Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 01-04-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
Tha_Infamous_E

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Installing Leather Seats / Seat Warmers

Looking to change out my cloth interior with leather, but was wondering if it's worth adding seat-warmers in the process while I'm at it or if it's too difficult of a task? Looking to install this into the Camaro 1SS that doesn't come with seat warmers, so everything would need to be installed.
Tha_Infamous_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
Silverado57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Infamous_E View Post
Looking to change out my cloth interior with leather, but was wondering if it's worth adding seat-warmers in the process while I'm at it or if it's too difficult of a task? Looking to install this into the Camaro 1SS that doesn't come with seat warmers, so everything would need to be installed.
If you live in a cold climate, there is nothing like having heated seats.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #3
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
At this point, I would probably just trade the car in with a better optioned vehicle. You will come out better on the end.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
kykid

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS Coupe 6M Hyper Blue
LOL at trading the car. It can be done for VERY reasonable, especially if you do it at the same time as the leather install since the seat covers will be off anyway. Be smart, don't trade the car, add your leather and heated seats. Katzkin leather is first rate and around $1200 installed. A good quality heated seat kit can be had for under $100 for the front seats plus install. WAY less expensive than trading. Source: in the automotive sales industry
kykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:49 PM   #5
camex

Drives: Sold
I installed Katzkin leather seat myself, I spent less than $600 total cost.
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #6
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by camex View Post
I installed Katzkin leather seat myself, I spent less than $600 total cost.
How was the install? Did you have any prior experience?
Old 01-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I found new factory 2SS leather covers front to back for 800.00 and had my cloth swapped out. Huge upgrade imo from the fabric.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #8
camex

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
How was the install? Did you have any prior experience?
No, I didn't have any experience but I watched youtube and follow the step by step.
Not hard to install but takes some time.

also, you need this tool and Hog ring.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hog-Ring-Pl...t5v:rk:10:pf:0
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:37 AM   #9
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Katzkin leather is a big upgrade to the plasti-coated leather on most vehicles. Super nice material.

The heated seats make my ass sweat in about 90 seconds so I don't use it, but the heated steering wheel is great!
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:07 PM   #10
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykid View Post
LOL at trading the car. It can be done for VERY reasonable, especially if you do it at the same time as the leather install since the seat covers will be off anyway. Be smart, don't trade the car, add your leather and heated seats. Katzkin leather is first rate and around $1200 installed. A good quality heated seat kit can be had for under $100 for the front seats plus install. WAY less expensive than trading. Source: in the automotive sales industry
Yeah, I always laugh at those answers. Everytime I want to add some aftermarket product that may require a bit of time or effort, someone always insists I should trade the whole damn car for one that has one already installed.

I know the application under the leather seat shouldn't be very difficult, I'm just wondering how they would install the toggle switches in the car and program it with the cars computer and what-not as it's an electrical unit I suppose would need to go through the process so it can work perfectly with the other electronics in the car?
Tha_Infamous_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #11
kykid

Quote:
Yeah, I always laugh at those answers. Everytime I want to add some aftermarket product that may require a bit of time or effort, someone always insists I should trade the whole damn car for one that has one already installed.

I know the application under the leather seat shouldn't be very difficult, I'm just wondering how they would install the toggle switches in the car and program it with the cars computer and what-not as it's an electrical unit I suppose would need to go through the process so it can work perfectly with the other electronics in the car?
It's standalone, very straightforward. Wire it up to power and install the switches in the center console most likely, could be on either side of the shifter as the switches are very small. Check out some heated seat kits on Amazon and you'll get a sense of what you're looking at in terms of hardware, wiring, etc. It is NOT a difficult thing to do at all.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #12
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:

They’re the same clowns that will buy new tires when one has a rock between the tread. They troll just to troll. Nothing to add, just want to troll and be seen. I’d venture to guess their parents didn’t show them much attention when they were raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:35 AM   #13
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kykid View Post
I'm envious of this pricing, lowest quote I've obtained in Atlanta is $1,600...
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #14
kykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
I'm envious of this pricing, lowest quote I've obtained in Atlanta is $1,600...
Tell your local guys they're too high! $1200 installed is a very fair deal for both parties. I'm all for folks making money, they just don't have to make it all on me. If nobody in ATL will give you a fair deal look just outside of your immediate area for dealers.