZLE. If they did that then I bet many of us here would trade in. Especially if it has at least the bare essentials like heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, Nav, and BLIS. And especially if there are no markups. We'll have to wait and see where the ball lands.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #299
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Well from the pics it sure looks like it's set up similar to the ZL1: Coolers on each side under the headlights. If so, Ford finally did something right.

Time will tell if they were able to sort out the S550 chassis or whether it will still struggle around corners.

Yea, who knows. My GT350 which is so weak down low still gets squirly WOT in the lower gears and I'm a little over 500 hp at the wheels. My 1200 hp Zl1 hooks and goes. Think about that for a second. haha. Huge difference in chassis design. Crazy thing is, under normal driving conditions, I like the way the 350 feels over the Zl1. But, I can't imagine how unstable the 350 is with anything over 800 HP.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #300
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm kinda in-between on this whole dial shifter thing. I think it's cool. But, where will I put my right hand while I'm driving? I wonder why Ford decided to go this route over the traditional stick and why not the push button style shifter like some of the Lincolns have.

I consider anywhere from $65K-$75K to be "attainable" by most of us who buy cars on this level. GT guys will be just fine because they can always throw a blower on their GT and have the same HP and that seems to satisfy most of them...I don't see many of them caring to pay for all the extras just to take the car down the drag strip. Once you start getting over $75K tho is when you get into a different customer base. I consider that to be Corvette territory and you'll start getting Corvette type customers. Over $80K and I'd say it won't be "attainable" by the vast majority of Mustang fans or at least they won't want to pay those prices for a GT500. So what I hope is that Ford prices it low enough to be "attainable" yet high enough that any markup might tip it into the range where people won't wanna pay. So I don't know what that price would be. This is all just me thinking out loud BTW.

I don't think you'll have to eat crow because the base GT500 just might come in under $70K. You might be able to get one for that price without adding in any options. Maybe, just maybe, $65K for a bare bones GT500. If Ford is smart, they'll make a shit load of base GT500s and put the MSRP at $65K and take sales away from the ZL1 and ZLE. If they did that then I bet many of us here would trade in. Especially if it has at least the bare essentials like heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, Nav, and BLIS. And especially if there are no markups. We'll have to wait and see where the ball lands.
Personally, I think you hit that different customer base once you break 50k. I know, go be poor somewhere else, LOL. But, I think once you're into the 50ks, you're into Corvette and Eurotrash territory and at the top of the typical Camaro shopper's budget. Granted, many of the good people on here have bought the high end Camaros, but I think the sales numbers of the most expensive Camaros are pretty small.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #301
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
First year ADMs will be 25-50K.

IMO, MSRP will start in the high $70s and likely range into the $90s well optioned.

No thanks. If I were in the market, I would wait for a Z06 level C8, or a 7 gen ZL1 1LE on Alpha2 with an LT5...at or below MSRP.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #302
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

I agree with just about everything you said.

they went shifter dial because that is there thing that they are doing. I had one in a rental car for a few days. It does take some getting used to, especially if you rest your hand on the shifter.

From what it looks like the standard GT500 should be pretty well equipped, but it does look like NAV and BLIS is optional which I will agree with you is stupid(but Nav is also optional on ZL1) The 12" LCD screen and sync 3 are standard, so I would guess it has all the GT Premium features as standard and then some. Guess we need to wait and see an order guide to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
First year ADMs will be 25-50K.

IMO, MSRP will start in the high $70s and likely range into the $90s well optioned.

No thanks. If I were in the market, I would wait for a Z06 level C8, or a 7 gen ZL1 1LE on Alpha2 with an LT5...at or below MSRP.
If it gets anywhere past 85K optioned up that IMO is a failure.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #303
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
What’s really bad for the fans who want one, it’s still a good 9 months out before they hit dealer lots. My guess end of October we will see in peoples driveways.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #304
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
The GT500 will have the Tremec 7 speed DCT, much better than the 10 speed auto Ford and GM developed. GM needs this transmission to stay competitive
The C8 will get a DCT. I wouldn't expect it in the Camaro, as it is even questionable if there will be a G7 Camaro...

Also, I was listening to a variety of GT500 videos by different YouTubers (Speed Phen-whatever) and he asked a Ford Exec if the GT500 would be above 3800 lbs and they said, "Yes".

So, the GT500 is very likely the 4200lbs as leaked.

The brake system points to this, from a functional standpoint, too.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #305
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
The C8 will get a DCT. I wouldn't expect it in the Camaro, as it is even questionable if there will be a G7 Camaro...

Also, I was listening to a variety of GT500 videos by different YouTubers (Speed Phen-whatever) and he asked a Ford Exec if the GT500 would be above 3800 lbs and they said, "Yes".

There is no way the gt500 will be even close to 3800lbs. Heck the 2019 gt350 is 3805lbs. Now add supercharger, extra coolers, larger breaks, and the dct, this gt500 will be over 4100 plus lbs.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:46 AM   #306
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Is Ford doing that thing they do where only the fronts get Brembo brakes?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #307
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post

I think it was obivous it was going to be over 3800. Interesting to see how much over 3800 though

Quote:
Is Ford doing that thing they do where only the fronts get Brembo brakes?
Good question. I haven't really seen anything on the rear brakes in print other than they are 4 piston caliber.

If you look closely at pictures of the rear wheels, it does appear that the calipers have the brembo logo on them
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #308
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Rumor on IG from a supposed insider is GT500 msrp will be $86,000.

Couple that with insane markups and the majority of these cars will go straight to climate controlled garages.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote