Old 09-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #57
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6
Sounds great!
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #58
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Sounds awesome, great job!!! I hope mine sounds as good when I get my ARH headers and x-pipe installed next week.
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #59
rmh3
Semper Fi!

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I got the Kooks axle-back installed today. I must say, it sounds so much better than the stock. But driving it home, it does have a slight drone on the freeway...noticeable vs. stock.

Driving it around the city streets you will hear and feel that drone. Probably can't have a decent conversation with the radio on while driving for sure. Otherwise, I am stoked. It sounds great and under acceleration, sounds mean

Sound from outside:
https://youtu.be/otkq5eOrQ7o

Sound from inside:
https://youtu.be/y1StG1QRLtM

rmh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #60
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmh3 View Post
I got the Kooks axle-back installed today. I must say, it sounds so much better than the stock. But driving it home, it does have a slight drone on the freeway...noticeable vs. stock.

Driving it around the city streets you will hear and feel that drone. Probably can't have a decent conversation with the radio on while driving for sure. Otherwise, I am stoked. It sounds great and under acceleration, sounds mean

Sound from outside:

Sound from inside:

Sounds awesome! Ooh-rah!
Old 09-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #61
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmh3 View Post

Sound from outside:

Sound from inside:

I honestly have no measure of what amount of drone is considered bad as long as my head isn't hurting. But with mine I can definitely carry on a conversation with my wife with the radio on. From hearing and experience different exhausts on Chevy cars (Camaros and Vettes), I have concluded that you cannot achieve this type of deep exhaust note without some level of drone. Corsa and all the others that are so focused on tuning it out do so at the cost of attaining a truly different sound like the Kooks has. Follow someone while they drive your car (if there's someone you can trust), or let them do some fly bys while you watch. This kit has no competition for sound and price, as long as dual mode isn't desired. Glad to see people installing this system.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:58 PM   #62
rmh3
Semper Fi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
I honestly have no measure of what amount of drone is considered bad as long as my head isn't hurting. But with mine I can definitely carry on a conversation with my wife with the radio on. From hearing and experience different exhausts on Chevy cars (Camaros and Vettes), I have concluded that you cannot achieve this type of deep exhaust note without some level of drone. Corsa and all the others that are so focused on tuning it out do so at the cost of attaining a truly different sound like the Kooks has. Follow someone while they drive your car (if there's someone you can trust), or let them do some fly bys while you watch. This kit has no competition for sound and price, as long as dual mode isn't desired. Glad to see people installing this system.

The drone isn't bothersome to me. But I do hear it. What's great is that on freeway drives, it's not that much noticeable. It's only when I'm in 1st through 4th.
But like your original post...this is what this car should sound like. I love it and glad I got it changed out (due to you sharing it).
Old 09-10-2018, 11:00 PM   #63
rmh3
Semper Fi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Sounds awesome! Ooh-rah!

SFMF!
Old 09-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #64
Vulcan1

Drives: 2018 Hyper Metallic Blue ZL-1 M6
Call Pro-Fab Performance out of Lexington KY. Due to MAP pricing this product can’t be listed for under retail but it can be sold for under and they offered free shipping.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #65
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
The exhaust sounds great! Worst case, you could always add some J-pipes before or after the mufflers to reduce the drone. I was going to go this route myself, but ended up ordering the Mishimoto Axleback because they had one on the shelf and I ended up getting a good deal. If it doesn't have the sound I'm looking for, then I'm returning / selling and going this route.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #66
MikeEM1

Drives: Tracks: 18' ZL1 1LE
Sounds great. I was thinking about the muffler delete one.
AWE Track w/PLP
APR GTC300 wing / Singular Endplates
ASC Splitter / PA tunnels
MFR Engineering Custom Diffuser
Race Louvers Fender Vents
APEX SM10 & ARC8

For sale: 2018 OEM ZL1 1LE Wing

12' Nissan GT-R SOLD
MikeEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:51 PM   #67
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Installed mine today. The videos don't do it justice. It's very loud and sounds real real good. Very similar to a corvette with B&B bullets.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:11 AM   #68
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
Installed mine today. The videos don't do it justice. It's very loud and sounds real real good. Very similar to a corvette with B&B bullets.
Yes. This exhaust definitely is overlooked. Dont know why but in my opinion it's the best out there for the 6th gen, unless someone just can't live without npp function.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:45 PM   #69
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
I get my Kooks axle back and Borla 60606 installed on the 14th of next month, very excited. Been driving around with the fuse pulled, and it's really not loud at all, so this should sound real nice all said and done.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:35 PM   #70
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Installed my Kooks axle-back and Borla 60606 a few weeks ago and love em. There is a bit of drone but I actually don't mind it.