Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Question 2010 SS M6 cam'd & bolt-ons AFTER warm up issues

Gents,

Been a day and a year since I last posted(yup still breath'in lulz!) and my ride has developed a problem that seems to be getting worse. After warm up driving at a steady speed the car will "hiccup" for that lack of a better description. When I go to slow down I can get back fires and after coming to a stop she will stall. After several cranking attempts I can get it restarted and drive it back to the house.

This all started late summer and initially I thought bad gas. I always run 93 so I grabbed a bottle of injector cleaner and filled it up at a different station. Since that made no difference I then checked all connections to make sure nothing was loose(initial recommendation by my tuner). That also did not turn up anything.

I want to back story briefly and say that I installed a cam 1 week before C'fest, DROVE the 8 hrs, drag raced and drove home. Zero prob. It was about 2 mo later where the problem first popped up and I DD the car so this whole thing has me scratchin my noggin.

Now I have run some diags usin my buddies Snap-On Modis...no CEL'S BTW that would be 2 easy...and while this has identified 1 initial minor prob I do not want to color the waters just yet with that info.

What I AM hoping is that some one has either experience this type of a problem FIRST hand and hopefully has a solution that worked for them OR somebody has FIRST hand knowledge of a similar issue and it's resolution.

I have done enough of my own speculating, trouble shootin to my ability and head bangin(ouch lol) and sincerely would appreciate any help!

I am hoping to get it identified and fixed before the end of the year. Want to do one moe data pull so Sir Steve can look at it and maybe give me one more tweak before the EPA slams the door. Then I guess my only option is HP Tuners...right?

peace

Frank
Old 12-20-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
frankwjr

The only fuel filters I am aware of are part of the pump in the tank..correct? I too have considered this and before gettin into that hoped to find a different solution.

tks for the reply buddy! Are you "healed" up yet?

Frank
Old 12-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Whatcha mean by ‘before the EPA slams the door?

Any codes thrown when the hiccup occurs?

I think you might need to let us in on the ‘1 initial minor problem’ you found. It could be an indicator or a clue to the underlying issue.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #4
frankwjr

***UPDATE*** lol duh...

so I chased what I thought was another possible problem, fuel psi but an inexpensive gauge from Harbor Freight showed a steady 58 psi. The other possible issue I was thinking was a bad O2 sensor but again not the problem.

Any body want to take a guess as to what the issue turned out to be?

SPARK PLUGS! unfreakin believable! I had installed Autolite XP's approx 3 yr ago and didn't think they could be the prob. Turns out each had opened up to about .060 and obviously where not doin the job. Put in Acdelco 41-162's and she fired right up!

Went out for some gas and actually feels way stronger than before so I know the prob has been resolved...wahooo!

Hey xc..check this link for info on the EPA https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...osteve&page=39

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year!

Frank
Old 12-27-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Glad you figured it out!

Looks like the EPA thing may be a SCT or handheld device issue. Glad I started tuning on my own lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote